Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

I think he'd do well in a very reduced role on a contender as a guy that plays 20 games which is what will end up happening. Postseason success and experience would be good for a guy like Fleury to learn from.

20 games at that level, particularly on a poor possession team like Toronto, might actually prevent them from making the playoffs. And I still can't believe Fleury wasn't bought out :lol:

20 games at that level, particularly on a poor possession team like Toronto, might actually prevent them from making the playoffs. And I still can't believe Fleury wasn't bought out :lol:

Only one year left on his deal and they know they could trade him if need be.

Breath. Chz will pin it in due time. ;)

Haha the only reason I'm pulling for it to be pinned is because I keep updating the top page with reports of which teams are showing interest in certain players which is tough on mobile when it's far down there. :P

Minnesota going after Iginla: http://www.startribu...UkqAOVRKJ5VZ.97

That's interesting with the Vanek stuff. Maybe they prefer Iginla?

Supposedly, the Wild don't want to hand out yet another long-term big money contract. They only want to sign someone for 1-to-3 years. And, Vanek will want a longer deal.

Arizona supposed to be very interested in Vanek, BTW.

Unrealistic funny idea to further stick it to Bettman and the NHL...

Vancouver appears to be rebuilding. Surely they'd like to move the Sedins? 7mil each for 3 more years. Buffalo trades fodder and a couple 2nd round picks for the Sedins and Vancouver 2015 1st. Then does a regular buyout on the Sedin twins. Hilarious to think about. Very unrealistic though and unlikey Canucks trade that pick.

Vinny L + Flyers 2015 1st for Stafford + Sabres 2015 2nd seems like a fairly realistic deal however.....if Vinny can be convinced to come here.

my targets would be Moulson, Ott, Brian Boyle and Brooks Orpik.

I'd love Iginla but that's nearly impossible.

Stastny and Niskanen would be intriguing but not sure either wants to sign here. Also not sure what I'm willing to pay either.

Moulson 5 years 24 million

Brian Boyle 4 years 15 million

Ott 3 years 12 million

Orpik 2 years 6 million

Moulson and Orpik would be most likely to sign here IMO

I could also see Pittsburgh trading Letang to Buffalo as he's got 7.25 per for a number of years yet. It would have to include the Penguins 2015 1st. That pick could be around 16th - 18th this season.Their new GM is suspect and I don't think that team has the depth to get past the 1st round if they meet the wrong team.

If Murray plays his cards right, Buffalo will have at least 4 2015 1sts by the time the trade deadline passes....if not 5. And in a very strong draft those are so valuable.

Buffalo comes home with a minimum of McDavid / Eichel + another high end forward whether he's drafted or it's an NHLer

Even if Kane were to re-sign in Chicago, 3 1sts would be a tough offer for the Hawks to pass up. If we desired to go that route.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Supposedly, the Wild don't want to hand out yet another long-term big money contract. They only want to sign someone for 1-to-3 years. And, Vanek will want a longer deal.

Arizona supposed to be very interested in Vanek, BTW.

I always looked at Nashville and Phoenix as good options, but not so much Nashville now. Neither team has a top center and Vanek has proved that he can have success without one.

Unrealistic funny idea to further stick it to Bettman and the NHL...

Vancouver appears to be rebuilding. Surely they'd like to move the Sedins? 7mil each for 3 more years. Buffalo trades fodder and a couple 2nd round picks for the Sedins and Vancouver 2015 1st. Then does a regular buyout on the Sedin twins. Hilarious to think about. Very unrealistic though and unlikey Canucks trade that pick.

Vinny L + Flyers 2015 1st for Stafford + Sabres 2015 2nd seems like a fairly realistic deal however.....if Vinny can be convinced to come here.

my targets would be Moulson, Ott, Brian Boyle and Brooks Orpik.

I'd love Iginla but that's nearly impossible.

Stastny and Niskanen would be intriguing but not sure either wants to sign here. Also not sure what I'm willing to pay either.

Moulson 5 years 24 million

Brian Boyle 4 years 15 million

Ott 3 years 12 million

Orpik 2 years 6 million

Moulson and Orpik would be most likely to sign here IMO

I could also see Pittsburgh trading Letang to Buffalo as he's got 7.25 per for a number of years yet. It would have to include the Penguins 2015 1st. That pick could be around 16th - 18th this season.Their new GM is suspect and I don't think that team has the depth to get past the 1st round if they meet the wrong team.

You're going to get SOME value for taking on contracts, but teams aren't going to throw away 2015 firsts for a guy like Letang. They could ACQUIRE a 2015 first for Letang in all likeliness. He's not a bad contract yet. Vinny is, but they could get something for him in a trade if they retained some salary.

I always looked at Nashville and Phoenix as good options, but not so much Nashville now. Neither team has a top center and Vanek has proved that he can have success without one.

You're going to get SOME value for taking on contracts, but teams aren't going to throw away 2015 firsts for a guy like Letang. They could ACQUIRE a 2015 first for Letang in all likeliness. He's not a bad contract yet. Vinny is, but they could get something for him in a trade if they retained some salary.

Vinny makes under 5 million for a few more years. Letang is on an 8 year 58 million contract.

since Bobby Mac tweeted this.....obviously there's a good chance we do that. I'd like that.

Cap Dump + 2015 1st for 2015 2nd + throw in

Considering that Hextall is the Flyers GM....we need to convince Vinny L to come here as that deal would include their 2015 1st in exchange for maybe Luke Adam and a 2nd

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Vinny makes under 5 million for a few more years. Letang is on an 8 year 58 million contract.

And?

There's a VERY good chance we take on a ###### contract or two from other teams while they give us some value but it's probably not going to be just for a 2015 first.

I could see Murray trying to do prospect swaps. Something like Armia and a 2nd for a bad contract, Mantha and a second. Something along those lines.

Also: Luke Adam has zero value.

Now back on topic:

@TheFourthPeriod: A surprising (to me) number of teams are very interested in Ryan Miller. He'll get several offers tomorrow once the UFA doors swing open.

Edited by Tankalicious

Crazy Blockbuster idea:

BUFFALO: Grigorenko + Armia + Stafford + Catenacci + 1st (2016) + 2nd (2015)

VANCOUVER: H. Sedin + D. Sedin + Horvat + 1st (2015)

Buffalo then has the option to use a regular buyout on the Sedin twins, keep them or retain salary and trade them.

And?

There's a VERY good chance we take on a ###### contract or two from other teams while they give us some value but it's probably not going to be just for a 2015 first.

I could see Murray trying to do prospect swaps. Something like Armia and a 2nd for a bad contract, Mantha and a second. Something along those lines.

Now back on topic:

@TheFourthPeriod: A surprising (to me) number of teams are very interested in Ryan Miller. He'll get several offers tomorrow once the UFA doors swing open.

I thought offers started July 1st? Tuesday?

Crazy Blockbuster idea:

BUFFALO: Grigorenko + Armia + Stafford + Catenacci + 1st (2016) + 2nd (2015)

VANCOUVER: H. Sedin + D. Sedin + Horvat + 1st (2015)

Buffalo then has the option to use a regular buyout on the Sedin twins, keep them or retain salary and trade them.

I thought offers started July 1st? Tuesday?

This isn't the place for trade ideas.

And?

Now back on topic:

Ken Holland has said Anthony Mantha is untouchable. I would hate to see the package GMTM would have to come up with just to peak his interest.

He was responding to YOUR trade idea!

But I'll start a thread.

He wasn't responding to anything when he started trade ideas... But don't let that get in your way.

Edited by Tankalicious

Seriously there have been multiple posters pointing out that a certain discussion doesn't belong in a thread lately with absolutely no issue, yet I do it and I get called out... You people really can't let go. I've sailed in line here for a while now and you still can't just treat me normally... It's a joke.

Seriously there have been multiple posters pointing out that a certain discussion doesn't belong in a thread lately with absolutely no issue, yet I do it and I get called out... You people really can't let go. I've sailed in line here for a while now and you still can't just treat me normally... It's a joke.

Brush it off, man! Posts like this make you a lightning rod. It may not be fair but this isn't helping.

Brush it off, man! Posts like this make you a lightning rod. It may not be fair but this isn't helping.

I have ignored a fair share of pointless jabs, but once in a while it's just really annoying. I really enjoy posting here, but at some point it's just not worth it. This board really isn't welcoming to new posters and is definitely not open to new guys who post often.

He wasn't responding to anything when he started trade ideas... But don't let that get in your way.

In my way of what?

I have ignored a fair share of pointless jabs, but once in a while it's just really annoying. I really enjoy posting here, but at some point it's just not worth it. This board really isn't welcoming to new posters and is definitely not open to new guys who post often.

Please take this constructively. There's an old saying: If you meet an ###### in the morning, well, you met an ###### that morning. If you keep meeting ###### all day long, you're probably the ######.

We've had plenty of new posters over the years and everyone was one once. You're not even new anymore; you have been here for a year. You have some good ideas and some bad ones just like everyone else--it's not yet five hours since I recommended risking next year's first round pick on PK Subban, for example.

But when you run into a poster who is responding to your trade idea with another one, why not just suggest (or start) a new thread rather than jump on him for participating in your discussion? It takes the same amount of energy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.