James Patrick

DonInBuffalo

Some professions sure attract people of character.

I don't like to be defined by my profession.... I feel I'm good at what I do, and my patients really enjoy my bedside manner, plus I don't cut corners when it comes to procedures and the science required..... Some people feel that certain jobs require a person to act in a certain manner that is seen as the natural mold. I see it as I'm just a regular guy, who likes to have some fun, who does a job like everyone else in the world

• 2 weeks later...

So a month into my moderation and things are going well. Only drank on 5 occasions. Memorial Day we had all the next of kin over only 4-5 beers. Stopped, rehydrated and on with the night. Golfed twice. Most recently only had two beers after a bit of a slip up on the previous golf outing with 8 beers. Today went to baseball game, only had 3 beers and on a random night went out to dinner, two beers with dinner, two beers at home. No hangovers, no regrets. I feel like I'm in a good place with this.

So a month into my moderation and things are going well. Only drank on 5 occasions. Memorial Day we had all the next of kin over only 4-5 beers. Stopped, rehydrated and on with the night. Golfed twice. Most recently only had two beers after a bit of a slip up on the previous golf outing with 8 beers. Today went to baseball game, only had 3 beers and on a random night went out to dinner, two beers with dinner, two beers at home. No hangovers, no regrets. I feel like I'm in a good place with this.

Good job man. Keep it up!

Yeah i know how you feel ink, worst part about drinking water at a bar is all your friends asking you how you keep doing it and how they wouldn't be able to while pooring down #20 :D

And when sober you realise how boring and whining drunk people get, beer turns men into women, we start to whine, and can't drive anymore :P

Edited by Heimdall

:thumbsup:

Good on ya Ink, I hope it keeps up!

I went through a similar journey to yours, albeit at a younger age. I found that after a while, I couldn't even force myself to binge, I just didn't want it anymore. I also found that by significantly upgrading the quality of what I was drinking (craft brews, top shelf liquor, and high end wines replaced Miller Lite, Plastic Bottle Vodka, and Barefoot type cheap wine), I enjoyed the actual drinks way more than the drunk.

Yeah i know how you feel ink, worst part about drinking water at a bar is all your friends asking you how you keep doing it and how they wouldn't be able to while pooring down #20 :D

I've stopped going to bars altogether. Just doesnt make sense for my state of life. This weekend will be a test. Canal Days is a big brew haha in my town and it usually brings out the worst in me.

I've stopped going to bars altogether. Just doesnt make sense for my state of life. This weekend will be a test. Canal Days is a big brew haha in my town and it usually brings out the worst in me.

Brew haha. Nice.

You're doing good man.

Wow, didn't realize that Canal Days was still an event!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.