James Patrick

DonInBuffalo

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/ex-sabres-assistant-coach-reportedly-arrested-in-dallas-20140507

According to his girlfriend, James Patrick came home drunk with vomit on his clothes. She noticed some "inappropriate" texts on his cell phone and he did enough damage to her wrestling the phone away that the cops showed up and arrested him.

Out of all the ex and current Sabres, Patrick might be the one person who I would never have guessed something like this would happen.

Is it strange that I went to college for the better part of 6 years and have never vomited on myself? I've vomited, no question about that. I've just never been to the point where I really don't care at all about my personal appearance and just yaked on myself.

Edited by ubkev

http://www.buffalone...dallas-20140507

According to his girlfriend, James Patrick came home drunk with vomit on his clothes. She noticed some "inappropriate" texts on his cell phone and he did enough damage to her wrestling the phone away that the cops showed up and arrested him.

Out of all the ex and current Sabres, Patrick might be the one person who I would never have guessed something like this would happen.

Vaclav Varada, sure. Patrick? That's incomprehensible.

Welcome BYU laureate!

Just kidding. The only time I've ralphed on myself was when the only choice was either to do it on me or a random stranger, and I'm just not that kind of person.

That made me laugh.

Who said 'brownout'? Spot on.

It was a term coined by me to describe a state of alcohol induced unconscious that appears to others to be complete consciousness.

This state is why I don't drink that much anymore. At some point my body decided that instead of just getting sick or passing out that I would just maintain all my faculties except actual consciousness. I essentially became a real life Jekyll and Hyde. It scared me and I learned how to control it with a lot of help and patience from Josie.

Best of luck to James. It could have been a lot worse.

Isn't a brown out when you pass out and get shiit all over, especially the eyes, causing an alternate reality of fecal flow?!?! Wait wait, I think I'm close to that state of bliss as we speak

I thought it was when you vomit inside of a dead persons chest cavity.

So...

What's the difference between a blackout and a brownout???

When you blackout you're usually out for an extended period of time. People tell you all the things you did the next day. And you're all like "woah I don't remember that last hour".

Brownout is when you blackout for short periods of time that you aren't aware of. Your moments of consciousness feel seamless but in reality you just blacked out for two minutes and now your girlfriend is crying and you don't know why. You sorta come in and out of it but don't know that it's happening which can be very confusing.

When you blackout you're usually out for an extended period of time. People tell you all the things you did the next day. And you're all like "woah I don't remember that last hour".

Brownout is when you blackout for short periods of time that you aren't aware of. Your moments of consciousness feel seamless but in reality you just blacked out for two minutes and now your girlfriend is crying and you don't know why. You sorta come in and out of it but don't know that it's happening which can be very confusing.

quite right. it's a matter of degrees. i'm thankful that i never blacked out from booze (at least, not that i recall), but brownouts are far easier to come by. there was a period of time after i was married and had kids that i would periodically "brown out" after a night out with my wife - i'd get into it pretty good, she'd drive home, i'd have a night cap on the couch, fall asleep (pass out), wake up in the morning in bed, but have no or just a faint, fuzzy memory of (1) getting home, (2) pouring the night cap, and/or (3) getting to bed.

i had a few (maybe 5 or 6) of those over 2 years' time, and i was finally just like fook this. no fun, no point.

Not that it makes anything right, but what exactly is she doing going through his phone?

My friends wife is constantly going through his phone, she even responds to my texts as him sometimes. He's not up to any shenanigans that I know of, but that would drive me nuts if my wife did that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.