Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

If you trade Myers we are no longer deep on defense and you would need someone to come back and play his minutes. 

Ennis produces points at Kane's rate without his drama so... No.  I would not trade Ennis plus for questionable Kane.

I would be very confident that Kane produces WAY more than Ennis if you give him the top center on the way as well as either Moulson/FA. Kane has more potential and I don't give a crap what this kid does with his money. Build a freaking winner, not a team of mr nice guys.

Ducks fans are right.  Fowler is better than Myers.  And, a deal like that when the team (Ducks) is at the top of the standings is risky.

My guess: if Myers is moved it'll be to the Kings.  They need immediate defense help and have goaltending and forward depth to send our way.

What Goaltending depth for the kings are you thinking of?

I would be very confident that Kane produces WAY more than Ennis if you give him the top center on the way as well as either Moulson/FA. Kane has more potential and I don't give a crap what this kid does with his money. Build a freaking winner, not a team of mr nice guys.

You should care that he is bad in the room and players do not like him. 

He is not going to be moved until the Jets can get what they perceive as full value. That won't happen until the offseason. 

Edited by Patty16

I don't give a about Kane's money but he has 1 30 goal season an the rest are in the  teens.  Add to that he doesn't seem to play full seasons because of injury and the fact he is currently out fo 4-6months and well Ennis straight up for Kane would be 1 thing but I sure as hell am not adding to that deal.  

I'll get shot for this but I would rather have Fowler than Myers. Maybe Fowler's consistency is due to being on a better team, but I get tired of waiting for Myers to be anything but inconsistent and sometimes seeming to have a terrible hockey IQ.

I want to love Myers, but he's frustrating.

I'll get shot for this but I would rather have Fowler than Myers. Maybe Fowler's consistency is due to being on a better team, but I get tired of waiting for Myers to be anything but inconsistent and sometimes seeming to have a terrible hockey IQ.

Nope, give me Fowler and I will walk away a happy man.  I'm not sure what upsets me more about Myers, his average/below average play spotted by excellence, or the legions of apologists who refuse to see that their is nothing more you are ever going to get out of him.

Fowler is a good looking young player.  He is better than Myers with the puck on his stick IMHO.  And, his defensive game is much improved over the past year or two.  Not as good on the PK as Myers.  Better on the PP.

I'd make the move, but I'm not a huge Myers fans.

Looking at Anaheim's cap numbers I think it more likely that Vatanen or Lindholm get moved.  Those two will be getting raises in another year versus Fowler who is signed for less than Myers until 2018. 

From a cap hit perspective that makes sense but from what I've read on the Ducks boards and prospect write-ups Vatanen and Lindholm are almost both untouchable at this point.  Vatanen has put up big numbers and is averaging well over 20 min per night.  I don't think there's any chance we pry him out.

I didn't realize the Ducks have three guys 23 or under that look to be future (current?) studs on the back end.  They look to be set up for years back there.

Edited by Derrico

Nope, give me Fowler and I will walk away a happy man.  I'm not sure what upsets me more about Myers, his average/below average play spotted by excellence, or the legions of apologists who refuse to see that their is nothing more you are ever going to get out of him.

He's 25, lots of really great NHL Dmen were still finding their footing at 25.   That said, I wouldn't mind moving him, 

Opinions about Myers are all over the map.  Some folks see him as the next superstar.  Some see him as a complete liability.  And, all sorts of opinions in between.  Honestly, I've never seen a player who polarizes our fan base as much as Myers does.

Miller was pretty polarizing back when the team was actually decent/good.

Opinions about Myers are all over the map.  Some folks see him as the next superstar.  Some see him as a complete liability.  And, all sorts of opinions in between.  Honestly, I've never seen a player who polarizes our fan base as much as Myers does.

There has been nobody who sticks out so much physically and has been so varied in his game over so long a period of time.

Except for quarterbacking the power play, at some time in his career he has shown me every skill — offensively and defensively — an elite defence man should have. 

The trouble is he has never shown me all those skills at the same time, and he has also gone through some maddening bouts of bad decisions, soft-play, turnovers and awkwardness that make me wonder if I'd imagined what I saw before.

We've all seen this stuff and some elements of it stick with some of us and others elements with others.

And it means we all seem to watch him and judge him through very different expectations and filters.

Most of us made a call on who we think he is a long time ago, but the truth is he's been a different player virtually every season of his career. 

Edited by dudacek

Did the morning GR people just say they would trade Myers, Foligno & the Blues #1 for E. Kane?

I think Jeremy did, but he's willing to trade anything for anything just to make a trade. 

I'm less worried about E Kane's off the ice antics than I am about his locker room issues.  Breaking team rules and bailing on your teammates isn't the type of player that brings a room together.

Yep, it was Jeremy.  He's pretty good so I'll allow him the occasional brainfart.

You should care that he is bad in the room and players do not like him. 

He is not going to be moved until the Jets can get what they perceive as full value. That won't happen until the offseason. 

Didn't Philly have that same problem and a new setting pretty much fixed that one nicely.

Looking at Anaheim's cap numbers I think it more likely that Vatanen or Lindholm get moved. Those two will be getting raises in another year versus Fowler who is signed for less than Myers until 2018.

If cap was all that mattered, sure. But that's like saying that the Avs are more likely to give us McKinnon than Talbot because MacKinnon has a more manageable number that will shoot up in the coming years.

Edited by Tank

Yep, it was Jeremy.  He's pretty good so I'll allow him the occasional brainfar

Didn't Philly have that same problem and a new setting pretty much fixed that one nicely.

Who was it in Philly- not disagreeing just don't recall

Yep, it was Jeremy.  He's pretty good so I'll allow him the occasional brainfart.

I have a different opinion of him.  If you listen frequently he does this too much. 

If cap was all that mattered, sure. But that's like saying that the Avs are more likely to give us McKinnon than Talbot because MacKinnon has a more manageable number that will shoot up in the coming years.

No it isn't.  It is looking at them possibly believing they would lose 1 of the 3 under 24 defenders they have on the roster due to possible raises. They then say we can get a replacement who is locked up long term already, below what we think we would need to pay these guys.  It is looking ahead and deciding where and when you want to make a move.  You are using hyperbole to distort the thought.

One of these times I'm going to click on here and there will be an actual trade.  With all of the sellers this deadline I would love to see Tim come out and 'set the market' (remember those constant Darcy phrases?)  For tank purposes and actual return purposes I think selling some guys now rather than a month from now is the prudent move.

One of these times I'm going to click on here and there will be an actual trade.  With all of the sellers this deadline I would love to see Tim come out and 'set the market' (remember those constant Darcy phrases?)  For tank purposes and actual return purposes I think selling some guys now rather than a month from now is the prudent move.

He did that last year with the Miller trade. He jumped the market and in turn really set pricing. 

It's refreshing to know that we now have a GM who is willing to pull the trigger on a move at any time.  Year after year of petrified prevention-focused Darcy got frustrating.

You mean like last year's early trade of Vanek to the Islanders? Maybe last year was more about the team in general as opposed to setting/waiting for the market to set.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.