Samsung Galaxy S4

inkman

The problem with all the batteries of smartphones being drained isn't because of bad hardware.

Your batteries are getting drained so fast because of the fact you are being followed.  

For example facebook tracks your every move on your phone and have recently admitted into doing so.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 myself, wich I still use, colleague of mine got into my phone and showed how its tracking my location, wich is the main reason of battery drain.

So basically its the tracking software used by governments and companies like, google and facebook that drain the most out of your battery.  Didn't believe it myself untill he showed me :D

The problem with all the batteries of smartphones being drained isn't because of bad hardware.

Your batteries are getting drained so fast because of the fact you are being followed.  

For example facebook tracks your every move on your phone and have recently admitted into doing so.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 myself, wich I still use, colleague of mine got into my phone and showed how its tracking my location, wich is the main reason of battery drain.

So basically its the tracking software used by governments and companies like, google and facebook that drain the most out of your battery.  Didn't believe it myself untill he showed me :D

Hey, this is the USA, pal. Our government doesn't spy on us or track us.

AndroidCentral.com

I got my first Android this summer.  Took me a day or two to get the hang of it.  My previous phone was a Windows Phone which I though the interface was neato but they just didn't have the apps like Android or iPhone.

That looks like a good site.  Thanks.

So basically its the tracking software used by governments and companies like, google and facebook that drain the most out of your battery. Didn't believe it myself untill he showed me :D

I disable that big brother so my battery will last more than 4 hours

Yea, I don't think I've ever left location tracking on. I turn it on when I need it, then off when I'm done.

Yep. Second word of advice: limit app installs. For instance, the facebook app is nice and all, but eats a bunch of battery and has some unsavory permissions (listening to microphone, etc.). Just use the mobile web site for all but the stuff you really need an app for.

I disable that big brother ###### so my battery will last more than 4 hours

Yea, I don't think I've ever left location tracking on. I turn it on when I need it, then off when I'm done.

Well yeah I got that turned off to, wasn't  talking about the obvious kind of tracking you can switch off.

Seriously I'm no techie, but when he got into my phone and showed me I was like WTF.

And why isn't this used to arrest criminals I asked ? Because its Illegal in court :p

App permissions are patently absurd.

Indeed. Some of the custom roms have methods of blocking individual permissions from apps or asking when used "Do you want Facebook to use the microphone?", but I'd think that'd get annoying at times. I guess in part you should treat your device like all pieces of technology; with a healthy dose of scepticism and being wary of which software you install on it.

• 2 months later...

Soooo I am on a Galaxy S6 Active. Quite the cool phone. The effin keyboard has driven me nuts since my Galaxy S4. The autocorrect has been brutal. Changing normal everyday 3 and 4 letter words into Russian or arabic or some ugly crap. I finally switched to a Google keyboard. What a dream. I recommend this for any old coot that isn't happy with their phone keyboard.

Soooo I am on a Galaxy S6 Active. Quite the cool phone. The effin keyboard has driven me nuts since my Galaxy S4. The autocorrect has been brutal. Changing normal everyday 3 and 4 letter words into Russian or arabic or some ugly crap. I finally switched to a Google keyboard. What a dream. I recommend this for any old coot that isn't happy with their phone keyboard.

I've struggled with the touchscreen keyboard after being reared on a typewriter, then using computer keyboards and a dumb phone with keypads. How would I try this Google keyboard you speak of? Is it an app?

I downloaded the App. I feel like I sold my soul to the devil. I had to give access to my contacts and photos/videos and so forth. Then approved of the permissions Google asked for. Full access to the Internet? What does that even mean? Google can use the keyboard to go online? It also sounds like everything I type is uploaded or saved somewhere. I am going to disable it — unless I really like it. So far, it seems better, but that might just be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Yeah my father in law has a BB. Now that is some old man ######..

:(

NO. IT. ISN'T.

It's running on the latest Android.  The Priv is definitely not your fil's, or any older generation BlackBerry user, BlackBerry.

I downloaded the App. I feel like I sold my soul to the devil. I had to give access to my contacts and photos/videos and so forth. Then approved of the permissions Google asked for. Full access to the Internet? What does that even mean? Google can use the keyboard to go online? It also sounds like everything I type is uploaded or saved somewhere. I am going to disable it — unless I really like it. So far, it seems better, but that might just be a self fulfilling prophecy.

The Google / Android Cult is almost as bad as the Apple Cult.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.