Prediction time: What trades will occur on or before the draft?

nfreeman

Game on!  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Sabres will be traded on or before the draft? (Choose as many as you like -- but remember, this is not what you want to happen, this is your prediction as to what will happen.)

• Enroth
    • Hackett
    • Myers
    • Ehrhoff
    • Ruhwedel
    • Pysyk
    • Foligno
    • Ennis
    • Stewart
    • Stafford
    • Hodgson
    • Grigorenko
    • Armia
    • Larsson
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Will the Sabres make a "holy mackerel" huge trade?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If you were TM and could obtain the #12 pick in the draft for any of the following packages, would you make the deal? (Choose as many as you like.)

• Myers
    • Pysyk plus the Sabres' top #2 pick this year
    • Ennis plus the Sabres' bottom #2 pick this year
    • Ehrhoff plus the Sabres' middle #2 pick this year
    • The Islanders' #1 pick next year
    • Foligno plus the Blues' #1 pick next year
    • None of the above

Alrighty, ladies and gents, let's have 'em.

My answers: Hodgson and Ehrhoff get traded, no "holy mackerel" trade, and I would trade Foligno and next year's STL #1 for this year's #12.

Off-season hot-stove is heating up...

Edited by nfreeman

I think he'll trade ennis because he just stated how much he liked him.

Don't expect big trades, but just some building blocks along the way.

Would trade erhoff + 2nd round middle pick for a decent top 6 forward in his mid twenties. looking at philly for that one.

But i guess that would be a big trade.

Edited by Heimdall

I think the worry on the Ehrhoff cap recapture coupled with the lack of high end defensive draft prospects (outside Ekblad) leads GMTM to offer Ehrhoff as the trading chip to get us back into the top half of the first round this year.

Hence my vote for the Ehrhoff + mid 2nd for #11 this year. The target IMO is Virtanen or Barbashev.

I think the worry on the Ehrhoff cap recapture coupled with the lack of high end defensive draft prospects (outside Ekblad) leads GMTM to offer Ehrhoff as the trading chip to get us back into the top half of the first round this year.

Hence my vote for the Ehrhoff + mid 2nd for #11 this year. The target IMO is Virtanen or Barbashev.

I could be wrong, but I don't think trading Ehrhoff solves that problem -- i.e. I think even if he's traded, the Sabres are hosed if he retires before the contract expires.

I could be wrong, but I don't think trading Ehrhoff solves that problem -- i.e. I think even if he's traded, the Sabres are hosed if he retires before the contract expires.

You are correct, I was more thinking along the lines of if you trade him to a contender team, he would be more willing/likely to play longer and not retire early. We are still on the hook for cap recapture but IIRC it is lessened if we trade him because some of the cap benefit is taken by his new team.

Plus his value would be theoretically bumped up because his low cap hit is supported by an ever lower actual salary due to the front loaded contract. That could entice some owners looking for an actual cash bargain.

I think Erhoff could be gone or Myers, but not both, combines with Stafford, Foligno and maybe Blues #1 next year for a holy mackerel deal for a high pick and a skilled forward. I get the sense from listening and reading Murray may have something up his sleeve. He is clearly enjoying the position he is in right now.

Edited by Icehole

I put mine up there.

I chose Myers as the one to get moved, although, I feel Ehrhoff will be the one.

Yes the Sabres mack a "Holy Mackeral" trade, Myers involved.

I'd move Ehrhoff with no salary retained and the 39 pick for the 12th, if I had to add something, it would be the other late 2nd rounder.

I know none of this happens, at least, in my mind, but, I'd like to see Myers stay. I really have no input on Hodgson, Foligno or Ennis, I believe they stay I reckon.

I think Erhoff could be gone or Myers, but not both, combines with Stafford, Foligno and maybe Blues #1 next year for a holy mackerel deal for a high pick and a skilled forward. I get the sense from listening and reading the Murray may have something up his sleeve. He is clearly enjoying the position he is in right now.

I agree, he looks so relaxed as the GM. Uncle trained him well it appears, at least by his outward expressions.

The glasses man, those glasses make the man in his case :flirt:

I wouldn't be upset to see Ernhoff moved but I just don't see it happening. Sure, Murray is saying he's not concerned about reaching the cap floor but if we move Ernhoff then that's another 4 million of cap space we'd need to fill. I think any move that Murray makes will involve us eating up some money from another team. I don't have the time to do the digging but I'm curious as to which teams could use the wiggle room near the cap and are also sitting with an attractive draft pick (low-mid teens?)

I have complete faith in Murray, it's refreshing change of Darcy's weasel persona.

Evander Kane is coming to Buffalo for Tyler Myers. Erhoff and Gigorenko go to the Avalanche for ROR. Stewart and Foligno and 3 second round picks to Edmonton for #3 overall. OK now the fantasy has ended and back to reality, Nothing happens. Sabres draft Bennett and he doesn't play for us this year.

For the first category, I wanted an any of the above. TM has no untouchables.

I wouldn't make any of the trades, unless by some miracle a top five guy dropped to 12.

Foligno and the BLues first if Barbashev is there is the most tempting.

Edited by dudacek

Evander Kane is coming to Buffalo for Tyler Myers. Erhoff and Gigorenko go to the Avalanche for ROR. Stewart and Foligno and 3 second round picks to Edmonton for #3 overall. OK now the fantasy has ended and back to reality, Nothing happens. Sabres draft Bennett and he doesn't play for us this year.

WHAT???????

Alrighty, ladies and gents, let's have 'em.

My answers: Hodgson and Ehrhoff get traded, no "holy mackerel" trade, and I would trade Foligno and next year's STL #1 for this year's #12.

Off-season hot-stove is heating up...

I am going to toss out an alternative trade idea out there for the #12 pick this year. Phoenix's #12 & #44 picks for Hodgson and the Sabres #31 & #35 picks. I would be ecstatic if the Commissioner stepped up the podium and announced this trade. That would my "holy mackerel" trade.

I am going to toss out an alternative trade idea out there for the #12 pick this year. Phoenix's #12 & #44 picks for Hodgson and the Sabres #31 & #35 picks. I would be ecstatic if the Commissioner stepped up the podium and announced this trade. That would my "holy mackerel" trade.

I'd pinch your butt if this happened.

#31 and #39 but I like the idea behind this trade and if it were possible wouldn't be opposed to it.

I like Kane, he would be great return value in a Myers trade. For some reason which I can not explain I am growing leery of trading Tyler Myers. Maybe it's that he is only 24 and coming into his prime. All the tools are there, if that light clicks on, a big if, it would be the most regrettable trade in Sabres history.

I like Kane, he would be great return value in a Myers trade. For some reason which I can not explain I am growing leery of trading Tyler Myers. Maybe it's that he is only 24 and coming into his prime. All the tools are there, if that light clicks on, a big if, it would be the most regrettable trade in Sabres history.

Change of heart for you? Understandable as the talent is there and he is still young.

Edited by nucci

I would only trade Myers for a very good established NHL forward like O'Reilly (which I think is possible if the Sabres include a reasonable sweetener) or for a top-5 pick (which I don't think any holder of a top-5 pick would do unless the Sabres provided a major sweetener like the Islanders' #1 next year, which I would not do).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.