Pre Season GDT - Buffalo @ Carolina 7pm

LGR4GM

post-2716-0-75638600-1412339996_thumb.jpg

Buffalo Sabres @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7pm est. WGR 550am Radio

This will mark the 2nd preseason meeting between these two teams. During the first contest the Sabres won 2-0 on a stellar 35 Save shutout by Jhonas Enroth. Drew Stafford and Tyler Ennis each had 1g and 1a for the Sabres in the win. During that game Canes center Jordan Staal was injured (Broken Leg) and Mark Pysyk the rising Buffalo Sabres defender was also injured (Upper Body). Pysyk is expected to miss another week or so of action but has been skating on his own.

The Goaltending matchup for tonight is believed to Michael Nuevirth versus either Khudobin or Ward. The prevailing theory is that it will be Ward as Khudobin played in Columbus on Wednesday.

Mikhail Grigorenko will be in the lineup when "Buffalo heads into its final preseason game tonight in Carolina (7 p.m., Radio 550 AM) having used 37 skaters, and 25 have played multiple games. The inclusion has increased camaraderie and made the players feel like they were given a fair opportunity.

“You see a difference in attitude with everybody,” General Manager Tim Murray said. “You see more competition. You see the competition looks to be on merit and not based on who drafted who where and when. The players have more belief in us, and we’re headed in the right direction.

http://www.buffalone...rce=twitterfeed

Grigorenko and Cody Hodgson have formed a friendship and are looking forward to the future.

"He’s been Cody Hodgson’s neighbor for all of training camp. Its easy to see their instant chemistry both off and on the ice. CoHo set up Grigo for his beautiful goal in Toronto on Sunday night. Grigo has been repaying the favor ever since by hitting CoHo on the tape.

Grigo, CoHo and Jake McCabe nearly scored on a well executed 3-on-1 breakaway on Wednesday night. Grigo told me that he was bummed because he was raedy for McCabe’s one-timer. He wanted badly to score on that play. It didn’t happen , however, the two buds laughed about it in the room after the game."

http://www.hockeybuz...arriers/6/62721

Edited by LGR4GM

The final pre-season game before the tank gets rolling.

I'm looking forward to checking out Samson in person tonight, but I'm out for the traditional Carolina game debauchery as I'll be bringing my kids with me to the game tonight.

Let's Go Buffalo

Ahh Liger beat me to it..

Edited by Claude_Verret

The final pre-season game before the tank gets rolling.

I'm looking forward to checking out Samson in person tonight, but I'm out for the traditional Carolina game debauchery as I'll be bringing my kids with me to the game tonight.

Let's Go Buffalo

Ahh Liger beat me to it..

If you see dumbass looking guy in a Sabres jersey with his wife and 4 year old son, that's my brother.

If you see dumbass looking guy in a Sabres jersey with his wife and 4 year old son, that's my brother.

i'll keep a lookout. I'll be there with my neighbor and his kids and we should be easy to spot..he and his two girls in Canes gear and myself and my son and daughter in mostly Buffalo gear. My son told me this morning that he wasn't sure yet if he was going to wear Sabres colors or canes or both tonight.

I'm planning on going to the game, but literally every Sabres fan I know is out of town or has to work. I have a crew as usual for the game on October 14 but the drive from Greensboro to Raleigh for a pre-season game is a tough sell for those who don't visit every Sabres fan site every day.

I was originally gonna go to this game but my buddy who was gonna buy the tickets said it fell through. Apparently he wanted to experience the Chet and Muffy experience in the 200's and he found tickets for like $20 each but the guy contacted him and said it was an error in his price listing. It's probably all for the best though. $10+ beers for a preseason game is a little to rich for my budget these days anyway.

I've said numerous times last year during GDT i wanted to see Hodgson on Grigorenko's wing.

Granted he may not have been ready for it last year , but this could be our future 2nd line.

And the Garth blog about Mikhail Grigorenko and Tyler Ennis was very well written, wich was surprising.

Edited by Heimdall

i'll keep a lookout. I'll be there with my neighbor and his kids and we should be easy to spot..he and his two girls in Canes gear and myself and my son and daughter in mostly Buffalo gear. My son told me this morning that he wasn't sure yet if he was going to wear Sabres colors or canes or both tonight.

And you told him that you're not sure if he's sleeping on the sidewalk tonight or not.

I hate that the comments coming out of the locker room, which are showing up in the on ice product, is that players weren't being allowed to just "play their game".

It's one of the biggest fundamentals in building a hockey team. You put guys together who's games complement one another. You let each guy do what he does best.

The last 7 years of Sabres hockey has felt forced and inorganic. And I have a feeling it was a direct result of Darcy assembling a team that was ignorant of each players individual game. Play the system. Forget your "style". Become a robot.

###### THAT.

I hate that the comments coming out of the locker room, which are showing up in the on ice product, is that players weren't being allowed to just "play their game".

It's one of the biggest fundamentals in building a hockey team. You put guys together who's games complement one another. You let each guy do what he does best.

The last 7 years of Sabres hockey has felt forced and inorganic. And I have a feeling it was a direct result of Darcy assembling a team that was ignorant of each players individual game. Play the system. Forget your "style". Become a robot.

###### THAT.

But, but, analytics...! :ph34r:

And you told him that you're not sure if he's sleeping on the sidewalk tonight or not.

Not sure if I've told this story before, but during the Philly series in 2011, as one of the games slipped away from the team, my son (3 years old at the time) announced he was going to be a Flyers fan for the rest of the game.

I looked him right in the eyes and said, "That's fine, LittleCaseofEmotion, you can root for whatever team you want, that's your choice to make. But," as I stood up, walked over, and opened the front door, "you're going to have to find somewhere else to live."

He looked at me stunned for a second, and then looked over to my wife, who absolutely NEVER plays along when I'm messing with the kids. She looked right at him and says, "Sorry, he's right."

little guy looked at the front door and burst into the biggest, saddest tears you've ever seen.

I have never loved my wife more than in that moment.

Not sure if I've told this story before, but during the Philly series in 2011, as one of the games slipped away from the team, my son (3 years old at the time) announced he was going to be a Flyers fan for the rest of the game.

I looked him right in the eyes and said, "That's fine, LittleCaseofEmotion, you can root for whatever team you want, that's your choice to make. But," as I stood up, walked over, and opened the front door, "you're going to have to find somewhere else to live."

He looked at me stunned for a second, and then looked over to my wife, who absolutely NEVER plays along when I'm messing with the kids. She looked right at him and says, "Sorry, he's right."

little guy looked at the front door and burst into the biggest, saddest tears you've ever seen.

:w00t: :clapping:

###### THAT.

Wasn't there just an article somewhere in the last two days about Nolan's new system? It gave me hope. All good coaches use systems.

That's awesome and I'd absolutely do the same if I still lived in WNY, but since my son was born and raised here I'd be a hypocrite if I pressured him to root for the Sabres. He's just conflicted a little right now, but I told him it's fine if he roots for the Canes. My daughter is only 6 and she is still Buffalo all the way....for now.

That's awesome and I'd absolutely do the same if I still lived in WNY, but since my son was born and raised here I'd be a hypocrite if I pressured him to root for the Sabres. He's just conflicted a little right now, but I told him it's fine if he roots for the Canes. My daughter is only 6 and she is still Buffalo all the way....for now.

I'll punt my future newborn baby (no, nothing on the way right now) out the door if my wife's family ever puts Bruins or Patriots clothes on him/her.

###### THAT.

For fair balance.....those teams were trying to win. When a team doesn't have a checking line on the roster, or anyone that can win a face off, you need to press people into those roles, even if it isn't a natural strength. Nolan says play to your strength, and he's not a line-matcher. He just has a strong preference for vets that do those things without being told they have to.

Just got word that I'll be in the Champions Club tonight. My multi-year streak of not paying to go to a Canes game will continue in style!

The last time I had tickets there I was literally the only Sabres fan in the entire club. I caught a lot of flak that game.

Gourmet pizza, pasta, salads, North Carolina BBQ and an open grill await each Lenovo Champions Club ticket holder, and each guest 21 or older will receive four drink vouchers - redeemable for draft beer or house wine at the private, 45-foot, full-service Lenovo Champions Club bar.

Better to be a hypocrite than to have to stare at that toilet bowl logo even more than you already have to. To each his/her own though I guess.

Better to be a hypocrite than to have to stare at that toilet bowl logo even more than you already have to. To each his/her own though I guess.

He's nine and was born and raised here and all his friends like the Canes, I'm not getting in the way of that. That would be akin to my dad trying to force a young Claude into being a Leafs or Bruins fan.

If you're not being a raging hypocrite you're not doing your job as a parent! :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.