Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Again, I don't understand the argument that he would not also be in the top four on other teams. He's well within the scoring range and his numbers reflect that if anything he'd be even more solid in a top four role on a team that isn't the Sabres.

He's almost definitely a top four defenseman on a team that actually has an offense.

FWIW, I'm with you on this.

Even with any other team, they would have had to make a decision to keep him on the NHL roster or risk him going to the K (ultimately). I think most teams would have given him a shot because he was/is physically ready. The Sabres aren't a special case, here.

So, given what's going on around him, he's doing pretty well. Imagining if he were on a team like Pittsburg, or Chicago, goodness, he might be on the second or third pairing, but he'd probably be getting as many, if not more, points.

Again, I don't understand the argument that he would not also be in the top four on other teams. He's well within the scoring range and his numbers reflect that if anything he'd be even more solid in a top four role on a team that isn't the Sabres.

He's almost definitely a top four defenseman on a team that actually has an offense.

He wouldn't be a top-4 on most other teams because his overall game isn't up to snuff. Coverages and play recognition just aren't there yet. His point total is a result of him getting opportunities he wouldn't get elsewhere due to his aforementioned weaknesses. None of this is a reflection of his long term prospects, but he has struggled mightily this year and I don't see how any team that isn't one of the worst in decades would be rolling him out in their top-4.

This argument holds no water. Yes, the Sabres were forced to keep him with the team. But they didn't just give him his spot. He established himself in that role. They could easily plug that hole, as you're suggesting his role is labeled, with any number of journeyman defenders. Instead they've chosen not to. And the numbers suggest his placement, maybe just barely, fits.

He's a top four defender.

You think he beats out Pysyk next year in training camp?   I don't.  

Zadorov is still only 19.   He's playing OK because he can keep up physically, but his game is mistake prone and lackadaisical at times.    He'll be much better off having a longer leash in the AHL, playing 30min a game, PP and PK, instead of getting 15-20min/game in the NHL.   Pysyk will be well seasoned and I expect him to have a big role with the Sabres next season.    I expect McCabe to be more NHL ready by then as well... maybe even Ruhwedel.    

That said, with all the wheeling and dealing that's around the corner and probably at draft time, all bets are off! 

FWIW, I'm with you on this.

Even with any other team, they would have had to make a decision to keep him on the NHL roster or risk him going to the K (ultimately). I think most teams would have given him a shot because he was/is physically ready. The Sabres aren't a special case, here.

So, given what's going on around him, he's doing pretty well. Imagining if he were on a team like Pittsburg, or Chicago, goodness, he might be on the second or third pairing, but he'd probably be getting as many, if not more, points.

He could plug right into Ryan Ellis' spot on the Predators and we'd be talking about trying to trade for him.

He wouldn't be a top-4 on most other teams because his overall game isn't up to snuff. Coverages and play recognition just aren't there yet. His point total is a result of him getting opportunities he wouldn't get elsewhere due to his aforementioned weaknesses. None of this is a reflection of his long term prospects, but he has struggled mightily this year and I don't see how any team that isn't one of the worst in decades would be rolling him out in their top-4.

Again, go look at the numbers and see where he compares. Outside his plus minus which is essentially a throwaway stat for Sabres defenders this year your argument continues to be based on pretty much nothing.

You think he beats out Pysyk next year in training camp? I don't.

Zadorov is still only 19. He's playing OK because he can keep up physically, but his game is mistake prone and lackadaisical at times. He'll be much better off having a longer leash in the AHL, playing 30min a game, PP and PK, instead of getting 15-20min/game in the NHL. Pysyk will be well seasoned and I expect him to have a big role with the Sabres next season. I expect McCabe to be more NHL ready by then as well... maybe even Ruhwedel.

That said, with all the wheeling and dealing that's around the corner and probably at draft time, all bets are off!

I expect he isn't even competing for a roster spot with Pysyk. And if they trade Myers it will be moot.

I don't mean he can't play, I just mean he never would have got the chance.

It's because NHL coaches are conservative and NHL GMs are cautious.

The coach would be scared of his rawness and his potential for big mistakes and the GM would want to save a year on his contact and want him to pay his dues.

Edited by dudacek

I'm with you on this, i can't see him spending time in the AHL next year, not like Murray will pull 4 NHL ready d-men that are better than him out of his hat in the summer.

Edited by Heimdall

Zadorov is fine.  I can't remember the last time I watched a 19yr old kid play the minutes he does and make the mistakes he does and just continually improve and bounce back. He learns from every mistake and he never hangs his head.  Zadorov is going to be what we all want Myers to be... Physical, Point Producing, Beast Defender, just have patients for another couple years while he grows into that.  His offensive game is already much accelerated his assist on the Zemgus goal last week was impressive to say the least, he held that puck until the hole opened and he put it right on Zemgus' stick.  Have faith that Zadorov can handle it and have faith that Risto too will get better. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Zadorov is fine. I can't remember the last time I watched a 19yr old kid play the minutes he does and make the mistakes he does and just continually improve and bounce back. He learns from every mistake and he never hangs his head. Zadorov is going to be what we all want Myers to be... Physical, Point Producing, Beast Defender, just have patients for another couple years while he grows into that. His offensive game is already much accelerated his assist on the Zemgus goal last week was impressive to say the least, he held that puck until the hole opened and he put it right on Zemgus' stick. Have faith that Zadorov can handle it and have faith that Risto too will get better.

Sabres Twitter helping me out today:

@BuffaloSabres: Zadorov now has at least 1pt in each of his past 5 games. Last #Sabres D-man to accomplish that as a rookie? Tyler Myers (2010). #OTTvsBUF

The fancy stats in no way, shape, or form help my side of the argument :lol:

Bazoople!

On the Kane front, the price according to Winnipeg reporters is a first, a good prospect and a younger NHL player.

So some combination of

the NYI, or STL first

a non-roster prospect not named Reinhart

And Neuvirth, Enroth, Ennis, Hodgson, Foligno, or Deslauriers

I'm starting to think we are going to be able make this deal.

On the Kane front, the price according to Winnipeg reporters is a first, a good prospect and a younger NHL player.

So some combination of

the NYI, or STL first

a non-roster prospect not named Reinhart

And Neuvirth, Enroth, Ennis, Hodgson, Foligno, or Deslauriers

I'm starting to think we are going to be able make this deal.

I think he ends up in LA. It's where all locker room cancers go to win Cups.

If that's the price for him and his medical bills I'll pass

I think if Murray wants him, he will pay that price.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the Fasching deal, but I think Murray has no problem getting aggressive for a guy he wants.

It might not be this one, but I fully expect him to make a trade soon that Darcy never would and one that we might have trouble swallowing.

Yeh me too, there are other guys out there with as much talent but better teamates worth that list. dont need another Marshawn Lynch

Except they aren't available right now. We wanted an aggressive GM and I think we are going to see one in action.

I think if Murray wants him, he will pay that price.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the Fasching deal, but I think Murray has no problem getting aggressive for a guy he wants.

It might not be this one, but I fully expect him to make a trade soon that Darcy never would and one that we might have trouble swallowing.

Except they aren't available right now. We wanted an aggressive GM and I think we are going to see one in action.

we'll see him at the draft, when he knows if he has #1 #2 #3 pick.

So why isn't Zadorov playing on the third pair?

For the same reason Torrey Mitchell is a top 6 center and Girgensons is a top line center. We don't have anyone else better/ready at the moment. I really like Zadorov and I absolutely love his potential but on most other teams in the league he would not be in the top 4 this season even though he's holding his own on the worst team in the league.

Edited by Drunkard

Yeh me too, there are other guys out there with as much talent but better teamates worth that list. dont need another Marshawn Lynch

I'm sure the Seahawks are just devastated they have locker room obliterator Lynch :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I care that his teammates hate him, but the negative reference to Lynch is absurd.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.