GDT, Toronto @ Buffalo, 7:00pm et

WildCard

If Nolan is serious about this tank, why not keep playing Enroth? Giving up 4 goals in one period is the sort of performance we need to stay at the bottom.

The draw here - and the reason I'll be watching - RJ commentating in the 1st period. I hope T-Peg gives him something nice for Christmas - this is an early Christmas present to the fans from RJ. :)

There is only one appropriate crowd reaction tonight before the game starts. The arena should muster up the loudest RJ, RJ, RJ cheer possible. I would imagine that even all the Leafs fans in attendance would chime in with their respect for the man.

Besides, it might be the most enjoyable moment of the game.

I'll be watching.. it's what I do.

This always pumps me up...

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:55 PM by IKnowPhysics

Put. That beer. Down. Beer's for fans only. You think I'm ###### with you? I am not ###### with you. I'm here from downtown. I'm here from Kim and Terry. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's BuffaloBorn? You call yourself a Buffalo Sabres fan you son of a bitch?

The good news is - you're fired. The bad news is - you've got, all of you've got just one week to regain your fandom starting with tonight. Starting with tonight's game. Oh? Have I got your attention now? Good. Cause we're adding a little something to this month's fan contest. As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. Get the picture? You laughing now? You got players. Kim and Terry paid good money, get the players to cheer them. You can't cheer the players you're given you can't cheer ######. You ARE ######. Hit the bricks pal, and beat it 'cause you are going OUT.

###### you. That's my name. You know why, mister? You drove a Hyundai to get here. I drove an eighty-thousand dollar Blue and Gold pickup truck. THAT'S my name. And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the man's game, you can't cheer them - go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life: Get them to cheer on the game which is dotted. You hear me you ###### faggots? A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Cheering. Always be cheering. ALWAYS BE CHEERING. A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have you attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's ###### or walk. You cheer or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision, for Christ? And Action. A-I-D-A. Get out there - you got the prospects coming in. You think they came in to get out of the rain? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to cheer. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their fandom. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What's the problem, pal?

You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch costs more than your car. I drank 970,000 beers last year. How much'd you drink? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a ######. Good father? ###### you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna be a fan here - cheer! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you ######? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get at a game? You don't like it, leave. _I_ can go out there tonight with the materials you've got and drink myself 15,000 beers. Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can YOU? Go and do likewise. A-I-D-A. Get mad you son of a ######. get mad. You want to know what it takes to be a fan of the Sabres? It takes BRASS BALLS to be fan of the Sabres. Go and do likewise gents. Fandom's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you. You wanna go out to those games tonight and cheer, CHEER. It's yours. If not you're gonna be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying - a bunch of losers sittin' around in a bar. 'Oh yeah. I used to be a fan of the Buffalo Sabres. It's a tough racket.' These are the new players. These are the Darcy Regier players. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for fans. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer you question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Kim and Terry asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and fire your ###### ass because a loser is a loser.

Hahahahahaha. What is the context of this and how did I miss it the first time?

Alec Baldwin has this monologue in the first 5 minutes of Glengarry Glen Ross. It's awesome. Thanks rest of the movie is alright, but this part rocks. And yes, it is Physics finest work to date.

Well, at least there's a reason to listen/watch this ###### today. Will Rick be simulcast on the radio? Have to drive as the game starts, ugh.

I would expect the call to be streaming on WGR. Should be a sound for sore ears!

Kaleta out and Foligno in tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.