Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

The "B+" characterization seems specious. One persons B+ could be another's A or another's C. Without knowing who, that seems to be a leap.

Not that difficult to believe really. In deals Murray may ask for who he views to be a B+ and teams may offer who they view to be one. If they're the same guy a deal gets done.

Thanks to the eye of @ajuriga sounds like Vasilevskiy being assigned to Syracuse as he was spotted at airport heading to upstate New York

He is the only backup behind Bishop. Let the rumors run wild!!

Then again they are off until Friday, maybe they want he to get some work it in Syracuse

Edited by BRAWNDO

Thanks to the eye of @ajuriga sounds like Vasilevskiy being assigned to Syracuse as he was spotted at airport heading to upstate New York

He is the only backup behind Bishop. Let the rumors run wild!!

Then again they are off until Friday, maybe they want he to get some work it in Syracuse

Tampa signed Allen York to a two-way deal, announced yesterday.

HF indicates that Vasilevsky has more upside than Subban, but at a greater risk.  Taken 19th overall in 2012.  6'3", 203lbs, V is under contract for two more years.  He put up 2.46GAA and 0.912 in 10 games with TBL this year.

Edited by Я знаю физика

What I meant was that quote said "in one negotiation." Team a can call and gmtm says I want player x while team b calls and he says i want your x round pick. Saying the value is fixed is inartful at a minimum. I think it depends on who is asking and what they have that the gm wants. Other than a gutted carcass of a roster to finish the season.

Per Friedman The Sharks are ready to move on without Niemi and their goaltending behind him isn't the greatest. their GM is looking for a goalie with term, but would Neuvirth be enough to entice them?

Well if their GM is looking for a goalie with term obviously not... But they probably aren't going to get a goalie with term this late in the game.

Per Friedman The Sharks are ready to move on without Niemi and their goaltending behind him isn't the greatest. their GM is looking for a goalie with term, but would Neuvirth be enough to entice them?

Has niemi been that bad ? Or is his contract to big ? 

Because he is the #1 UFA goalie in the offseason and we need one.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/top-nhl-trade-deadline-2015-rental-players/

Has Neuvirth on the list with Philly and both NY teams as the interested parties.

Has Stewart there with Chicago, Boston, Calgary, NY Islanders and Nashville interested.

Out of those I hope to see him with the Hawks or Preds

The tank getting attention on Vancouver sports radio.

TSN afternoon guys were having a little fun, but they guaranteed Neuvirth trade. Said a free agent goalie with no cap hit playing that well should interest any playoff team and said there is is no way Murray will let him ruin the tank.

Also lots of debate about whether or not Markstrom starts against us tomorrow. One side says they are desperate for wins, Buffalo should be a certain win, why risk it with the back-up? The other side says what easier team to give him some time against?

TM said today that he will explore possibly signing Neuvirth AFTER the trade deadline. There won't be an attempt to sign first.

Probably doesn't want to poison the well of what he might get for him. If other GM's believe that Neuvirth will definitely be back in Buffalo next year, his value as trade bait drops.

I'd be very surprised if they don't know how much he'd want to come back. Could easily see him the opening day starter next season.

Probably doesn't want to poison the well of what he might get for him. If other GM's believe that Neuvirth will definitely be back in Buffalo next year, his value as trade bait drops.

I'd be very surprised if they don't know how much he'd want to come back. Could easily see him the opening day starter next season.

I think you've got it backwards: If he signed a new contract, trading him would include trading the whole contract (he would no longer be a "rental").

Also lots of debate about whether or not Markstrom starts against us tomorrow. One side says they are desperate for wins, Buffalo should be a certain win, why risk it with the back-up? The other side says what easier team to give him some time against?

They would probably watch a tape of the Nashville-Buffalo game.

I think you've got it backwards: If he signed a new contract, trading him would include trading the whole contract (he would no longer be a "rental").

They would probably watch a tape of the Nashville-Buffalo game.

If he signed a contract and then they traded him, they couldn't get him back for free for at least 1 season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they try to pull a Tkachuk (or since it's the Sabres, should it be called a Moulson ;)) and get assets for him now and then get him back in ~5 months.

If another GM trades for him, one would expect that in most circumstances, that GM would like to at least attempt to re-sign him after the trade deadline. (Like Goose w/ Nashville) If there is no pissibility of a deal, then Neuvirth is a true rental and would command less in return than more of a "rent to own" sort of deal.

So let me get this straight....

The Kings D is Regehr, McBain, McNabb, and now Sekera?

So while we're trying to build a team by LA-formula they are picking up all off our defensemen... Are they tanking? Or are they trying to follow our ex-formula? Either way it's a strange circle. Edited by Dannepanne

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.