GDT: Buffalo vs Florida, 12/6/2014, 7p, MSG

wjag

Was Stewart possibly injured ?

Don't know, he didn't say anything about Stewart being hurt. All he said is that if he were his teammate that he'd be upset that there was some kind of disconnect between Stewart and the rest of the team. Just going by what Lindsey said, he's usually pretty reliable.

Don't know, he didn't say anything about Stewart being hurt. All he said is that if he were his teammate that he'd be upset that there was some kind of disconnect between Stewart and the rest of the team. Just going by what Lindsey said, he's usually pretty reliable.

Hopefully he's wrong. Stewart always seems to be engaged on the bench. Nothing stands out to me but I never really looked for it. My guess is he may have tweeked something .

I really don't like the work of Gorges and Myers on the first power play unit. To me Gorges is a better Weber... a tough defense-first d-man who has no business being on a first unit NHL power play. Myers has a bit more offensive game than Gorges, but still shouldn't be quarterbacking a first power play unit IMHO. He can skate. He can shoot. But, he certainly isn't known for his vision and creative passing. IMHO, I'd rather see Zadorov & Risto out there with first unit.

Risto will be the quarterback of the power play by season's end.

He's got a bit of Denis Potvin in him. He's a better distributor than Myers.

I'd like to see them set Zad up for the boomer. From what I saw in juniors, he's got a good one.

As for a guy to play with Myers, I wonder if they should give Hodgson a try.

He's got a good shot and is the most gifted passer on the team.

Scary defensively, but we need to do something to wake him and the PP up.

Risto will be the quarterback of the power play by season's end.

He's got a bit of Denis Potvin in him. He's a better distributor than Myers.

I'd like to see them set Zad up for the boomer. From what I saw in juniors, he's got a good one.

As for a guy to play with Myers, I wonder if they should give Hodgson a try.

He's got a good shot and is the most gifted passer on the team.

Scary defensively, but we need to do something to wake him and the PP up.

Given the available options at defense, I agree that we might want to try a forward at point on the power play. We're just not getting any creativity out of anyone other than Ennis. The lack of a competent power play is weighing this team down like an anchor.

Given the available options at defense, I agree that we might want to try a forward at point on the power play. We're just not getting any creativity out of anyone other than Ennis. The lack of a competent power play is weighing this team down like an anchor.

Wasn't Stafford on the PP point before he was injured?

3 page GDT. Tank or anti-tank it looks like interest is wanning around here.

Are there some advanced stats on the length of GDTs and weekdays/weekends? I'd be *shocked* if Saturday night games are a bit light as some people surely have something else to be doing?

Are there some advanced stats on the length of GDTs and weekdays/weekends? I'd be *shocked* if Saturday night games are a bit light as some people surely have something else to be doing?

I intended to watch the game but when I got home from some shopping the wife announced that we were going out to dinner. So went. Never ate though; just after we ordered and they delivered my beer, my son called and said his car had broken down (blown head gasket it turns out, which sucks cuz it's really *my* car but he drives it while he's in college). So we canceled the food, paid for the beer (only took a couple sips) and I dropped my wife off at home before driving up the hour north to meet my son while he waited for the tow truck, then brought him home so he could borrow my wife's car, and now I have to drive my wife to work until the car is fixed.

So yeah... I missed the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.