GDT:10-18-2014 Boston Bruins at Buffalo Sabres 7PM, MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Paul Hamilton was mentioning that this is Nolan's Philosophy, Enroth is Number 1 Goalie and therefore should play back to back games.

I'm fairly certain this is serious and I'm not surprised. We thought Lindy had issues handling backup goalies. Sheesh. Ted is like "###### that". I won't play him ever.

Any game against long time conference rivals is good. Show some pride, show some effort, don't take crap.

I didn't get to see too much of last night's game but it seemed as though the Sabres took a few cheap shots. If nothing else they need to adapt a knock the crap outta the other team attitude. Hopefully some day.

Playing any goalie on back to backs is dumb. It's even dumber when he gets shelled in the first game the way Enroth did. Enroth is being set up to fail.

Thinking about all those stretch reaction saves he made last night is making me nervous. If Nolan keeps this up Enroth isn't going to get a chance to show his stuff over an entire season.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Paul Hamilton was mentioning that this is Nolan's Philosophy, Enroth is Number 1 Goalie and therefore should play back to back games.

Bruins Probable Line Up

Line Rushes: Lucic-Krejci-Gagne, Marchand-Bergeron-Smith, Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson, Paille-Campbell-Fraser

D's: Chara-Hamilton, Seidenberg-McQuaid, Krug-Miller

Works for me. If they're going to determine the #1 goalie by how they play this year I'd like to see both of them get long strecthes of games to see if they can handle the workload.

I do remember seeing Neuvirth getting up rather slow the other night after taking a shot to the collarbone area.

This game is going to be ugly, and Enroth won't last nearly a whole season if Nolan keeps this up. He is small to begin with and has seen more rubber than a $10 hooker.

I would rather be at the ol' downtown hockey barn tonight watching RIT battle Boston College. Unfortunately it's sold out and will most likely be more entertaining than watching the Sabres.

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' lines vs. Bruins: Moulson-Ennis-Gionta, Foligno-Hodgson-Stewart, Mitchell-Girgensons-Stafford, Deslauriers-Flynn-McCormick.

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' defense: Gorges-Myers, Weber-Meszaros, Benoit-Ristolainen. Enroth in goal. Sam Reinhart scratched.

I'm surprised Enroth is starting. Is Neuvirth banged up?

He's playing well' why not?

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' lines vs. Bruins: Moulson-Ennis-Gionta, Foligno-Hodgson-Stewart, Mitchell-Girgensons-Stafford, Deslauriers-Flynn-McCormick.

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' defense: Gorges-Myers, Weber-Meszaros, Benoit-Ristolainen. Enroth in goal. Sam Reinhart scratched.

That bottom four defense looks like a nightmare. Will be interesting to see if Gionta does well on the top line.

Was listening to pre game show and Stafford was talking about how chemistry was the problem and the players on the team are good. Josh Georges was saying they were trying too hard and making mistakes. Stay positive!

those lines are a mess

The expected save percentage drop-off on night 2 of a back to back is .10. That's why. Unless your backup is Lalime-esque, he should play one of the two.

Nah let him get 41 under his belt switch to Neuvirth the net him finish out the season. Next year we can play the winner.

I don't like these lines. Why would you put our two smallest forwards (Ennis and Gionta) together with a non-physical guy in Moulson?

Personally, I'm dying to see a Foligno-Girgs-Stewart line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.