All heart but no talent

Hawerchuk

OK, I'm talking about Mike Weber. He's plays 100% out there no doubt, but lets be real, he is TERRIBLE. Out of position alot, gets burned in the corners and in front of the net, dumps the puck in before the red line causing icing. Don't mean to bag on the guy, but he just does not have it. I'm quite amazed he is on the team as bad as they are. He's not a quality NHL D man. Your thoughts folks?

OK, I'm talking about Mike Weber. He's plays 100% out there no doubt, but lets be real, he is TERRIBLE. Out of position alot, gets burned in the corners and in front of the net, dumps the puck in before the red line causing icing. Don't mean to bag on the guy, but he just does not have it. I'm quite amazed he is on the team as bad as they are. He's not a quality NHL D man. Your thoughts folks?

Last year, yeah. This year he seems to be playing better. Certainly better than Balls and Mezzer.

Spot on, IMO

<ducking>Eye on the prize! Weber is a perfect fit. :ph34r:

At times he looks competent, but isn't that the very least you want from a 7th defensemen? I can't really disagree with you on anything, i really want to like the guy, but he just has times where his mistakes are so costly.

Maybe next year, Meszaros and Benoit are bugging me more, strachan is a bit of a surpise as in, he can compete for a 7th D spot and push weber away next year.

But then again, only 4 games into season, any of those 4 can be our 7th D next year.

Fact:

Prior to Anaheim game, Mike Weber was the only Sabre not to be on the ice for a goal.

I've espoused my thoughts and feelings on this subject 10 fold. He's a 16 minute a game 6th defenseman.

He's the same player. They just don't have him slated as a #2 D getting 23 minutes a night.

And, at least until Pysyk is healthy, he is currently their 3rd best D man. Which says a LOT about the other guys' play to date. When a true #6/7 is your #3, you've got issues. (Unless you want to tank, in that case, the plan is coming together.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.