Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

Somebody mocked me when I said 5x5 for Bolland. I am vindicated.

I didn't see the conversation, but maybe that poster was mocking the idea of BUFFALO giving him that? Because I know for a fact he'll get that and maybe more, but he shouldn't and I would hate if Buffalo even thought about it.

I didn't see the conversation, but maybe that poster was mocking the idea of BUFFALO giving him that? Because I know for a fact he'll get that and maybe more, but he shouldn't and I would hate if Buffalo even thought about it.

Agree he shouldn't but he will. Maybe with the cap not going up like some thought to $75 mil he doesn't.

Agree he shouldn't but he will. Maybe with the cap not going up like some thought to $75 mil he doesn't.

The cap was only supposed to go up to $71 at max. I don't think it not going up will really impact guys like him. It'll impact teams more than players.

Do people honestly think a team like Philly would give the Sabres their 1st round pick, just to get rid of a player they can trade?

And do people honestly think guys like Matt Moulson, Brooks Orpik, Steve Ott, Vinny Lecavlier and others of that ilk, would want to spend the remaining years of their career, in Buffalo, playing for a team who is rebuilding and wants/expects to lose a lot this year? If players who have spent their entire careers in Buffalo didn't want to stick around to be a part of this, why would others leave winning franchises, or give up better opportunities, to come here and lose for a year or two?

I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom, but I think all this talk is a little premature by exactly one year...I just don't get it?

I don't get it either. No one wants to play for a loser and our GM has basically stated we will simply be the worst of the worst this coming season. I don't see how we even hit the cap floor.

The Isles are pushing hard to get Matt Moulson back.

Garth truly is an idiot. If I was Moulson, I would be all about playing in Buffalo on Reinhart's wing. Then I wouldn't ever have to deal with Garth Snow again.

I don't get it either. No one wants to play for a loser and our GM has basically stated we will simply be the worst of the worst this coming season. I don't see how we even hit the cap floor.

Every time someone says this... :wallbash:

Garth truly is an idiot. If I was Moulson, I would be all about playing in Buffalo on Reinhart's wing. Then I wouldn't ever have to deal with Garth Snow again.

Every time someone says this... :wallbash:

Avoiding Garth Snow may have some value, but I'm also pretty sure playing on Tavares' wing is more alluring than playing on Samson's.

I disagree.

You're a 3rd/4th line guy who thinks you could be a top 6 player if only given the minutes - you just want a chance to prove yourself. Then along comes Buffalo, offers you top 6 minutes and a $2.5MM raise compared to a lesser role elsewhere. What do you do?

You're a guy who has been clinging to an NHL roster for the past year - scratched a bunch of times and not many teams are showing interest. You consider you might even be out of the league this season, forced to ride buses to road games in the 'A' and hope for an injury call up. Then along comes from Buffalo, offers you $2MM. What do you do?

Those are the guys who would jump at the chance of playing in Buffalo this season.

Edited by Campy

Avoiding Garth Snow may have some value, but I'm also pretty sure playing on Tavares' wing is more alluring than playing on Samson's.

I knew the second I said anything about playing on Reinhart's wing someone would fire back with Tavares, as though I forgot that the NYI had a #1 center or something.

I knew the second I said anything about playing on Reinhart's wing someone would fire back with Tavares, as though I forgot that the NYI had a #1 center or something.

So why not explain why Moulson would prefer playing with Reinhart to playing with Tavares?

So why not explain why Moulson would prefer playing with Reinhart to playing with Tavares?

I didn't say he would. I said if I was Moulson I would be all about playing with Reinhart, why? Moulson is a shooter, that is what he does best. Reinhart is a passer and playmaker. Moulson would have the oppurtunity then to play with this young playmaker and help him mature. That in of itself would be rewarding to some. My comment was simply that if I was Matt Moulson, playing on a line with Reinhart would appeal to me.

Didn't mention Tavares because wasn't saying he would prefer Reinhart over Tavares or vice versus. My guess would be he probably really likes playing with John as from all accounts they had good chemistry and were friends. If I had wanted to say "Moulson would prefer playing with Samson Reinhart over John Tavares" I would have actually just said it.

So again, I knew the second after I posted that, that because I mentioned the NYI and Sam Reinhart in the same sentence someone, at some point in time would be like "TAVARES!!!!! WHAT ABOUT TAVARES!!!" What about him? Can't some like the idea of playing with Sam Reinhart? Does it have to be one or the other? I don't think that would be the deciding factor but I bet Buffalo looks a hell of lot more attractive to Moulson with an actual #1 center sitting around looking for a sniper to pass to.

Tavares will never be the same player again. This latest injury will devastate his production for the rest of his career. Think Mike Bossy.

(the previous statement reflects the reality I have constructed in my mind to ensure that our Islanders pick is of maximum value next june.)

Actually, according to reports, Miller's suitors have been surprisingly large in number.

Who else besides Vancouver?

I disagree.

You're a 3rd/4th line guy who thinks you could be a top 6 player if only given the minutes - you just want a chance to prove yourself. Then along comes Buffalo, offers you top 6 minutes and a $2.5MM raise compared to a lesser role elsewhere. What do you do?

You're a guy who has been clinging to an NHL roster for the past year - scratched a bunch of times and not many teams are showing interest. You consider you might even be out of the league this season, forced to ride buses to road games in the 'A' and hope for an injury call up. Then along comes from Buffalo, offers you $2MM. What do you do?

Those are the guys who would jump at the chance of playing in Buffalo this season.

Good post.

Who else besides Vancouver?

Not sure. There was one tweet that stated he has a surprising numbers of interested parties and then a TSN guy said he'll get a surprisingly good deal once he hits the open market.

I think Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Washington, Pittsburgh and San Jose will all have some level of interest. His interest in them is TBD. I think he goes to Vancouver.

I disagree.

You're a guy who has been clinging to an NHL roster for the past year - scratched a bunch of times and not many teams are showing interest. You consider you might even be out of the league this season, forced to ride buses to road games in the 'A' and hope for an injury call up. Then along comes from Buffalo, offers you $2MM. What do you do

you make a lot of sense. Basically we will be giving big contracts to players with potential...we hope. Who knows, it just might work out in the long run

Saw him play 1/2 a year here in Nashville. No thanks. He is basically Matt Ellis. Gives a lot of effort, but the talent just isn't there.

I will trust that opinion. All I really know is from seeing him with the Avs years back; he always seemed to be on the puck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.