Season Ticket Prices

LGR4GM

The players receive the exact same amount of salary regardless of whether the Sabres are at the cap or at the floor. The league wide salary is the same, no matter what.

The sabres being better doesn't make the league more money. Not enough to not include ticket prices. They are the single biggest lever that can be pulled. Any economic analysis would show that it will increase revenues, the sabres will still have a waiting list. There is no way you could formulate a plan that would pass "good faith" muster that did not include ticket prices.

And I by food and beer at every game. As far as my wallet is concerned, he gave it right back to me.

No...I am not buying a ticket to see the Sabres/Flames in March for $70....or even $5. If they fielded a competitive team, and were in the hunt for a playoff spot, or God forbid....a division title...I would think about it...and those 2,000 empty seats would be filled, and you know it.

It's a valid plan called Investment. Econ 101.

As for "Pegula is awesome!!! He gave the money right back to me!!!".

Let's look at it this way....................

Ghost's Bakery has been around since 1970. Your family always loves going to get their bread there and has done so every Sunday (except in the summer when you are in the Hamptons). It has a long history and loyal customers. In 2006, it got the award for best Bakery in NY, and people would wait in line just to get a fresh loaf Sunday morning.

In 2010-11, Ghost sold his bakery. Most of the employees remained however. At the time, Ghost charged $4.35 for a giant loaf of his bread. It cost him $2.40 for each loaf. You faithfully went 41 consecutive Sundays to buy that bread.

In 2011-12, Ghost's bakery raised the price of their bread to $4.60. It cost him $2.60 for each loaf. You faithfully went 41 consecutive Sundays to buy that bread.

In 2012-13, Ghost's bakery raised the price of their bread to $4.85 a loaf. It cost him $2.70 for each loaf. You faithfully paid for 41 loaves of bread in July, but didn't get your first loaf until 8 months later.

In 2013-14, Ghost's bakery raised the price of their bread to $5.00 a loaf. New management noticed something though.....people still lined up for this bread no matter how long it took, or if the ingredients were stale. They made a decision to only bake their loaves 80% as big as they did in 2012. While the price of ingredients went up per pound, Ghost's bakery actually lowered their cost to $2.40 a loaf like it was in 2010 when new mangement took over. You faithfully went 41 consecutive Sundays to buy that bread.

Now....a new year comes.....Ghost's bakery is now selling bread for $5.25 a loaf. Each loaf costs them $2.40. Last year Ghost's Bakery was rated the worst in NY. Even though you still faithfully lined up for that bread for 41 consecutive Sundays, management decided that they had to do something about the bad publicity.

"Hear Ye...Hear Ye.....If you pay us ahead of time for 41 loaves of bread at $5.25 a loaf, we will give you a $10 certificate to be used on any additional items of your chosing at the bakery this year!!!"

So....in the span of 5 years......

Ghost's Bakery went from charging $4.35 for a loaf of bread that cost them $2.40 and was award winning a few short years earlier....to....

Charging $5.25 for a loaf of bread 80% as big as it was 5 years ago, that still costs the bakery $2.40, and tastes like playdough.

But!!!......they were nice enough to give you a $10 certificate to buy a Pepsi to wash that playdough down with!!!

And you faithfully line up for 41 consecutive Sundays................................

Ghost's Bakery went from charging $4.35 for a loaf of bread that cost them $2.40 and was award winning a few short years earlier....to....

Charging $5.25 for a loaf of bread 80% as big as it was 5 years ago, that still costs the bakery $2.40, and tastes like playdough.

But!!!......they were nice enough to give you a $10 certificate to buy a Pepsi to wash that playdough down with!!!

And you faithfully line up for 41 consecutive Sundays................................

But what you left out is that 50% of the sale of each loaf ($2.65) is going to the national bakers union, so if you cut the price back to Ghost prices of $4.60, the bakers only get to share $2.30 per loaf and they'd get 14% less revenue because your bakery is already operating near capacity. :lol:

You are creating a mutual exclusivity that does not exist. They are expected to make the team competitive AND increase revenue by price hikes. It's not an OR situation. There is no way the Union's Lawyers would let the team get away with a revenue growth plan that does not include raising ticket prices.

Also, The food and beer are BETTER now than they ever were.

But what you left out is that 50% of the sale of each loaf ($2.65) is going to the national bakers union, so if you cut the price back to Ghost prices of $4.60, the bakers only get to share $2.30 per loaf and they'd get 14% less revenue because your bakery is already operating near capacity. :lol:

YES!!!

X. gets it......

The Owners are happy....the Union is happy.......and I guess.....the consumer is happy....for they keep lining up for that bread and making excuses for the bakery.

You are creating a mutual exclusivity that does not exist. They are expected to make the team competitive AND increase revenue by price hikes. It's not an OR situation. There is no way the Union's Lawyers would let the team get away with a revenue growth plan that does not include raising ticket prices.

Also, The food and beer are BETTER now than they ever were.

The team has cut costs AND raised ticket prices. There wouldn't be an issue if they actually attempted to field a competitive team the past 2 years.

Is the actual food at the arena good? Haven't been there in a while.

YES!!!

X. gets it......

The Owners are happy....the Union is happy.......and I guess.....the consumer is happy....for they keep lining up for that bread and making excuses for the bakery.

Wait, are you arguing that it sucks for the STH or that the team had another option? Sure, I'd rather the tickets be free, but the team had no other option.

The team has cut costs AND raised ticket prices. There wouldn't be an issue if they actually attempted to field a competitive team the past 2 years.

The team has absolutely not cut costs. Other than the this year's salary anomaly where they are spending a paltry $64 million on player salaries ($5M short of the cap), costs for the team have gone up across the board every year, including payroll for the past 3 seasons.

Is the actual food at the arena good? Haven't been there in a while.

really good, significantly improved since Pegula took over.

The ticket hike this year becomes more noticeable next year when tickets go up again and the rebate goes back to 2.5% creating a double hike next year. But there should be a better product to show. God I hope at least.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.