2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

I think baptiste and carrier have a good shot at making it. Baptiste was highly regarded as one of the top prospects around the time of the CHL draft...his stock dropped a bit after a few mediocre years, he fell to the third in a deep draft, and then he exploded last year and probably would be a sure fire first rounder in a redraft. I'm excited to hear how he does at development camp -- iirc he was one of our best players at last years

Edited by sabre snipe

I think baptiste and carrier have a good shot at making it. Baptiste was highly regarded as one of the top prospects around the time of the CHL draft...his stock dropped a bit after a few mediocre years, he fell to the third in a deep draft, and then he exploded last year and probably would be a sure fire first rounder in a redraft. I'm excited to hear how he does at development camp -- iirc he was one of our best players at last years

Barring serious injury Baptiste will be this team within the next 3 years

I'd be very surprised if Baptiste is not an NHL player. He has a skill set that projects in many different roles.

Bottom end is Corey Tropp and his upside is much higher.

I think he has a good chance of making Canada's WJC team this year.

I thought we were listing guys that are going to play in the NHL. To your point, all those picks have NHL potential but to my point, less than half will probably have NHL careers. Which is why it's good to have so many picks, increasing the odds of developing solid NHL players. If in 5-7 years, if 6 of those players are contributing NHL players, I call it a win.

Making the team and playing say at least 100 NHL games... Reinhart, Zadorov, Ristolainen, McCabe, Compher, Baptiste, Lemieux, Possler (unless his knee is shot), Ullmark (yup have gt faith), Deslauriers appears to be able to, plus one of Fasching/Carrier/Armia. So I am at around 9-10 guys thus far who should play at least 100 NHL games.

Making the team and playing say at least 100 NHL games... Reinhart, Zadorov, Ristolainen, McCabe, Compher, Baptiste, Lemieux, Possler (unless his knee is shot), Ullmark (yup have gt faith), Deslauriers appears to be able to, plus one of Fasching/Carrier/Armia. So I am at around 9-10 guys thus far who should play at least 100 NHL games.

don't get too emotionally invested in all these young men. Once Murray changes gears, half will become collateral for upgrades.

Looking forward to Tuesdays scrimmage. I believe the difference in size will be quite noticeable compared to the last few.

Hey, where can I see a full-sized version of the sports page in your avatar? I've been trying to google for it to no avail.

Where's Connor Hurley? Not in prospects camp

I only see NHL potential in the top 10, excluding Grigorenko. He'll be gone in a year.

It will be interesting to see since he's gained muscle mass training if he really worked on what he really needs work on and that's his quickness and skating. If he doesn't stand out at camp I could see him being moved.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Where's Connor Hurley? Not in prospects camp

It will be interesting to see since he's gained muscle mass training if he really worked on what he really needs work on and that's his quickness and skating. If he doesn't stand out at camp I could see him being moved.

What he needs to work on is being less European. Girgensons is just barely getting over his bout with that now.

I'd be very surprised if Baptiste is not an NHL player. He has a skill set that projects in many different roles.

Bottom end is Corey Tropp and his upside is much higher.

I think he has a good chance of making Canada's WJC team this year.

And that would be a pretty good barometer of NHL potential. Just look at this Canadian roster from ten years ago:

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Junior/2004/Final-Roster

There's a whole lot of NHL there.

And that would be a pretty good barometer of NHL potential. Just look at this Canadian roster from ten years ago:

http://www.hockeycan...04/Final-Roster

There's a whole lot of NHL there.

Of that group I was surprised the most that Nigel Dawes couldn't sustain an NHL career. Great drive and talent - but too small for a 3rd line role.

Hey, where can I see a full-sized version of the sports page in your avatar? I've been trying to google for it to no avail.

Don't know but I can e mail you the pic that I have if yo9u want.

Well nevermind. I see that LGR4GM already posted it. Sorry Eleven I didn't see this post until just now.

Edited by beerme1

Anyone have any insight on the abilities of the invitee Brandon Prophet?

Article says 6'2", 200lbs. But other than that, not much. How's his vision on the ice, speed, skating, passing, what does he project to be defensively?

Any info appreciated.

I would say he is a longshot for the nhl. Good size and a defensive defensemen mostly. IMO he doesn't have the natural foot speed to play with the speed of players in the nhl. Vision and passing are certainly not above average, if he can find a way it would be as a 6/7 defenseman. As a comparison I would say Pardy is his ceiling.

Its scary that the third and fourth teams on that list also have some of the Most Talented NHL Rosters as well.

Updated Sabres Prospect List from Kris Baker.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/2014/07/buffalo-sabres-summer-2014-prospect.html

And Tampa has a russian guy essentially named Namestinkov. I got a good chuckle out of that one. I kind of hope they stuck a fake name in there.

Its scary that the third and fourth teams on that list also have some of the Most Talented NHL Rosters as well.

Updated Sabres Prospect List from Kris Baker.

http://www.sabrespro...4-prospect.html

3) Spots 11-15 were fun to navigate. If there is one guy in that cluster who has a chance to make a serious leap in the rankings, it's Hurley. We'll be monitoring his adjustment to the college game, but I have full confidence in him breaking out following a full run through the cycle.

As for me, I think Carrier is the bust-out guy from that 11-15 pool. I think he might just have it.

Baker also notes that the farm is starting to get light on D. I don't want Murray to pull a "reverse Darcy." I hope to see some balance.

Edited by Eleven

[/size][/font][/color]

As for me, I think Carrier is the bust-out guy from that 11-15 pool. I think he might just have it.

Baker also notes that the farm is starting to get light on D. I don't want Murray to pull a "reverse Darcy." I hope to see some balance.

Yep, at least two of the next year's five high picks need to be blue liners.

And I don't think I am being a homer when I say guys like Larsson and Cornel are top 10 players on the prospect lists for at least half the league. We are bound to have more hits due to the sheer number of players in the system.

To take that a step further, our number 30 prospect, Tim Schaller, has a decent shot of getting some at action in the NHL this year. Our number 21 prospect, Deslauriers, will probably be an NHL regular.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.