Season Ticket Prices

LGR4GM

We are on page five so there must be some discourse people crave but Taro continue to sling a barrage of insults down upon me. The insightful knowledge such pensive musings have provided us plebeians is paramount to our feeble attempts at routine dialogue on our common issues. I am culpable, nay complicit in my venture to impose a vexation on the minds of my fellow posters with such mundane mutterings as season admission expenditures. You sir have amended my insidious ways and I may only endeavor in vain to rise up to the pinnacle with which you so elegantly postulate.

We are on page five so there must be some discourse people crave but Taro continue to sling a barrage of insults down upon me. The insightful knowledge such pensive musings have provided us plebeians is paramount to our feeble attempts at routine dialogue on our common issues. I am culpable, nay complicit in my venture to impose a vexation on the minds of my fellow posters with such mundane mutterings as season admission expenditures. You sir have amended my insidious ways and I may only endeavor in vain to rise up to the pinnacle with which you so elegantly postulate.

I've insulted you? Might you be so kind as to list said "barrage" of insults?

What you take as an "insult" (or more accurately as a "barrage of insults" :rolleyes: ) is merely an incredulous question as to why you specifically (though I'd also like to know why anyone in general) would start a thread you "honestly don't give a donkey ######" about.

Most people, not all mind you, but most, don't read threads that have no interest to them. You, apparently, don't only read them, you start them. :huh:

Great, now I keep picturing someone saying (in the 2X spokesman's voice) 'how do you know when a subject does not interest me; I start a thread about it; stay thirsty my friends.' ;)

[Edit: ] Seeing as how you started this thread, how about telling us something about the 1 thing that is of interest, dare I say, to all. Give us some dish on the ####ing parade!

Edited by Taro T

Seeing as how you started this thread, how about telling us something about the 1 thing that is of interest, dare I say, to all. Give us some dish on the ####ing parade!

Sometimes you don't know when the parade in your honor is going to be.

It just sort of.....happens......

http://content.usatoday.com/_common/_scripts/big_picture.aspx?width=490&height=350&storyURL=/money/companies/management/2007-08-05-Rigas_N.htm&imageURL=http://i.usatoday.net/money/_photos/2007/08/06/rigasesx-large.jpg

Sometimes you don't know when the parade in your honor is going to be.

It just sort of.....happens......

http://content.usato...asesx-large.jpg

Awwwwwww, but that was in Coudersport, and thanks to the liberal reciprocity laws, Rigo can be with you here today, or annnny time.

Larry Quinn ran away and didn't say goodbye, so Rigo went to look for him and help the FBI, but Rigo had handcuffs on, his eyes were full of tears; said I'll be back to play w/ you some time in 20 years.

Rigo, Rigo ...

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

You started a discussion that you admittedly "don't give a flying donkey ######" about "so people could talk about it"!?!?!

That is ####ing rich.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Dude, our team is in last!! We desperately need something to talk about. I don't give ###### what we talk about. There is no new articles up. And won't be until draft day. You could start a thread called: stuff nobody gives a flying donkey ###### about! We would all still post. Like the movie, if you post it, they will come

Dude, our team is in last!! We desperately need something to talk about. I don't give ###### what we talk about. There is no new articles up. And won't be until draft day. You could start a thread called: stuff nobody gives a flying donkey ###### about! We would all still post. Like the movie, if you post it, they will come

:rolleyes:

There are 315 pages of threads in this forum. There is plenty of discussion going on.

As the topic is relevantly topical, I'd suspect that had the thread not been started by someone that wasn't interested in it, it would have been started by someone that was interested in discussing it. So odds are you would even have had the ability to post in and discuss this topic whether this particular thread was started or not.

I am renewing because I would never get my seats again. Front row club end zone. As for the annual price increase? I don't give a flying ###### about it as they are giving it right back to me. I will care about the year after when they again hit me and don't give me a rebate. I was quite pissed about the increase last year as well. Some other message board that I no longer frequent told me to pipe down it was no big deal. It was to me in light of the increased the year before also. They have made my tickets very, very difficult to sell if I need to and I sell about five games a year.

Eleven, have the rights transferred and find a new mate or two or three to break it up.

I am renewing because I would never get my seats again. Front row club end zone. As for the annual price increase? I don't give a flying ###### about it as they are giving it right back to me. I will care about the year after when they again hit me and don't give me a rebate. I was quite pissed about the increase last year as well. Some other message board that I no longer frequent told me to pipe down it was no big deal. It was to me in light of the increased the year before also. They have made my tickets very, very difficult to sell if I need to and I sell about five games a year.

Eleven, have the rights transferred and find a new mate or two or three to break it up.

I've been told the Sabres won't do this, but I'll admit that I haven't really dug into it.

Edited by Eleven

Is there anyone on the forum that is not renewing their season tickets?

I'm just curious.

Something has to give, no? If people buy STs to resell on the secondary market, and the secondary market is virtually gone, then we should see some dropoff. (Unless, of course, people are just reselling Leafs, Canadiens, Pens etc. and making back some of their money. I really don't know.)

Something has to give, no? If people buy STs to resell on the secondary market, and the secondary market is virtually gone, then we should see some dropoff. (Unless, of course, people are just reselling Leafs, Canadiens, Pens etc. and making back some of their money. I really don't know.)

Talking to people, many buy to enjoy some of their tickets and strategically sell some to recoup their costs.

I don't see that changing.

The market itself is pretty strong ----- Sometimes it is a sellers market, sometimes a buyers' market though.

Either way, a lot of tickets are moved through the 2nd markets - though I have no idea how many take a loss on face value.

My father is looking to split his. Not because of the increase. Well, because the product on the ice isn't worth it, and with an increase it is less worth it. he can't bear to give them up entirely. He's a die hard fan and wants to keep going because it gives him something to do in the winter months. he's not happy though.

Talking to people, many buy to enjoy some of their tickets and strategically sell some to recoup their costs.

I don't see that changing.

The market itself is pretty strong ----- Sometimes it is a sellers market, sometimes a buyers' market though.

Either way, a lot of tickets are moved through the 2nd markets - though I have no idea how many take a loss on face value.

There also is the worry about having to go to the back of the line. Buffalo isn't used to waiting lists for STs, but having lived in another community that is used to it (Washington, football), I can understand. The DC folks suffer consecutive losing seasons because they know they'll be there come January in a few years, just like some of us do with the Sabres (April, not January, but you get it).

Edited by Eleven

There also is the worry about having to go to the back of the line. Buffalo isn't used to waiting lists for STs, but having lived in another community that is used to it (Washington, football), I can understand. The DC folks suffer consecutive losing seasons because they know they'll be there come January in a few years, just like some of us do with the Sabres (April, not January, but you get it).

Historically there haven't been waiting lists, but we are entering the 8th season of a Sabres' waiting list. I'd suggest that Buffalo IS getting used to a waiting list.

Also, back in their Aud days, the Bandits had a small waiting list. (It typically (always?) cleared the next year.)

Are there any season ticket holders on here that received the little brochure the Sabres sent out about their rebuilding strategy?

Brochure, no.

1 page flyer linked in some post up thread, yes.

The flyer had little of relevance IMHO.

Historically there haven't been waiting lists, but we are entering the 8th season of a Sabres' waiting list. I'd suggest that Buffalo IS getting used to a waiting list.

Also, back in their Aud days, the Bandits had a small waiting list. (It typically (always?) cleared the next year.)

When people start devising ticket subscriptions through wills, we'll be used to it. It really is pretty new here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.