Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Absolutely he likes Travis Konecny as well. Possible target with one of the later firsts?

His comments on Konecny in no way made me think he likes him. Expressed very clearly that he's been a disappointment this season. He did say that he's got the ability in him, but there was that "but he hasn't shown it this year" tone in his voice.

I like Murray's focus: It's not on what he could do, it's what he does.

Yeeeeeeap. That's what his tone and comments on Konecny were all about. Said he's a PPG player this year but they certainly expected more.

He thinks Konecny has played a good game and looked better than others tonight. But he's not naive enough to base the entire evaluation on one night. His overall comments weren't too kind on Konecny.

Edited by Tank

I wasn't as into the draft then so I wasn't sure how clearcut Malkin was as the number two behind Ovechkin. Same with Lindros-Falloon. Thanks.

No trouble. The trouble is the third one that won't come to mind, dammit!

I think Turgeon/ Shanahan and Lafleur/Dionne were a lot like that as well.

I don't recall Shanahan being a consensus #2; I may well be wrong. I will defer on the Lafleur/Dionne. Too young. Sorry--first time I've said that on here in a while!

Edited by Eleven

He said everybody would like to have a 6'2 winger that plays hard, but definitely made it clear that he isn't about size as much as he was when he first started working in the league.

True, but I got the impression that he meant that those type of wingers are usually a pipe dream; finding someone with that size, skill and work ethic is real rare. If we can find a player with skill and work ethic, it may be more important than having a player without the skill like Foligno or without the heart like Stafford.

Edited by WildCard

Maybe he's being cagey.

A while back he was all about the LA Kings model of playing heavy, this era requires 4 skilled lines of large players.

I think he doesn't want to tip his hand. I don't think he would pass on high end talent for size but that's why they scout guys and try to figure out if their game can translate to the NHL.

Marner didn't really impress me at the prospect game, but it's only one game.

Prospect game analysts were raving about Crouse's game. Heavy with skill.

What about 2008? You had Stamkos and then Doughty, I thought that was pretty clear but unfortunately my memory isn't.

Nope I lied, CSS had Zach Bagoosian #2.... well LA chose wisely there.

Edited by LGR4GM

Omg, this is exactly what I have been thinking about. I like this article but I am also biased because I think like the author. Still for Lawson Crouse, buyer beware.

You don't like Lawson crouse. We get it.

If all goes according to plan then you won't have to worry.

Edited by Derrico