GDT, Toronto @ Buffalo, 7:00pm et

WildCard

The fans and the team needed this game.

You couldn't be any more right. The Leafs fans were extra annoying tonight. It was so important to score early and often, and also Moulson scoring right after the Leafs thought they had some life was outstanding. This was my 5th game i've attended all season and i truly had fun again at the arena.

By the way, Neuvirth is outstanding. No doubt in my mind that when we're a good team again, he'll be our #1 goaltender.

You couldn't be any more right. The Leafs fans were extra annoying tonight. It was so important to score early and often, and also Moulson scoring right after the Leafs thought they had some life was outstanding. This was my 5th game i've attended all season and i truly had fun again at the arena.

By the way, Neuvirth is outstanding. No doubt in my mind that when we're a good team again, he'll be our #1 goaltender.

You know, there's something a little different lately. First, I took a Leaves fan to the game. He was not a problem. (Wouldn't have expected trouble with him anyway.)

But others? Some kid wanted to start with me in the corridor to the seats at the beginning of the second period because I told him to wait in line with everyone else. Almost immediately, every other Leaves fan chimed in. On MY side. It was kind of weird. They didn't like the drunk lil' youngster repping their sweater at all. To the point where, at the END of said second period, several came up to me and asked me if I had had further problems. (I hadn't, and, while I'm not the biggest guy in the world, I certainly can take on an average-sized drunk teen.)

The Leaves fans tonight, while vocal, were pretty cool, at least around me. Even had some "losing to the Sabres" jokes in there. About 50% of my section was enemy territory, as is normal for a Leaves game, but for some reason, they were cooler tonight. Yes, even at the start of the game.

I sat in 304 and saw several confrontations. Including two females. With the beer, jersey, and scarf tossing, i don't think i've ever seen it that bad. I had 2 Leaf fans right infront of me and they were cool. I also noticed much increased security after the 1st period. Not just in my section but around the arena too.

I sat in 304 and saw several confrontations. Including two females. With the beer, jersey, and scarf tossing, i don't think i've ever seen it that bad. I had 2 Leaf fans right infront of me and they were cool. I also noticed much increased security after the 1st period. Not just in my section but around the arena too.

The sweater and scarf tossing was something!

Lol and Moulson's face is priceless.

That pass from ennis to moulson was a beauty.

The sweater and scarf tossing was something!

To bad they didn't go full monty ? or glad they didn't ?

Edit RJ's voice sounded good to hear again, but you can hear its not tottally back yet.

Hoping he can can take it back up after new year for a full game, that would be awesome.

Edited by Heimdall

Haha! I had already made an avatar out of it but decided it wasn't time, yet, to take the Murray one down.

haha - your General Tank Commander GMTM avatar is full of win!

The Leafs fans tossing shirts and scarves onto the ice made this game even more enjoyable. What a bunch of fair-weather cry-baby fans.

What an awesome win.

They actually looked like an NHL team, or did the leaves look like an ECHL team?

No matter.

We will be terrible this year, but I will take a win against the leaves any time, all the time.

A great feel good win for the players, coaches, management, ownership and, especially, the fans. This win will not hurt us in the long run.

I hate the tank so much that it makes this win even more special.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Ennis was a magician with his passes last night. The confidence and patience to wait for the right moment and lay it right on the tape. Nice work little buddy. lol

The pass to Moulson was a nice pass, I thought the pass to Stafford on the PP where Ennis scored was a great pass. There was such a short distance to saucer that pass and have it come down to where Stafford had an easy shot, took a lot of touch.

The Gus, Ennis and Moulson line looked good last night, there's a nice mix of skill on the line.

That was a nice win.

I think Neuvirth kept us in in the beginning but then we were just rolling.

This was a good effort combined with some luck that the picks went where we wanted them.

Zemgus will be our captain and our go to guy in the future. There is so much left to discover.

I also love that Deslaurier is here. Solid hard checking 4 liner with the right mindset.

i like him. I wish Moulson, Ennis, Girgenson would be our second line. It would be a good- great second line.

With Risto Zads, Myers and Gorges we have 4 good defenders, add McCape and Pysik and I think we are fine.

Neuvirth I believe is also a gem in the making. Good eye Tim!

I hope that Grigorenko and Armia pan out and that with one of the top 2 picks and Mike Babcok ( i google how he is written in few minutes) as vastly overpaid coach we get the curve soon(ish).

I do not see Hodgson, Foligno, Stewart and Mitchel as parts in the future. McCormick Deslaurier, Gionta I can.

:bag:

Quieting the home crowd because it's an away crowd.

Because all the home fans wanted to be at home hearing Rick!

Only 10 points out of a playoff spot.

:clapping:

Haha! I had already made an avatar out of it but decided it wasn't time, yet, to take the Murray one down.

Blast! Foiled. At least your version of it will be better than mine by a lot.

45]

Kessel's exact reaction when asked for comment: "Get away from me."

Ahahahahahahahaha.

What a sweet game. Dunleavy's goal call on Zemgus's breakaway goal was amazing. He knew Zemgus was going to score. ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS!!!! (slides it behind the Reim Minister) SCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for calling the first period Rick. :wub: :cry: :wub:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.