2014-2015 Roster

Stads

So do we have a nhl-quality (average/passable) set of 6 dmen now?

Gorges - Myers

Zadorov - Ristolainen

Weber - Strachen

Also, does anyone else think ennis and girgensons are establishing themselves as legitimate top 6 players? I think the days of thinking zemgus is a 3rd line center are over with as I think his offensive potential is something more.

So I think ennis, moulson, and zemgus are all top 6 players (stafford, gionta, stewart not so much). So we are missing another top 6 center and some right wingers...samson, grigs, armia?

Could a contending team have Ennis-Girgensons-Moulson as their 2nd line? I'd say yes.

What about a future first line? You can pencil in Reinhart and hope he hits his potential. Grigorenko and Armia are doing well in the AHL this year but they don't look like future NHL superstars. Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, and Compher are project as good 2nd-3rd line players if they hit their potential.

Sabres have 5 picks in the first two rounds in 2015. They still need to find some elite scoring. It's probably also time to find another good defenseman because Pysyk and McCabe have been muddling their way through the AHL this year.

Could a contending team have Ennis-Girgensons-Moulson as their 2nd line? I'd say yes.

What about a future first line? You can pencil in Reinhart and hope he hits his potential. Grigorenko and Armia are doing well in the AHL this year but they don't look like future NHL superstars. Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, and Compher are project as good 2nd-3rd line players if they hit their potential.

Sabres have 5 picks in the first two rounds in 2015. They still need to find some elite scoring. It's probably also time to find another good defenseman because Pysyk and McCabe have been muddling their way through the AHL this year.

Pysyk may be reaching the point he needs a change of scenary. This past year could not have been good for his mindset. He earned a roster spot on this team and became a victim of tankitis.

So do we have a nhl-quality (average/passable) set of 6 dmen now?

Gorges - Myers

Zadorov - Ristolainen

Weber - Strachen

Also, does anyone else think ennis and girgensons are establishing themselves as legitimate top 6 players? I think the days of thinking zemgus is a 3rd line center are over with as I think his offensive potential is something more.

So I think ennis, moulson, and zemgus are all top 6 players (stafford, gionta, stewart not so much). So we are missing another top 6 center and some right wingers...samson, grigs, armia?

I don't think a top six with Strachan AND Weber is passable.

Are you proposing we move to 8 defensemen? Because most teams have to have a bottom pair. They look like a bottom pair to me.

I disagree. Strachan is having a good stretch but he's still not a full-time NHL talent in my eyes. Weber will always be that 6/7 guy.

• 2 months later...

I did not go back and review all #1000 posts, but I feel pretty confident that no one predicted tonight's lineup:

Stewart - Flynn - Foligno

Gionta - Mitchell - Moulson

Hodgson - Ellis - Deslauriers

Varone - Larsson - Dolpe

Bogosian- Ristolainen

Pysyk - McCabe

Meszaros - Weber

Neuvirth

Please excuse my left wing - center - right wing and left/right defensive configurations. I think you could play someone out of position and see improvement in the lineup.

Granted, there are injuries but look at that lineup and tell me that's not tank-mode. Said state of affairs that there are only a small handful of players that I care about in the lineup. And I don't think there is a legitimate first or second line player in the lineup. Okay, I will concede Moulson, and possibly Stewart. So the other four get to play there by default???

I am a season ticket holder and I am refraining from being livid because I hold out hope for the future.

I did not go back and review all #1000 posts, but I feel pretty confident that no one predicted tonight's lineup:

Varone - Larsson - Dolpe

Bogosian- Ristolainen

Pysyk - McCabe

Meszaros - Weber

Neuvirth

Please excuse my left wing - center - right wing and left/right defensive configurations. I think you could play someone out of position and see improvement in the lineup.

Granted, there are injuries but look at that lineup and tell me that's not tank-mode. Said state of affairs that there are only a small handful of players that I care about in the lineup. And I don't think there is a legitimate first or second line player in the lineup. Okay, I will concede Moulson, and possibly Stewart. So the other four get to play there by default???

I am a season ticket holder and I am refraining from being livid because I hold out hope for the future.

Why the f%$# is Hodgson on the third line with Ellis and Deslauriers? Given that lineup, we should at least be playing our former top center in a scoring line role. Instead it is Mitchell and Flynn?! FFS

Sincerely,

Last Hodgson Fan.

Why the f%$# is Hodgson on the third line with Ellis and Deslauriers? Given that lineup, we should at least be playing our former top center in a scoring line role. Instead it is Mitchell and Flynn?! FFS

Sincerely,

Last Hodgson Fan.

I think that is when you need to look at Nolan and ask WTF. I know he is trying to get more out of Hodgson, but he is putting him into a position to fail. Not that making him a 1st line center surrounded by Varone and Dolpe would make him shine.

I am still there with Hodgson. I will not judge him until there is talent around him. I think he will be an impactful 2nd line winger next year IF Nolan moves him from the 3rd or 4th line to the 2nd. 

I think that is when you need to look at Nolan and ask WTF. I know he is trying to get more out of Hodgson, but he is putting him into a position to fail. Not that making him a 1st line center surrounded by Varone and Dolpe would make him shine.

I am still there with Hodgson. I will not judge him until there is talent around him. I think he will be an impactful 2nd line winger next year IF Nolan moves him from the 3rd or 4th line to the 2nd. 

I get the feeling that Nolan thinks that if you put someone on the 3/4 line long enough, they'll become a 3/4 liner but retain their skill. I'm no coach, for sure, but I think some guys just don't have it in them.

All you need to do is isolate Hodgy when he is in our zone defending and you'll notice him standing there following the play with his eyes , not his body. Pretty much looks lost. He has 3 goals on the season and he can't defend. Personally i'd put him on the first line but he can't score either.

Varone - Larsson - Dolpe

Bogosian- Ristolainen

Pysyk - McCabe

Meszaros - Weber

Neuvirth

Was in disbelief when that roster won a game. Now, I cannot even image what the lineup looks like without Stewart, Flynn, Mitchell, and Neuvirth. I guess we showed Arizona not to mess with our tank!

Moulson Hodgson Ennis

Foligno Ellis Gionta

Dalpe Varone Deslauriers

Larsson Grigorenko Schaller

Bogosian Benoit

Zadorov Ristolainen

Weber Meszaros

Johnson

Lindback

Starring in Fury at a theatre near you.

There's no way that Ellis is the second line center. It just can't be.

Hodgson back where he belongs as well :thumbsup:

And NOW, what does Zona's roster look like? They have the edge with Mike Smith but as far as the rest of the lineup, not too sure....I think we need to set up a meet and greet for the March 26 game vs Yotes...

They have Doan and Gagner. I think that would be Buffalo's equivalent of Moulson and Ennis. I am not too familiar with their defense, and would have to give us the edge there. But there is no way their goalie situation is as bad as ours.

I see history in the making -- Buffalo and Arizona will be the only two teams in the NHL to not have an expansion player selected from their roster by the Las Vegas Bandits. What a horrible ensemble of players.

They have Doan and Gagner. I think that would be Buffalo's equivalent of Moulson and Ennis. I am not too familiar with their defense, and would have to give us the edge there. But there is no way their goalie situation is as bad as ours.

I see history in the making -- Buffalo and Arizona will be the only two teams in the NHL to not have an expansion player selected from their roster by the Las Vegas Bandits. What a horrible ensemble of players.

Eckman Larsson is a VERY solid Dman for the Yotes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.