GDT: Carolina at Buffalo 7PM Sept 23 Preseason WGR 550 No TV

Brawndo

Grigorenko looks terrible...... Kaleta is in mid season form, enroth very strong... I like the play from Gionta, and the EMS line is clicking well

I haven't seen anything from Samson this game

The last line seems to be reacuring.

Edited by Derrico

Regarding Staal, he had x-rays at FNC but the team won't learn the results until they're on the road. He was on crutches after the game but no boot, brace, or air cast. Hopefully that's a good sign for him.

I don't like to see injuries in preseason, hopefully he'll be ready to go for the season.

EDIT---> Looks like he ended up with a cast after all:

0773fee28970344f7262cb9976ff8ca6_bigger.pngJohn Shannon@JSportsnet 3m

Jordan Staal leaves First Niagara Center on crutches...sporting a cast on his lower leg... it's not a knee injury. Ankle,foot or tendon

Edited by Campy

Regarding Staal, he had x-rays at FNC but the team won't learn the results until they're on the road. He was on crutches after the game but no boot, brace, or air cast. Hopefully that's a good sign for him.

I don't like to see injuries in preseason, hopefully he'll be ready to go for the season.

I especially don't like injuries to teams that might be racing our first round picks to the bottom...

Just got home from the game. I'd like to fill you in with the details, but spent more time getting caught up with old friends versus watching the game closely. Except for the first 10 minutes where the Sabres had some good pressure, and when the 2 goals were scored, the game was pretty boring.

That's all I've got!

...Actually I forgot one thing. The construction workers were still out there at 10PM working on HarborCenter.

Edited by LabattBlue

Just got home from the game. I'd like to fill you in with the details, but spent more time getting caught up with old friends versus watching the game closely. Except for the first 10 minutes where the Sabres had some good pressure, and when the 2 goals were scored, the game was pretty boring.

That's all I've got!

...Actually I forgot one thing. The construction workers were still out there at 10PM working on HarborCenter.

Any estimate on how many people were there?

I don't care where he was picked in the draft. The kid needs to go back to juniors period. If Drouin can go back as the 3rd overall pick then Samson can go back as the 2nd.

Why? Because Drouin did? Two distinct situations. Plenty of camp and 9 regular season games for the professionals to determine his fate.

Why? Because Drouin did? Two distinct situations. Plenty of camp and 9 regular season games for the professionals to determine his fate.

Give him his nine and then send him back with a workout and nutrition plan. See you next summer stronger, bigger, and more mature. Absolutely no point in subjecting this kid to an 82 game beatdown on a team that is going nowhere.

Don't let his draft position change a thing.

The weird thing about the stall incident is that I didn't see a whole lot happen, they were on the end boards near the bench and it looked like a small topple over each other, it wasn't a thundering hit or anything dirty from where I was sitting, then you just saw stall on the ice in a lot of pain. It sucks to get injured in preseason for sure, especially when it's gonna be long term-ish

The weird thing about the stall incident is that I didn't see a whole lot happen, they were on the end boards near the bench and it looked like a small topple over each other, it wasn't a thundering hit or anything dirty from where I was sitting, then you just saw stall on the ice in a lot of pain. It sucks to get injured in preseason for sure, especially when it's gonna be long term-ish

Carolina is suppose to be in the hunt for McDavid some people think. Wonder how this will effect them. I still think Buffalo is going to be better than the analysts pick them to finish. Ted Nolan will get a lot out these guys.

Turmoil in the Shire.

+1 You get an internet point from me :D

Grigorenko looks terrible...... Kaleta is in mid season form, enroth very strong... I like the play from Gionta, and the EMS line is clicking well

I haven't seen anything from Samson this game

All the comments i read about his game today are opposite of what you say :P

Ted Nolan was Quoted, "gregorenko was strong again"

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.