GDT: Sabres at Huricanes 10-14-14 7:30PM NBCSN

spndnchz

Are we going to be seeing 4 page GDT's before Halloween?

Probably. Upgraded to "No doubt" if the "no tank talk" guideline takes hold.

This terrible team is coming at a good time for me. I really don't have the hours to sit and watch whole hockey games right now, but with this team I just put the game on and monitor the situation. Works out perfectly.

Game stats for tonight's match-up

http://www.nhl.com/g...avid=sb:preview

Here're the important ones:

SA/G: Buffalo: 43.7

Carolina: 28.5

S/G: Buffalo: 19.0

Carolina: 24.0

Goals For/G: Buffalo: 1.33

Carolina: 3.00

Goals Against/G: Buffalo 4.67

Carolina: 4.50

Anyone know where to get the lineups from? I think it's from twitter, but I don't have an account.

Edit: Why can't I post the stats box at the bottom of the page correctly on here? Mildly infuriating

Edited by WildCard

Nolan said it's not just Meszaros but you can'T sit 10 guys— Paul Hamilton (@pham1717)

Yeeeeesh.

Also

Foligno will play. Strachan is in for Meszaros. Hodgson moves back to center. Girgensons will center Mitchell and Gionta.
-CR— Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres)

Sadly I won't be here for this game. Had to go out and celebrate a buddy's birthday recently and spent more money than I should have so I have opted to stay home and watch this ###### show on tv where beers run me about 50 cents each instead of $10.

Dude, what the hell are you drinking?

I will be there in section 111 wearing a white Myers jersey. My really short wife will be wearing a Bruins shirt just to annoy me. I'll also be sitting with my brother and his wife, who will both have some sort of Sabres stuff on. Feel free to say hi. My wife thinks I have ebola though, so keep that in mind.

Edited by shrader

I thought it would take me longer to hate Nolan's moves. Mitchell - Girgensons - Gionta? Still no Nikita? Why is he e

ven on the roster?

The ONLY thing i can think with Zadarov is they are getting him in shape. Anything other than that and this current regime is just as stupid as the last.

Also, how long before GMTM and TN have a blowup. Something tells me they have different agendas and I wonder when the shite hits the fan.

That seems likely at this point.

If you can't sit 10 guys, were the other nine all on offense? Otherwise those comments make no sense.

I think he was exaggerating for the point of emphasis. But I figure the Nolan doghouse right now is:

Meszaros, Benoit, Moulson, Gionta, Stafford, Ristolainen, and to some extent Reinhart, although I doubt it.

I'd say his words are targeting the vets though. The supposed leadership.

The ONLY thing i can think with Zadarov is they are getting him in shape. Anything other than that and this current regime is just as stupid as the last.

Also, how long before GMTM and TN have a blowup. Something tells me they have different agendas and I wonder when the shite hits the fan.

Or there's an injury they're not talking about.

Tim's plan seems to be progessing without a hitch. You mean when will Nolan scream at him that he's sick of losing? I'd imagine that Tim would tell him that he knew what he was getting into when he interviewed for the job, and give him the freedom to look for another nhl coaching gig if he so desires.

Or there's an injury they're not talking about.

Which is far more likely than Ted and GMTM not being on the same page, or whatever crazy conjecture that was.

Tim's plan seems to be progessing without a hitch. You mean when will Nolan scream at him that he's sick of losing? I'd imagine that Tim would tell him that he knew what he was getting into when he interviewed for the job, and give him the freedom to look for another nhl coaching gig if he so desires.

Bingo.

Which is far more likely than Ted and GMTM not being on the same page, or whatever crazy conjecture that was.

Bingo.

The crazy conjecture is when TN decided to sign his contract don't think for one minute that it was driven by $$$. It is not like he had numerous other opportunities.

So he stays on board and buys into the plan. However, my feeling is he is far too competitive to buy in fully.

I am simply stating I think this happens sooner than later. Crazy conjecture? No just a simple question.

I will go as far to say it wouldn't surprise me if at some point he resigns. If memory serves me it took a little bit of time for him to sign his contract.

The crazy conjecture is when TN decided to sign his contract don't think for one minute that it was driven by $$$. It is not like he had numerous other opportunities.

So he stays on board and buys into the plan. However, my feeling is he is far too competitive to buy in fully.

I am simply stating I think this happens sooner than later. Crazy conjecture? No just a simple question.

I will go as far to say it wouldn't surprise me if at some point he resigns. If memory serves me it took a little bit of time for him to sign his contract.

He took the position knowing this team was a talent and spirit disaster. Why would he resign? That would just make him a quitter.

He took the position knowing this team was a talent and spirit disaster. Why would he resign? That would just make him a quitter.

Agreed. I think Nolan believes he's up to the challenge, and that if he can "do something" with THIS team, his NHL coaching career is secured.

OR, all of the work and not-giving-up rhetoric is just B.S. and when the B.S. hits the fan, Nolan has no spine.

I guess I really don't know what to believe any more regarding this team. Few things make sense, and the team still sucks.

Agreed. I think Nolan believes he's up to the challenge, and that if he can "do something" with THIS team, his NHL coaching career is secured.

OR, all of the work and not-giving-up rhetoric is just B.S. and when the B.S. hits the fan, Nolan has no spine.

I guess I really don't know what to believe any more regarding this team. Few things make sense, and the team still sucks.

I just want to believe he's the guy who gives the Latvian team a chance in the Olympics. I want to believe that we've got that Ted Nolan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.