SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

I'm down for 6 point passing TDs and PPR, but I have no desire for keepers.  I'll give up my spot for someone else if that's what the league wants to do.

Not even one keeper?  I think that's the way the league is leaning based on some responses.  Are you sure you want out?  It won't be full keeper league.

I don't like the idea of a keeper either, but I'm not in yet and I don't know from which pool of players I'd be keeping from.

If Juju is out which is seems then you would be in as your next on the list to have requested. 

Since this is the first year of keeper you don't start with any.  We will draft in late August or early September the same as any other draft with nobody starting out with anybody except who you draft.  Then the season will play out and at next years draft you will keep one player off of your current roster that you start with and that player will therefore not re-enter the draft. We will do a normal draft again next season less the 12 players that were selected as their keeper (1 per team).  Make sense?

It seems fair to me that, if I leave, my replacement should be allowed to choose a keeper from my team if they so desire.

How is the draft going to work with 1 keeper? Are all "keepers" going to be taken in the same round, and what round is that?  Perhaps I stay and decide not to keep anyone.  How does that play out with the draft?

It seems fair to me that, if I leave, my replacement should be allowed to choose a keeper from my team if they so desire.

How is the draft going to work with 1 keeper? Are all "keepers" going to be taken in the same round, and what round is that?  Perhaps I stay and decide not to keep anyone.  How does that play out with the draft?

To the top part, that is exactly how it would work.  If any 'owner' wants to leave, the new guy joining would be allowed to keep a player from the outgoing 'owner's' team.

The draft this year will not be impacted by the keeper.  This year, you cannot keep a player from last year since in last years draft those rules weren't established.  Therefore, the draft this year will be the same as a non-keeper draft.  Where it changes is next draft.  I see in nfl.com settings I can have 1 keeper allowed.  As for what round it is in I will have to look into how that works.  I believe there is no option and you have to keep one player.  If there is not a single player on your team you want to keep then a) your team is terrible and b) you would likely have to keep someone and then just drop him after the draft and replace him with someone else.  I'll look into these questions as they are very valid but I'm just not sure. 

I'm assuming instead of a 16 round draft (or whatever it is) it will be a 15 round draft since everyone already has one player on the roster.  I know some leagues assign a value based on where the player was drafted but I doubt that's how this would work.  Again, I'll look it up and let you know.

Ok so I've looked more into the Keeper league rules and this is what I found. 

Based on the default settings, the keeper player is associated with the first round of the draft.  Therefore, you keep a player and you don't have a first round pick.  So we have two options, we can make it so you CAN choose to keep a player if you want and lose a first round pick (if you don't identify anyone then you still get you're first) or we can have it where you HAVE to choose a keeper prior to the draft and therefore everyone will 'lose' a first round pick and then draft will just go as normal starting in the second round.  Any thoughts on which option is better?

Also, since we didn't establish these rules at last years draft I'm starting the league with the keeper setting off.  After the draft I will turn it on so it will apply to next years draft only.  Therefore, nobody can keep any players from last years roster.

Based on the default settings, the keeper player is associated with the first round of the draft.  Therefore, you keep a player and you don't have a first round pick.  So we have two options, we can make it so you CAN choose to keep a player if you want and lose a first round pick (if you don't identify anyone then you still get you're first) or we can have it where you HAVE to choose a keeper prior to the draft and therefore everyone will 'lose' a first round pick and then draft will just go as normal starting in the second round.  Any thoughts on which option is better?

Also, since we didn't establish these rules at last years draft I'm starting the league with the keeper setting off.  After the draft I will turn it on so it will apply to next years draft only.  Therefore, nobody can keep any players from last years roster.

I like the idea of everyone MUST keep a player and then the 2nd round is essentially the first round.  

EDIT: Then again (after some thought) if your best player tears an ACL during training camp or something, and no one else is worth keeping, then that person having a first round pick is a necessity.  I'm fine with the CAN choose option. 

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

I like the idea of everyone MUST keep a player and then the 2nd round is essentially the first round.  

EDIT: Then again (after some thought) if your best player tears an ACL during training camp or something, and no one else is worth keeping, then that person having a first round pick is a necessity.  I'm fine with the CAN choose option. 

I'm on the fence as well.  The you MUST keep a player makes things interesting as well because it forces you to draft well a bit.  If your best player tears ACL then you just have to keep your second best.  I donno....positives about both.

Sounds good. Let's move on.  ;)

Sounds good. Let's move on.  ;)

Fair enough.  I think we've got all the rules down.  It's now just a matter of seeing who is still in and picking a draft date. 

Those that confirmed they are back

Derrico

Inkman

Dennis

JJ

TBP

Wildcard

Juju - Are you still in?

Have not heard from these owners:

Murray's Rats

Glass's Group of Grumpy...

Labatt Blue

Waratahs

I've Got Woody

If the guys listed above still want in then let me know asap.

Wait list includes

Qwk

Neo

DeLuca

So Labatt is out for this year.  Qwk had messaged first looking to join so he is in.  I'll PM you the details to join the league.

Also, Wildcard, are you having trouble joining as I don't think you're in yet?

For rule changes, it appears the majority is against the keeper at this point.  So for this season we will continue with just a seasonal league.  It is now a full PPR league and QB TD's are worth 6.

The NFL season starts one month today.  Any potential draft dates to throw out there?  I've found in the past that week nights usually work out the best.  I'm thinking late August or start of September.

So Labatt is out for this year.  Qwk had messaged first looking to join so he is in.  I'll PM you the details to join the league.

Also, Wildcard, are you having trouble joining as I don't think you're in yet?

For rule changes, it appears the majority is against the keeper at this point.  So for this season we will continue with just a seasonal league.  It is now a full PPR league and QB TD's are worth 6.

The NFL season starts one month today.  Any potential draft dates to throw out there?  I've found in the past that week nights usually work out the best.  I'm thinking late August or start of September.

all sounds good.  In regards to the draft, if it's a week night, as long as it is after 630pm EST, I'm golden.  I don't get home until 545p EST most nights if I'm lucky.

all sounds good.  In regards to the draft, if it's a week night, as long as it is after 630pm EST, I'm golden.  I don't get home until 545p EST most nights if I'm lucky.

Sounds good.  I think last year we had it on a week night around 930 or so.  That way anyone working days will be home and anyone with kids will have them in bed.  Once it gets a bit closer I'll throw out some specific dates. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.