Konopka suspended 20 games

Hoss

Yep.

May have been mentioned in the ink's link (on the phone and didn't open it), but for those of us with deviated septums - which a lot of hockey players have - it really opens the sinuses up and makes breathing a lot easier which obviously improves stamina.

I play paddle tennis. I've never seen them used.

:lol:

Then you don't play paddle tennis with the drive and heart of a champion.

True story, I went to grade school with a kid whose dad was a pro ping pong player. Dude would practice outside in the winter.

True story, I went to grade school with a kid whose dad was a pro ping pong player. Dude would practice outside in the winter.

That's awesome. My siblings and I used to have the most intense ping pong matches. When I hit around age 13 I finally got as good as them, starting a 4 year period where all of us were around the same skill level. My sister and oldest brother are two of the most (angrily) competitive people I know. Paddles were thrown and smashed, tears were shed. Now, as the youngest, I can crush them at ping pong and tennis. I'll admit to having never actually played paddle tennis, but I know what it (hilariously) is.

Tough to see a guys career end this way. He couldn't make the game day roster consistently on the last place team in the league. What are the chances another team picks him up knowing at best he'll be available for 62 games?

NHL sources say Zenon Konopka was suspended for taking DHEA, an over-the-counter supplement recommended to him by non-team doctors.

I'm not sure I even understand why DHEA is a banned substance. As far as I can tell, no one has ever been able to conclude that it actually does anything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.