Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

That was a serious question of mine. If Dallas Eakins could win the Jack Hoff coaching award after such a short tenure.

I think you would have to look at the circumstances without regard to the reason he is no longer there. If for example he was replaced because he was ill, you should look at the contribution up to the time of separation. It may be that co-winners from the same team would be warranted. I personally think MacT had his eye on the Jack Hoff award and knew he had to get back behind the bench and ride the considerable mo Eakins created. The judges should take that under advisement.

Still not worried btw. In 36 hours they'll be back within striking distance of EDM.. Who just fired their head coach.

That's fantastic news! There's no way an interim coach is going to take it laying down. Should put some wind in the Sabres sails, but I think at this moment Darcy is making a Dr Evil laugh down in Mexico.

That's fantastic news! There's no way an interim coach is going to take it laying down. Should put some wind in the Sabres sails, but I think at this moment Darcy is making a Dr Evil laugh down in Mexico.

They promoted their AHL affiliate HC, Todd Nelson, however the GM MacTavish will be behind the bench for a few weeks to help "transition" Todd Nelson into the role. Strange if you ask me... stinks like a rusty old tank.

Edited by pi2000

They promoted their AHL affiliate HC, Todd Nelson, however the GM MacTavish will be behind the bench for a few weeks to help "transition" Todd Nelson into the role. Strange if you ask me... stinks like a rusty old tank.

If that guy, Nelson, ever wants to coach in the NHL, he'd better win and win quickly. If he doesn't agree, one conversation with Rolston might change his mind. This may be his only chance to shine. I think MacT just wants first-hand knowledge of who to dump.

Current standings through games played 12/15.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 31 19 7 5 43

Carolina 29 18 8 3 39

Arizona 30 16 10 4 36

New Jersey 31 15 11 5 35

Buffalo 31 16 13 2 34

Colorado 30 13 10 7 33

Columbus 29 15 12 2 32

Philadelphia 29 13 11 5 31

Dallas 29 13 11 5 31

Ottawa 30 12 12 6 30

Took care of relegation a day or 2 early. Cats and Jest out, Otters, No Stars, Phlyers, & Joisey in. All 10 new CHL squads at least 0.500. B's next closest to moving in at 2 games under. Could next move be B's swapping into Sabres spot? Sabres need to pick up some points on the road to keep that previously unthinkable scenario from happening.

Sabres currently in 5th, but could be 9th if games in hand go against them. My what a difference 10 games make.

If McTavish is going to coach a few, does that make him eligible as a GM and Coach?

Would need a ruling, but unless he coaches at least 10 he probably only gets the hardware he's got a near-death grip on. (One of these days I need to recall what trophies we've named and get names for the rest. Probably will review it over the holiday.)

I feel the need to rally the troops!

Jonathan Willis @JonathanWillis · 1h 1 hour ago

Four straight wins for Buffalo. 10-3-0 in their last 13.

10.9 SH%, 0.940 SV% over that span.

And out-shot 415-276.

Fear not, the rebound is coming!

Edited by TrueBluePhD

And out-shot 415-276.

I hope you are right :(

Edited by BRAWNDO

How could he not be right? We've been playing mostly at home and our team is a match up nightmare on the road. Just enjoy the wins while they last.

I am enjoying them, but I am also thinking about the long term results this winning streak could have on the future namely McEichel, Hanifin, Strome, Marner, Zacha or Barzal never wearing a Sabres Sweater.

I'm not sure which of the FOUR tank threads to post this in; I'll try this one. I think Mike Harrington has it right; the tank was LAST year:

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington 9h9 hours ago

@TheMikeStraw Yep. Traded goalie and captain, finished 2-16-2. Had scrubs on team. Drafted No. 2. Got their guy. That was the tank.

The Sabres aren't interested in winning the CHL this year.

I'm not sure which of the FOUR tank threads to post this in; I'll try this one. I think Mike Harrington has it right; the tank was LAST year:

@TheMikeStraw Yep. Traded goalie and captain, finished 2-16-2. Had scrubs on team. Drafted No. 2. Got their guy. That was the tank.

If you ever find yourself agreeing with Mike Harrington, it's time to re-engage your position :P

And out-shot 415-276.

Nonsense. We're breaking out of the CHL, right into the NHL and making the playoffs!

As long as it includes every post you have ever made, and every post you will make, involving the names "Terry, Pegula, and Battista" then I'm all in favor.

I'll consider it. Let me send this over to my staff. It'll have to go to legal and corporate as well. I keep all "Terry Pegula"s, right?

Not being snarky. I know my reputation precedes me. But has the bolded been your position all along? If so, good for you. Not many have espoused this. Maybe it has been sitting there all along and no one wanted to read the tea leaves right. Rob has been one of the few to interpret Gorges-Gionta-Moulson as actually trying to win vs. trying to keep up appearances. I've wondered why Ted Nolan if you're trying to tank.

The one head-scratcher remains the Otters game in Buffalo. It came off as, "Yeah, you're suffering, fans. But here is why." Is there any other plausible reason that game was held in Buffalo?