Buffalo #2 TV market for WCF game 7 *****THIRD TIMES A CHARM!

pi2000

Yes, but they have to achieve the very difficult feat of being piled high with meat, beans, jalapenos, cheese, sour cream and guac while not getting soggy. Easier said than done.

I want to find the place that actually distributes the toppings equally instead of putting those massive blobs of quac and sour cream in the middle of the plate. Actually, I'd get rid of the sour cream all together, but my point still stands.

I want to find the place that actually distributes the toppings equally instead of putting those massive blobs of quac and sour cream in the middle of the plate. Actually, I'd get rid of the sour cream all together, but my point still stands.

I hate to admit it, but Applebee's does a solid nacho platter.

The guy who took over running our Y Guides tribe this year always schedules our dad meetings at Applebee's. Meanwhile there is an awesome craft beer bar not 100 yards away in the same plaza. I friggin hate Applebee's.

I haven't been to one in years. But I remember the nacho platter from going there with my parents as a kid.

I also remember being at one when Edmonton played the first outdoor Heritage game in 2003. :blush:

I haven't been to one in years. But I remember the nacho platter from going there with my parents as a kid.

I also remember being at one when Edmonton played the first outdoor Heritage game in 2003. :blush:

I went to one of those chain restaurants last year with my wife to meet a friend of hers. I forget if it was Applebee's or Chili's because they're both in that same area we went. We each got a beer and split their nachos. Whichever place it was, I never want nachos there again. They were awful. I know exactly where the place was, so next time I drive through that area (Nashua, NH), I'll take a mental note of which restaurant it was.

I went to one of those chain restaurants last year with my wife to meet a friend of hers. I forget if it was Applebee's or Chili's because they're both in that same area we went. We each got a beer and split their nachos. Whichever place it was, I never want nachos there again. They were awful. I know exactly where the place was, so next time I drive through that area (Nashua, NH), I'll take a mental note of which restaurant it was.

I just try to avoid chains like the plague. The only one I really don't mind is Tully's because it's good for watching hockey and they always have good beer specials.

The one thing I can't stand is when I'm travelling and someone I'm with wants to eat at a chain. Hello! We live in a world of Google Reviews, Yelp, Urbanspoon and Tripadvisor. Take out your smart phone and find a local place to dine at. Potential food poisoning is the spice of life!

I'm wondering about crosswords. Does anyone ever do the crossword any more?

My dad started doing them when he retired.

Agreed with the second part, although if it's going to be there, I prefer it is in a blob so I can excavate around it.

Do you guys like nachos?

Yes, but they have to achieve the very difficult feat of being piled high with meat, beans, jalapenos, cheese, sour cream and guac while not getting soggy. Easier said than done.

Agreed except for me the trick is having (at minimum) melted cheese in every layer. I hate when you get nachos somewhere and they come out in a big pile with only the very top set of chips having toppings and the rest being plain old sad and dry tortilla chips. No bueno.

Edited by biodork

Agreed except for me the trick is having (at minimum) melted cheese in every layer. I hate when you get nachos somewhere and they come out in a big pile with only the very top set of chips having toppings and the rest being plain old sad and dry tortilla chips. No bueno.

my biggest peeve with nachos right here.

This is why I always prefer a basket of chips and multiple dipping options.

queso with chorizo is tops.

Ah yes... the bf makes a dip using melted cream cheese, canned tomatoes, chorizo, and jalapenos. So bad for you, but so delicious.

my biggest peeve with nachos right here.

Good call.

Ah yes... the bf makes a dip using melted cream cheese, canned tomatoes, chorizo, and jalapenos. So bad for you, but so delicious.

That right there might buy him another couple of months.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.