SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

That's a fair argument to make.  I just wonder is it a PPR or non-PPR league?  If it's PPR then you're probably going to be fine but if it's non then I would be worrying about my running backs.  Sure AP may end up being the best RB in Fantasy Football.  But if it's a standard league then I usually like have an RB as my flex and not only do you not have a reliable RB flex but you don't even have a reliable number 2.  Gurley could be a decent RB2 but to me he's still a crap shoot.  He's got great potential but is injured and may not get significant playing time until atleast Week 4 and then you have to consider even then he's stuck in the Rams offense.  To me the opportunity cost of passing on another running back like Chris Ivory, Doug Martin, Stewart or Abdullah (which some or all should have still been available) is too much for me. 

But who knows.  That's the beauty of fantasy football is you can win many different ways and there are no hard and fast rules.  I was just giving you a hard time.  After finishing last season 5-11 I probably don't have any credit in this league to be razing anyone else :flirt:

It's a standard (non-PPR) league. Something I might change next year. I hear ya on the RB situation. Since I had the first overall pick and had to go with a QB and WR with the 20th and 21st picks, I had to wait until #40 before I could address the #2 RB situation. 17 RB's had already been taken by then. That's the problem going first (as you know) you have to take your chances with having three early picks and hope they don't get injured. Haha, you can give me a hard time, I'm still fairly new to this (probably only played in about 6-8 leagues total) so I'm always open to hearing different strategies. And you're right, all four of those RB's were still available.

Thanks, I don't see me making a big run this year. Damn, I got so busy and had out of town work stuff going on. Looks like I'll have to hit the waiver wire hard

Looking at everyone's draft after the fact I was actually surprised how good I thought your team turned out having done it via auto-draft.  I've seen much worse.

I had my other draft last night.  10 team league, standard scoring and I picked 2nd.  Feel free to criticize.

2. Adrian Peterson

19. Demaryius Thomas

22. Randall Cobb

39. Frank Gore

42. Andre Ellington

59. Chris Ivory

62. Doug Martin

79. Tom Brady (should have my Bills fan card removed for this but there was literally no QB1 left)

82. Nelson Agholor

99. Ryan Mathews

102. Charles Johnson

119. Jordan Cameron

122. Danny Woodhead

139. Carolina Panthers DST

142. Steven Hauschka

Looking at everyone's draft after the fact I was actually surprised how good I thought your team turned out having done it via auto-draft. I've seen much worse.

I had my other draft last night. 10 team league, standard scoring and I picked 2nd. Feel free to criticize.

2. Adrian Peterson

19. Demaryius Thomas

22. Randall Cobb

39. Frank Gore

42. Andre Ellington

59. Chris Ivory

62. Doug Martin

79. Tom Brady (should have my Bills fan card removed for this but there was literally no QB1 left)

82. Nelson Agholor

99. Ryan Mathews

102. Charles Johnson

119. Jordan Cameron

122. Danny Woodhead

142. Steven Hauschka

Think Peterson is worth it at 2?

Def lose some points in the bills book for that Brady pick :(

I like Cobb and you're good at RB, you'll need a qb2 for a bye week

Hey, you're way more solid at RB than I am (a position I told myself I wouldn't neglect this year and I kind of did anyway).

Maybe a trade could be facilitated in the future.... Anyone have a link to the online site and login info.... My new phone didn't save the info

Think Peterson is worth it at 2?

Def lose some points in the bills book for that Brady pick :(

I like Cobb and you're good at RB, you'll need a qb2 for a bye week

Maybe a trade could be facilitated in the future.... Anyone have a link to the online site and login info.... My new phone didn't save the info

He's a bit of a risk at 2 but to me he has the largest upside.  I like Bell a bit more, even with the two game suspension, but he was taken at 1.  I thought long and hard between him and Lacy.  I love Lacy and he has a higher floor but Peterson playing with a competent QB and in a Norv Turner offense just has so much potential that I feel he's the right pick.

He's a bit of a risk at 2 but to me he has the largest upside.  I like Bell a bit more, even with the two game suspension, but he was taken at 1.  I thought long and hard between him and Lacy.  I love Lacy and he has a higher floor but Peterson playing with a competent QB and in a Norv Turner offense just has so much potential that I feel he's the right pick.

FWIW, I also took Peterson in the league where I got pick 2.  He's the oldest of the high end RBs, but coming off a year of rest should help a lot.  His career average numbers for fantasy are 16.7 points per game, if I'm doing the math right (+2 for PPR).  Most backs only see numbers like that in their best years, not an average over 100+ games.

FWIW, I also took Peterson in the league where I got pick 2.  He's the oldest of the high end RBs, but coming off a year of rest should help a lot.  His career average numbers for fantasy are 16.7 points per game, if I'm doing the math right (+2 for PPR).  Most backs only see numbers like that in their best years, not an average over 100+ games.

Yep, the guy is superhuman.  I know he's 30 but the guy posted over 2,000 yards a year removed from tearing his ACL a couple of years ago.  If he can come back from a devastating injury that quickly and play that well, I'm not concerned about his age at this point.  Plus he was out of football for mostly all of last season so I'm hoping that saved a years worth of work on his body.

Looking at everyone's draft after the fact I was actually surprised how good I thought your team turned out having done it via auto-draft.  I've seen much worse.

I had my other draft last night.  10 team league, standard scoring and I picked 2nd.  Feel free to criticize.

2. Adrian Peterson

19. Demaryius Thomas

22. Randall Cobb

39. Frank Gore

42. Andre Ellington

59. Chris Ivory

62. Doug Martin

82. Nelson Agholor

99. Ryan Mathews

102. Charles Johnson

119. Jordan Cameron

122. Danny Woodhead

142. Steven Hauschka

Damn, that's nice getting Thomas and Cobb that low. I see you stuck by your word with Ivory and Martin. I think you're pretty well set on RB's. I can't fault you for taking Brady. 

Looking at everyone's draft after the fact I was actually surprised how good I thought your team turned out having done it via auto-draft. I've seen much worse.

I had my other draft last night. 10 team league, standard scoring and I picked 2nd. Feel free to criticize.

2. Adrian Peterson

19. Demaryius Thomas

22. Randall Cobb

39. Frank Gore

42. Andre Ellington

59. Chris Ivory

62. Doug Martin

82. Nelson Agholor

99. Ryan Mathews

102. Charles Johnson

119. Jordan Cameron

122. Danny Woodhead

142. Steven Hauschka

Beats the crap outta your team in the Sabrespace league.

Beats the crap outta your team in the Sabrespace league.

No friggen kidding.  I love the Sabrespace League because it's so damn competitive.  I was able to get Thomas and Cobb fall to me as I think 5 QB went in the first two rounds.  Plus, I find the difference between 10 and 12 team leagues make it much tougher.  I normally do very well in my other league but last year (and the look of my team this year) I'm embarrassing myself in this one :doh:

Damn, that's nice getting Thomas and Cobb that low. I see you stuck by your word with Ivory and Martin. I think you're pretty well set on RB's. I can't fault you for taking Brady. 

Ya, I flat out got lucky there.  Everytime someone took a Drew Brees and Ben Roethlesburger in the early 2nd round my smile got wider.

Last I heard whoever was running it ('nobody' maybe?) isn't running it this year. Hopefully someone steps up. I have to defend my title!

No chance, dude. I'm reclaiming my crown! I took the 2 tank seasons kinda hard, but now that the Sabres are back, Don't Toews Me Bro is back with a vengeance!

The leagues are set up as they were last year so nothing has to change if you don't want it to.  You can go in and tweak any setting you like; like changing the number of roster spots or change a stat category that is used to in the weekly game.  The biggest thing now is getting the people signed up to play and figuring out when to have the draft.  Draft day you have to click a button to get the draft going when it is time.  During the season you'll get a few emails to approve trades.  The biggest thing I always dealt with during the season is keeping an eye on the teams to make sure everyone was still participating.  After a few warnings I would transfer the team to a new person  - usually me :(

Really not that big of a deal except if you have to run 4 teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.