Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Why is Forsberg playing!? Its not a back to back and McIlhenny had been red hot. This makes no sense. Pure tank move by CBJ.

It's possible that the other 29 teams have come to some agreement where they will all play their backup goalies against the Sabres to increase the Sabres points totals so that they can't win the shart.  Just some payback for so openly tanking.

Or not. :-)

The more I hear about it the less likely I think it is. I'm still holding out hope but I don't think it's happening.

It's fine either way. He's not a 950 goaltender.

Serious question: what if he's traded and Lindback has two great games in a row. Is everyone gonna run around, arms flailing, yelling to waive him and bring up Hackett? Then what if Hackett is great for a game?

We're the worst team in the league, and we're there with both Enroth and Neuvirth. The odds heavily favor is remaining there regardless of the goaltending, because ya know, we still don't score goals.

Serious question: what if he's traded and Lindback has two great games in a row. Is everyone gonna run around, arms flailing, yelling to waive him and bring up Hackett? Then what if Hackett is great for a game?

We're the worst team in the league, and we're there with both Enroth and Neuvirth. The odds heavily favor is remaining there regardless of the goaltending, because ya know, we still don't score goals.

Lindback wouldn't.

Lindback wouldn't.

Probably not, but we were all pretty sure Neuvirth wouldn't, nor that Enroth would do so so consistently. 

I still say keep Neuvirth. I'm with TrueBlue in holding onto long term stats as a comfort; getting rid of him may ensure the tank 100%, but i'm not sure it's necessary, and I'd like to have at least one NHL quality goaltender on the roster come October.

There are going to be a whole generation of goalies that can say, "my first game/win/turning point was against the Buffalo Sabres" "hey, mine too!".

:lol:

How many have there been this season? There was one the other week (I already forgot his name), and hopefully one tonight. 

Yes, it will certainly be an interesting night. We face another backup, actually a third stringer, in Anton Forsberg - while Edmonton plays Dubnyk. It'll be stressful, but not make or break.

So he is starting tonight? It seems like it's been awhile since he got a night off

There are going to be a whole generation of goalies that can say, "my first game/win/turning point was against the Buffalo Sabres" "hey, mine too!".

Well played sir, very well played

So according to this simulator, the Sabres can go 9-9-4 and will still finish DFL: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Buffalo.html

I believe that only takes into account the Eastern Conference Standings.

Lindback wouldn't.

Except he has had a few great short runs before. Sure he sucks, but goaltending is fickle...which is my entire point.

Edit: For example, in February of 2013 Lindback had 6 starts and finished the month with a .933 sv% and in March 2014 he had three starts and finished with a .975. 

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Maybe Enroth and Neuvirth are just products of the Sabres defensive system?    

Enroth's save% in 3 appearances with the Stars is .865... compared to .903 with Buffalo this season.      

Giving up tons of shot from everywhere increases your save %.    Nolan's d-zone strategy seems like he tells players to play off guys, don't play them too tight putting yourself in a position to get beat.   Keep a large gap between yourself and the puck carrier such that he can't beat you to the net.    However, this results in inflated shot totals for the opposition as this creates more opportunities to shoot.     

Looks like we'll need a miracle to pull one out tonight.

Miracle on Ice anniversary, we all become Soviets/Russians overnight, we're in a season where we want to lose, in a thread where winning = losing, the Sabres get a 3rd string and Edmonton loses a star....maybe can pull off our own deranged Miracle on Ice 

Probably not, but we were all pretty sure Neuvirth wouldn't, nor that Enroth would do so so consistently. 

I still say keep Neuvirth. I'm with TrueBlue in holding onto long term stats as a comfort; getting rid of him may ensure the tank 100%, but i'm not sure it's necessary, and I'd like to have at least one NHL quality goaltender on the roster come October.

:lol:

How many have there been this season? There was one the other week (I already forgot his name), and hopefully one tonight.

It's been going back a few years, at least for backups.

Looks like we'll need a miracle to pull one out tonight.

Miracle on Ice anniversary, we all become Soviets/Russians overnight, we're in a season where we want to lose, in a thread where winning = losing, the Sabres get a 3rd string and Edmonton loses a star....maybe can pull off our own deranged Miracle on Ice 

Just to get in the spirit I'm going on Netflix to watch Rocky IV and root for Ivan to beat Rocky, for the second time.

What are we to chant now .... USSR, Russia ? Where's NS when you need him? 

a few more motivational quotes for the Sabres tonight..... 

"Today I won't do what others do, so tomorrow I can't do what others can."

"If it's important to you, you won't find a way.  If not you'll find an excuse."

"Winners quit when they're tired. Losers don't quit when they've lost."

"Bad players inspire themselves, Terrible players inspire others."

Edited by pi2000

If the goal truly is to finish DFL then Murray NEEDS to move Neuvirth and Stewart. If he doesn't I think it's safe to assume that he feels comfortable not finishing off the tank and guaranteeing one of the two generational talents.

(That's not to say it's wrong or whatever, that's just how I look at it)

We'll be out of last place by the deadline. It's going to be fun trying to get our lead back.

Edited by Tank

Can't wait to see DR again - standing behind Maloney as he says "with the first pick of the 2015 NHL draft the Arizona Coyotes select Connor McDavid".

With the second pick of the 2015 NHL draft the Edmonton Oilers select Jack McEichel.

The Buffalo Sabres have traded the third pick of the 2015 NHL draft to the Carolina Hurricanes. The Hurricanes select Noah Hannifan.

With the fourth pick of the 2015 NHL draft the Buffalo Sabres select Dylan Strome.

Book it!!

Remember that time we drafted a #1 center 2nd overall? Good times, good times.

Don't forget Sam Reinhart is already a Sabre. There are worse things than drafting Marner or Strome 4th overall.

We get it. We all get it. We know that Marner/Strome are good. They're still not great. They may outperform their prospect rankings, of course, but they aren't likely to change this franchise's fortunes. The tank is and always was about the top two. The rest is just "well we're in a better place than we were before" but a MUCH larger unknown.

We get it. We all get it. We know that Marner/Strome are good. They're still not great. They may outperform their prospect rankings, of course, but they aren't likely to change this franchise's fortunes. The tank is and always was about the top two. The rest is just "well we're in a better place than we were before" but a MUCH larger unknown.

Remember that time we drafted Sam Reinhart?

Remember that time we drafted a #1 center 2nd overall? Good times, good times.

Don't forget Sam Reinhart is already a Sabre. There are worse things than drafting Marner or Strome 4th overall.

Actually, there is NOTHING that could be worse when it comes to the Sabres this year. The gap between 2 and 3 is fckn gigantic.