SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

I've got the first overall pick in my other league, starting in 40 minutes. Any ideas?

Peterson has something to prove, Lacy will have a bigger workload with Nelson out, Bell will be nice and healthy after is suspension, A. Brown are C Johnson are just that good, Luck is a no-lose situation................

AP would be my choice. A year off to rest, coming back to a good team with something to prove; he's gonna wreck the league this year

That's what I'm thinking too. RB's seem to be a weaker field than WR's and QB's this year. Don't think I'll have much left to choose from with the 20th pick.

That's what I'm thinking too. RB's seem to be a weaker field than WR's and QB's this year. Don't think I'll have much left to choose from with the 20th pick.

Both WR and QB and pretty deep IMO, definitely agree with you there. Problem with the RB is there are only 5 or so above the rest, and none of those really come out as a clear front runner. Definitely consider JC too Edited by WildCard

This is how I made out.

1 Adrian Peterson, Min RB  

20 Aaron Rodgers, GB QB  

21 Randall Cobb, GB WR  

40 Keenan Allen, SD WR  

41 Todd Gurley, StL RB  

60 Bills D/ST D/ST  

61 Sammy Watkins, Buf WR  

80 Jarvis Landry, Mia WR  

81 Stephen Gostkowski, NE K  

100 Charles Clay, Buf TE  

101 Shane Vereen, NYG RB  

120 Julius Thomas*, Jac TE  

121 Philip Rivers, SD QB  

140 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB  

141 Eddie Royal, Chi WR  

160 Dan Carpenter, Buf K  

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I think I just puked in my mouth. Did you really take the bills d in the 6th round?!?! I thought you were ok up until then but couldn't read the rest. Unless your league scoring for d is 50'points per interception and 25 per sack I hope your team crashes and burns (emoticon of dude sticking out tongue)

I think I just puked in my mouth. Did you really take the bills d in the 6th round?!?! I thought you were ok up until then but couldn't read the rest. Unless your league scoring for d is 50'points per interception and 25 per sack I hope your team crashes and burns (emoticon of dude sticking out tongue)

Somebody had taken Seattle at pick 58 or 59, I've noticed once the first person takes defense everybody else does the same. Being that I wasn't going to pick again for another 20 picks I didn't want to chance it. 

Where I did screw up is by taking two TE's that have the same bye week. 

this from the guy literally projected to lose every single game this year.

Ouch!

this from the guy literally projected to lose every single game this year.

:lol:

Somebody had taken Seattle at pick 58 or 59, I've noticed once the first person takes defense everybody else does the same. Being that I wasn't going to pick again for another 20 picks I didn't want to chance it. 

Where I did screw up is by taking two TE's that have the same bye week. 

Ouch!

But who cares?  I'll never understand the need to take a D in the middle rounds when there are so many other difference makers that can be selected there.  Kicker and D should be taken in the last two rounds as defenses change from one year to the next and are not overly predictable.  Plus, do you just run them out there against a good team?  Say for the Bills, are you starting them against the Colts Week 1?  I donno, I've found streaming D is the best way to go as most of the time you just end up with 4 or 5 points at the end of the day anyways.  Only ones that go off score defensive TD's and that's just too hard to predict.

:lol:

But who cares?  I'll never understand the need to take a D in the middle rounds when there are so many other difference makers that can be selected there.  Kicker and D should be taken in the last two rounds as defenses change from one year to the next and are not overly predictable.  Plus, do you just run them out there against a good team?  Say for the Bills, are you starting them against the Colts Week 1?  I donno, I've found streaming D is the best way to go as most of the time you just end up with 4 or 5 points at the end of the day anyways.  Only ones that go off score defensive TD's and that's just too hard to predict.

They way I see it is once you get to the 5th and 6th round, you're down  to picking players that aren't going to net you 10 points per week. The first three rounds are the guys that carry your team. So in the 6th round I can go for a RB or WR that will get 130 points on the season or go after a defense that will get 130-150 points on the season. But wait a round and all the defense might be gone, but there will still be a handful of flex players capable of netting 130 points. Like I did with Sammy and Landry. (Landry seemed to be overlooked in both leagues, 2nd in rookie receptions and 14th overall last year) Haha it's all a crapshoot, when I'm stuck looking for WR's halfway through the season I'll probably be asking myself why I wasted a 6th rounder on defense. 

I'm with you about switching out defenses based on the opponent. I've done that in the past when I didn't get a top defense. 

They way I see it is once you get to the 5th and 6th round, you're down  to picking players that aren't going to net you 10 points per week. The first three rounds are the guys that carry your team. So in the 6th round I can go for a RB or WR that will get 130 points on the season or go after a defense that will get 130-150 points on the season. But wait a round and all the defense might be gone, but there will still be a handful of flex players capable of netting 130 points. Like I did with Sammy and Landry. (Landry seemed to be overlooked in both leagues, 2nd in rookie receptions and 14th overall last year) Haha it's all a crapshoot, when I'm stuck looking for WR's halfway through the season I'll probably be asking myself why I wasted a 6th rounder on defense. 

I'm with you about switching out defenses based on the opponent. I've done that in the past when I didn't get a top defense. 

That's a fair argument to make.  I just wonder is it a PPR or non-PPR league?  If it's PPR then you're probably going to be fine but if it's non then I would be worrying about my running backs.  Sure AP may end up being the best RB in Fantasy Football.  But if it's a standard league then I usually like have an RB as my flex and not only do you not have a reliable RB flex but you don't even have a reliable number 2.  Gurley could be a decent RB2 but to me he's still a crap shoot.  He's got great potential but is injured and may not get significant playing time until atleast Week 4 and then you have to consider even then he's stuck in the Rams offense.  To me the opportunity cost of passing on another running back like Chris Ivory, Doug Martin, Stewart or Abdullah (which some or all should have still been available) is too much for me. 

But who knows.  That's the beauty of fantasy football is you can win many different ways and there are no hard and fast rules.  I was just giving you a hard time.  After finishing last season 5-11 I probably don't have any credit in this league to be razing anyone else :flirt:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.