GDT: Columbus vs Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

I am so sick of this. Tank, McEichle, lottery picks, blah blah blah. This is what a once proud franchise has resorted to. We are better than this.

And please spare me with the"its better then mediocrity and first round exits". No its not. 2 1/2 years AT LEAST of this ###### IS NOT better than looking forward to opening night and enjoying 7+ months of meaningful hockey.

Hoping that at the end of 6 months we are in last or second to last place is embarrassing to both the franchise and the fans.

This won't be a nightly rant. I won't be watching that long. Getting to the point i could care less what happens next June, next year, or 5 years from now. I lost my passion for the Bills awhile ago. Feel it happening with this joke as well.

I have to say, if this season resembles this game at all, it's gonna suck just as bad as last year. I knew they were one of the worst teams but wow, is it freaking boring as hell in that arena.

Hodgson and Foligno both suck while Myers had a great game. When this team does get McDavid or Eichel, they are still going to be years away. Are there ANY playmakers on the team/farm? I'm serious, other than my kid getting on the jumbotron a few times, it's torture in there.

I have to say, if this season resembles this game at all, it's gonna suck just as bad as last year. I knew they were one of the worst teams but wow, is it freaking boring as hell in that arena.

Hodgson and Foligno both suck while Myers had a great game. When this team does get McDavid or Eichel, they are still going to be years away. Are there ANY playmakers on the team/farm? I'm serious, other than my kid getting on the jumbotron a few times, it's torture in there.

15 hits, 20 shots, 1 goal. What a surprise the arena was dead.

Good healthy rant there, imo, FLA. I agree with what Promo said. I'm not going to rant much about the losses, but I'm interested in seeing how much fortitude the pro-tank folks will have this season. It's going to take some real stick-to-it-iveness to stay positive about the losses. It will be interesting to see how Jeremy White on WGR handles the results, given his assumptions.

15 hits, 20 shots, 1 goal. What a surprise the arena was dead.

I keep hearing coaches and gm say they want teams to have a tough night when coming to Buffalo. I know they will barely ever win but there is ZERO evidence of teams not imposing their will on us. Non stop odd man rushes against us and no offense for us. When will THAT change?

I keep hearing coaches and gm say they want teams to have a tough night when coming to Buffalo. I know they will barely ever win but there is ZERO evidence of teams not imposing their will on us. Non stop odd man rushes against us and no offense for us. When will THAT change?

Probably once there's talent on the roster.

I thought there would be more pro tankers. Guess I'm one of the few in good spirits with the result.

Flames and oil tied after 2. A three point game there would help.

Call me a terrible fan or whatever you want to. After seeing our offense yet again tonight I'm all in on Mcdavid. Tired of not having a superstar in this city.

I thought there would be more pro tankers. Guess I'm one of the few in good spirits with the result.

Call me a terrible fan or whatever you want to. After seeing our offense yet again tonight I'm all in on Mcdavid. Tired of not having a superstar in this city.

Right there with you. Ill just try to do it in a fair way for those who don't want to hear it too much.

Though I am pro-tank can these idiot reporters stop asking the players about it? Jesus that ###### is stupid.

This is about where I'm at. Only I won't mention that thing that rhymes with rank on a GDT out of respect to the non ( the thing that rhymes with wankers ) who prolly just don't care to hear about it. And I agree with Tankalicious about the reporters. Idiots. Everybody knows you don't stank on purpose.

I don't care that they lost, I care that this team is STILL boring as hell and that stings for us season ticket holders. Can they at least hit?

This is about where I'm at. Only I won't mention that thing that rhymes with rank on a GDT out of respect to the non ( the thing that rhymes with wankers ) who prolly just don't care to hear about it. And I agree with Tankalicious about the reporters. Idiots. Everybody knows you don't stank on purpose.

Exactly. And what are these guys supposed to say? "Yea, we hope that we get one of the supremely talented guys that will probably take my job."

Completely agree with you guys regarding the media discussing it with players. However when nucci and some others strongly state their opinions of what they think of pro tankers then I don't feel so bad bringing it up. I guess I'll try keeping this taboo topic out of gdt. Last word is I hope some that don't believe in the tank realize that pro tankers are not bad fans and want what you ultimately want, a stanly cup in buffalo.

Sometimes you show your age. Not even going to bother wasting my time.

I know the areas in time you're going for. But why is this team/franchise not proud now?

The only time this cliche works, in my opinion, is when something like true organizational disfunction happen. I'm not talking just sucking really bad. I'm talking your best player gets arrested for beating his wife or a player gets high before driving and kills somebody.

A tear down for the purpose of completely restarting isn't prideless. It doesn't devalue the franchise. It just sucks for those who want to see a competitive team at all times.

I know the areas in time you're going for. But why is this team/franchise not proud now?

The only time this cliche works, in my opinion, is when something like true organizational disfunction happen. I'm not talking just sucking really bad. I'm talking your best player gets arrested for beating his wife or a player gets high before driving and kills somebody.

A tear down for the purpose of completely restarting isn't prideless. It doesn't devalue the franchise. It just sucks for those who want to see a competitive team at all times.

As a professional sports franchise that makes A LOT of money and charges A LOT of money to watch it they owe more to the fans.

Every year the goal should be to put the best possible product on the ice. Cups are won with luck, the right blend of players, staying healthy, and usually getting hot in the playoffs.

If it was as easy as shitting the bed for a few years to get some top picks then every year a few teams would tank a then amazingly those same teams would be playing for the Cup a few years later. It is not how it works and many of you are so damn Cup deranged that you will hang your hat on anything that gives you hope. This team sucks. It has sucked for a long time. Odds are it will suck for a lot longer. Maybe in 3 years I will look back and say it was worth it.

I sure as hell hope so because this is no fun for anyone. Pro Tank or not.

Edited by sicknfla

You all realize we will still bad for a couple of years more, McEichel or not?

1 more (or 2, if you count this year still) is my guess. IF we land either of them, I think we'll be pretty good in their sophomore season. On the bright side, watching a truly elite talent would be fun as hell even if the team wasn't the best.

...or beats his wife for years and then kills her and her boyfriend?

Separately: I can empathize with Callaway, 11 and everyone else who's been spending lots of cash on season tickets. It's hard to avoid the conclusion that there are going to be a lot of losses this year like tonight's -- i.e. the Sabres score 2 or fewer goals, with shots in the low 20s and long stretches of posing no threat,

However, I must say that I enjoyed tonight's game and saw quite a few encouraging signs.

In particular:

- Enroth played very well UNTIL he gave up the 3rd goal, which was a softie and ended the game with 4 minutes to go.

- The team came out pretty fired up and played well in the 1st period. The territorial play and shots in the 1st were a bit skewed due to 3 Columbus PPs.

- Columbus dominated the 2nd until Zemgus' goal, which was a beauty (and I must credit GCOE for pointing out that Zemgus has this in him). But from that goal until Enroth gave up #3, the game was pretty close and pretty exciting, with a good number of chances for each team.

- That was indeed a terrible penalty that Gionta took. It was 1-1 in the 3rd and the Sabres were playing well, had momentum and were on the PP.

- Just when I was mentally starting to complain about the Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta line, they turned it on in the 3rd -- especially Hodgson -- and created quite a bit of offense.

- Having said that, if that's what Reinhart's going to look like, they should send him back to juniors.

- I also thought Stewart-Zemgus-Foligno got better as the game went on and was pretty effective in the 3rd.

- I liked what I saw out of Benoit-Meszaros until they both screwed up on Columbus' 2nd goal.

- Good games by Myers and Gorges and a quiet but solid game out of Risto.

- And I'd like to hear a few others (aside from dudacek) give Weber some credit too. There's a thin blue line, gentlemen, that safeguards us from chaos, and it ain't perfect, but it deserves a bit more respect than it's been getting.

- Stafford made a few nice plays on the backcheck.

- All in all: Maybe I'm just psyched to have hockey back and some new faces on the team, but I'm watching the next game and still looking forward to it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.