Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

You think NYI still has a chance of getting into the lottery?

This seems very unlikely. If I'm reading the sportsclubstats correctly, the #fancystat chance of the NYI finishing among the lottery teams is >1%.

The same site pegs the Sabres' chances of finishing last in the EC at 100%. I don't read the site as offering odds on an overall finish.

...unless losing to us smashes their confidence and sends their organization into a death spiral!

Halak has been on a slow downward death spiral since november. At this pace he'll be a sub-.850 goalie by then end of the month, and they'll win their last game in early March.

This seems very unlikely. If I'm reading the sportsclubstats correctly, the #fancystat chance of the NYI finishing among the lottery teams is >1%.

The same site pegs the Sabres' chances of finishing last in the EC at 100%. I don't read the site as offering odds on an overall finish.

And changes of finishing 30th is at 89%. 

Bring it on home boys!

You think NYI still has a chance of getting into the lottery?

Yes. The franchise deserves it. They toyed with their fans this year and are about to go on a massive losing streak. Not wishing this on them, but injuries could overtake them now. If they lose Johnny T on top of Okpaso? Sprinkle in an injury to Halak. Yes I do still see hope in them getting a ticket. Again I am not rooting for injuries to their players by any means.

Just know that franchise deserves to suck the bottom depths and knows how to do it. They got too good, too fast this year. I don't like them. Punch my lotto ticket :flirt:

Just so you understand where I 'm coming from, I'm saying the Isles don't win another game this season :w00t:

Edited by beerme1

Current standings through games played 2/6.

Team         GP L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC

Buffalo      52 34 15 3 71 131 60 57

Edmonton     52 29 14 9 67 127 60 61

Carolina     51 26 18 7 59 121 62 68

Arizona      52 26 19 7 59 119 60 69

Toronto      53 27 22 4 58 116 58 70

New Jersey   51 22 20 9 53 115 62 73

Philadelphia 52 22 22 8 52 112 60 74

Columbus     50 24 23 3 51 115 64 77

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st))

TO in serious 2nd half of the season mode. Looks like we can add 1 more item to the list of things that can be counted on: death, taxes, and Loafs post game 40 collapse.

As stated yesterday; everybody but Filly in action. Not CHL but of interest, Garth's Goobers also in Baaah-stan night before visiting Sabres.

Well if we're ever going to make some distance between us and Edmonton it's tonight. The Laughs have completely collapsed, their players have marked this season off and clearly aren't playing anymore. Hopefully it continues against BP Oil tonight. 

The Stars OTOH are 5 points out from a legitimate playoff spot. Hopefully they come into Buffalo motivated tonight

The Sabres are going to face a gauntlet over the next two nights, as both their opponents are also playing back to back games. It's possible the Sabres will face CHL Stalwart Backup Goaltenders for both games. Andres Lindback who is 7-2 with a dominating .875 Save Percentage and 3.79 GAA could face the Sabres Tonight. Then Garth's Goobers could have Chad Johnson who is 6-6 with an equally dominating .865 Save Percentage and 3.43 GAA.

Toronto needs to continue their winning ways or there could be a tie atop the CHL Standings come Monday Morning

The Sabres are going to face a gauntlet over the next two nights, as both their opponents are also playing back to back games. It's possible the Sabres will face CHL Stalwart Backup Goaltenders for both games. Andres Lindback who is 7-2 with a dominating .875 Save Percentage and 3.79 GAA could face the Sabres Tonight. Then Garth's Goobers could have Chad Johnson who is 6-6 with an equally dominating .865 Save Percentage and 3.43 GAA.

Toronto needs to continue their winning ways or there could be a tie atop the CHL Standings come Monday Morning

Wow, go 15-1 over the last month, and still, one weekend off and it could be the Sabres are ousted from the CHL's #1 slot.  Tough, very tough league!! The worst is Mess and Benoit are out, making a CHL win more elusive.

No Taylor Hall or Benoit Pouliot for the #oilers in Toronto tonight.

I have a feeling we're going to be looking at just a two-point edge at the end of the night. Facing stalwart Anders Lindback. Oilers facing the unbearable Laughs. Not feeling great here.

No Taylor Hall or Benoit Pouliot for the #oilers in Toronto tonight.

I have a feeling we're going to be looking at just a two-point edge at the end of the night. Facing stalwart Anders Lindback. Oilers facing the unbearable Laughs. Not feeling great here.

Just piling on the bad news, someone give us a positive!!