GDT:11-1-2014 Buffalo at Pittsburgh 7PM, MSG B WGR

Brawndo

And nobody will. Again, his hire and then resignation is a better indication of what is going on than the games itself. It is being run by a bunch of morons. And it starts with Pegula.

Agree. It continues to amaze me how a guy who built a multi-billion dollar fortune can't seem to put two coherent sentences together in public.

Agree. It continues to amaze me how a guy who built a multi-billion dollar fortune can't seem to put two coherent sentences together in public.

He is incredibly shy and humble. I've met him twice. It's just the way he is. He is the anti-Golisano in that regard. (Golisano is pretty gregarious.)

What does public speaking have to do with being successful in the fossil fuel industry? Totally different skill sets.

Yep.

He is incredibly shy and humble. I've met him twice. It's just the way he is. He is the anti-Golisano in that regard. (Golisano is pretty gregarious.)

Yep.

If he is incredibly shy and humble are those great assets for an owner of a professional sports franchise. Yes, he has made billions and is an incredible business man. But does that make him a good owner? I want my owner to have a set of balls and take every loss personally. I want him to feel the other billionaire owners are his competition- just like other people in the fracking business. I DON'T want my owner to be ok with most likely being the owner of the team with the worst 2 year run in NHL history.

His people he hired will be the first to accept accolades when/if this thing turns around. Well they also should accept blame. Time for some freaking heads to roll. Show us a pair Pegula and shitcan some of your cronies. Nobody in this mess deserves the paycheck you are giving them.

If he is incredibly shy and humble are those great assets for an owner of a professional sports franchise. Yes, he has made billions and is an incredible business man. But does that make him a good owner? I want my owner to have a set of balls and take every loss personally. I want him to feel the other billionaire owners are his competition- just like other people in the fracking business. I DON'T want my owner to be ok with most likely being the owner of the team with the worst 2 year run in NHL history.

His people he hired will be the first to accept accolades when/if this thing turns around. Well they also should accept blame. Time for some freaking heads to roll. Show us a pair Pegula and shitcan some of your cronies. Nobody in this mess deserves the paycheck you are giving them.

Who are his cronies? And why would he lack a "set of balls" just because he's not comfortable in public. And seriously, "Betty, don't start up with your white zone ###### again." There is a whole "Trial of Terry Pegula" thread just for this. Go get after it!

I wonder if he's seen Tropic Thunder?

I don't even have to click.

Another awful game, where the Sabres were completely outplayed and outclassed by a much better team.

A coupe points

Why was Benoit on some of the power plays? When is the last time he scored a goal?

I thought Hodgson was mostly terrible. There was one point in the 2nd period where Hodgson had the puck solo on the ice, and a Pittsburgh player muscled passed him and took the puck away from him, and Hodgson did almost nothing to prevent it. WTF??

But then you'll miss the parade! Look at it this way, the Sabres being terrible while you focus on school is actually pretty good timing. Jeez, you may even find some time for your lady.

I was thankful to be working second shift last year so I missed Tank Part 1. I'm thankful I'm way too busy for this team now as well. I figure they should be worth watching in about three years which is perfect for me. :sick:

Another awful game, where the Sabres were completely outplayed and outclassed by a much better team.

A coupe points

Why was Benoit on some of the power plays? When is the last time he scored a goal?

I thought Hodgson was mostly terrible. There was one point in the 2nd period where Hodgson had the puck solo on the ice, and a Pittsburgh player muscled passed him and took the puck away from him, and Hodgson did almost nothing to prevent it. WTF??

Why is Benoit in the freaking league?

OK, WTF happens to players that come here? All the talk about Benoit was that he was a good, supporting player on a playoff team. Now he shows up here and he's an AHL'er.

Sumthin ain't kosher.

Benoit was (arguably) the worst defenseman on a poor defensive team that was successful in large part based on smoke and mirrors and puck luck. Nothing happened to him, the perception was just off.

Benoit was (arguably) the worst defenseman on a poor defensive team that was successful in large part based on smoke and mirrors and puck luck. Nothing happened to him, the perception was just off.

There's a reason he's on a 1 year, 800K deal. And that reason isn't "he's good."

No, I just think he had no idea how determined upper management was to go all in TANK.

I didn't like the PLF or TN hire when it happened. It was a publicity hire only. My point was more that when he resigned it was all we need to know about this organization. It is a much bigger mess than just what we see on the ice.

For those that think he was fired it really doesn't matter either way. The differences came from the direction of the team. I just cannot fathom how ownership wants to be this bad? How is that any way to run a business. Throw away seasons for a couple picks? Idiots

It is not a mess. Management concluded that the best way to build a better organization for the long term was to cut away the dead wood and focus on developing the talent pool. You don't do that through free agency, you do it through the draft. They knew the on ice product would suffer in the near term, and they decided it was acceptable. If no one bought tickets or showed up who cares. They could care less about you or your opinion, or mine for that matter. Now they are well on their way to develop home grown players with talent. They have assets and cap room. I applaud them for sticking to their plan. That it inconveniences you or anyone else is you, their issue. You can leave at any time and return when and if you wish. I feel it is more honest to do the unseemly now to build a quality team than it is to bring in journeyman grinders to pursue a bottom playoff seed that appeal to the blue collar fans. News flash blue collar is dead.

It is not a mess. Management concluded that the best way to build a better organization for the long term was to cut away the dead wood and focus on developing the talent pool. You don't do that through free agency, you do it through the draft. They knew the on ice product would suffer in the near term, and they decided it was acceptable. If no one bought tickets or showed up who cares. They could care less about you or your opinion, or mine for that matter. Now they are well on their way to develop home grown players with talent. They have assets and cap room. I applaud them for sticking to their plan. That it inconveniences you or anyone else is you, their issue. You can leave at any time and return when and if you wish. I feel it is more honest to do the unseemly now to build a quality team than it is to bring in journeyman grinders to pursue a bottom playoff seed that appeal to the blue collar fans. News flash blue collar is dead.

couldn't

Who are his cronies? And why would he lack a "set of balls" just because he's not comfortable in public. And seriously, "Betty, don't start up with your white zone ###### again." There is a whole "Trial of Terry Pegula" thread just for this. Go get after it!

I don't even have to click.

I could care less how he talks in public. That has absolutely zero to do with my opinion of him.

My opinion is based solely on how he has run his organization since the day he has bought it. And that is like dog ######.

He is out of his league as a professional sports owner. He will learn from his mistakes -I hope - but for anyone to be proud or accept the condition of this franchise is nuts.

This team did not need to be torn down to this level.

I could care less how he talks in public. That has absolutely zero to do with my opinion of him.

My opinion is based solely on how he has run his organization since the day he has bought it. And that is like dog ######.

He is out of his league as a professional sports owner. He will learn from his mistakes -I hope - but for anyone to be proud or accept the condition of this franchise is nuts.

To me he did all the right things and hired a great GM to clean up the mess the last one created.

Cleaning up mess takes some time.

Do miss Lindy ruff though :(

To me he did all the right things and hired a great GM to clean up the mess the last one created.

Cleaning up mess takes some time.

Do miss Lindy ruff though :(

What has he done to earn the label of "great GM"? As for Pegula he has done nothing right. Starting with not cleaning house immediately. TP would be the first person to tell you he has made mistakes. For people to say he has done everything right is absurd.

Where should they have stopped? Which moves that were made were unnecessary? Would fans prefer Miller, Vanek and Pominville to all still be here? I know I don't.

I know this team has been tough to watch, it's just still too early in the process to get frustrated. It's like complaining how the Harbor Center looked the day after they cleared out the lot and started on the foundation. It's a bold new direction for this franchise. A franchise that has for far too long relied on band-aides and short term solutions to maintain mediocrity. With great sacrifice comes great rewards. Times flies by pretty fast, before we all know it we will be dancing in the streets celebrating something special. It's been a long time since I had as much faith in something as I do in the direction this franchise is going. I have zero doubt our patience will be rewarded.

What has he done to earn the label of "great GM"? As for Pegula he has done nothing right. Starting with not cleaning house immediately. TP would be the first person to tell you he has made mistakes. For people to say he has done everything right is absurd.

As a whole, I think people of this board have been pretty tough of Terry Pegula, and justifiably so. There have been a lot of missteps during the first few years of his ownership. It was foolish of those who thought things would turn around instantly for the Sabres. Pegula has stepped into a new world he knows little about. You also have to keep in mind that Pegula is a shrewd business man. You don't luck into putting yourself into a financial position to purchase a NHL and NFL franchise. Pegula is figuring it out as he goes along. As he does, Buffalo sports fans are going to reap the benefits. I'm not talking bells and whistles. I'm talking about on ice success.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.