GDT: Detroit at Buffalo, Nov. 2, 2014, 5pm.

Eleven

Remember when Darcy picked up Niedermayer a few years back and it took him, like, 65 games to get his first goal? I think Gionta is going to fall into that category. :P

Just got home from the game see this and remember how I spoke up for the guy about being a vet and will be good etc. Then dumping all over him because of how bad he was and then loving his game in the playoffs. He was fantastic in the playoffs. Sigh. Remember the playoffs?

Losers

LOL

Just got home from the game see this and remember how I spoke up for the guy about being a vet and will be good etc. Then dumping all over him because of how bad he was and then loving his game in the playoffs. He was fantastic in the playoffs. Sigh. Remember the playoffs?

It was only 3 and a half years ago. ######, my 7 year old son remembers the playoffs.

Nice stop on Dats by Zads, not allowing him to go around him and taking the puck away. Also some nice hits. Still hangs on to the puck to long, but I did notice he corrected that mid way through the 2nd period. A couple of small mistakes, but all in all, for the ice time he was given, I liked what I saw. Keep playing the kid please Ted.

It was only 3 and a half years ago. ######, my 7 year old son remembers the playoffs.

Right. Seems like seven and likely will be the total when we return to the playoffs.

And you're 7 year old doesn't drink I do either so there's that also.

My buddy did the plumbing work in Giontas nice new big ass house on lake Ontario in Greece. Said his dad was a dick. Not sure why I posted this as it is meaningless, but seems kind of ironic that he ends up Buffalo after having his house built? I bet he was planning on retiring, and then his agent schmoozed Buffalo into a deal. No idea what I'm talking about, I've been heavily drinking since watching Manning bow to Brady...AGAIN.

From Neuvirth Post Game

]I was talking to the ref a couple times during the game and he said, he told me, 'I know he's standing in the crease so whenever they're going to score a goal I'm going to disallow it,'" Neuvirth said. "I was glad he actually did it.[/size]

Edited by BRAWNDO

The Sabres were doing a decent job keeping the shots down over the first two periods. The third period continues to be a problem. They got the goaltending and did a good job on the PK.

The Sabres may not be a better team than Detroits of the NHL, they are good enough to beat them at home. If they can just get the shot totals down then there will be a solid base to be building on. Defense, Goaltending and a solid PK is good way to build especially with so many young players in the line-up and poised to join the line-up over the next few years.

The Sabres were doing a decent job keeping the shots down over the first two periods. The third period continues to be a problem. They got the goaltending and did a good job on the PK.

The Sabres may not be a better team than Detroits of the NHL, they are good enough to beat them at home. If they can just get the shot totals down then there will be a solid base to be building on. Defense, Goaltending and a solid PK is good way to build especially with so many young players in the line-up and poised to join the line-up over the next few years.

The trick is that somehow it looks like the team is finally figuring out how to skate. Eventually they'll be in shape enough to make it through three periods.

The bold is a little presumptuous. Maybe Little Cases of Emotion need something to take the edge off.

Nice lol. Didn't know they had that! :-)

And I meant to say drink like I do. Oops . Well you know.

GREAT GAME!!!!! Just got done watching it; I had DVR'd it earlier. Honestly, the 2nd Detroit goal should have never scored anyway - Mitchell took a high stick to the face that SHOULD have resulted in a penalty.

Great effort by Chris Stewart to score that goal. He was also the first one to hug Neuvirth after the win. I'm liking what I'm seeing from him.

Edited by Jsixspd

Question: Who the hell is Tyson Strachan and why did he equal last year's production in one game? Is he legit or is he some JAG we're going to suffer with?

Strachan has actually played more NHL games than Benoit. Benoit should be the better offensive player of the two based on past stats (although it is hard to compare across teams), but neither are guys who should keep Pysyk and Zadorov out of the lineup IMHO.

Deslauriers flashing some sandpaper.

I really like Deslauriers's game. A lot like Kaleta, with more hustle and more size.

I think Zemgus is gonna be one of the best players the Sabres have drafted in a long time. He is smooth and edgy. Felt good for Neuvirth tonight.

Absolutely no reason he doesn't have a C on his jersey. None whatsoever.

I know, Flynn scored a goal. He's still not an NHLer.

And finally, with all apologies to Mr. Gionta, this team belongs to ZG. I want a real, old-fashioned team election for captain, and tell me that guy doesn't win. ALL OVER the place, at least in the third, and I think we know that he won the game.

You may recall that while Flynn worked hard and earned his goal, it wouldn't have happened without ZG taking the puck hard to the net, grabbing his own rebound, trying a wraparound, and otherwise causing mayhem in the crease. He deserves two assists on that goal.

Remember the playoffs?

No. What does that word mean?

I don't care that we suck and it was a shootout win and we were dominated and it doesn't help the tank, I still smiled watching the bench reactions to the shootout goals, Zem's slick move, and Neuvirth falling on that puck and getting up to celebrate and catch Stewart's hug. Damn, it felt good to watch. Winning always feels good.

GREAT GAME!!!!! Just got done watching it; I had DVR'd it earlier. Honestly, the 2nd Detroit goal should have never scored anyway - Mitchell took a high stick to the face that SHOULD have resulted in a penalty.

That was my first reaction, but they don't call it high sticking when it's a follow-through after shooting or passing the puck (which was the case there).

Was Hodgson benched in the third?

Risto took a step forward tonight. Starting to see him make on impact on the game.

From his brief appearances, Strachan is less repulsive than Benny and the Mesz.

Zemgus with another beauty; Do people still think he's not that skilled?

Was Hodgson benched in the third?

Risto took a step forward tonight. Starting to see him make on impact on the game.

From his brief appearances, Strachan is less repulsive than Benny and the Mesz.

Zemgus with another beauty; Do people still think he's not that skilled?

Hodgson was just invisible, at first i thought he had a little jump in his offense, but he dissapeared after 10 mins.

Also had a feeling that at some point Moulson was demoted from first line during the 2nd period.

Don't know what is up with him, but he seems to shy away from physical contact more than usual.

As on meszaros, the guy is mess right now, but i can see him turning it around.

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.