2014-2015 Roster

Stads

And at $18 a pair for the "right" socks to be cool in middle school. (with left foot / right foot formed/labeled!) They say Lacrosse bros started it. It's out of hand.

It is getting so out of hand, that a new store just opened up out here in the Finger Lakes (Canandaigua)...it's called...The Sock Nook! lmao.

(I won't lie, I did purchase some pretty cool Bills and Sabres socks the other day.)

Another thought...

During trade deadline day, whomever the WGR person was who was in the room with Murray and Devine, said there was a very good player they were targeting and trying to get...but it was ultimately deemed a draft day move. He said it was a player everyone would know, it'd be a "blockbuster."

I never found out who it was, and obviously the move has not been made yet, especially on draft day...could it be Evander Kane? (Idk who else it COULD be.)

I'm not sure how socks relate in this case the staff infections, but dark socks are a "thing" these days. Get with the times, man!

If we had dark socks for gym class, we would be docked as an absence. The theory is the dark dye would be more apt to run and clog your pores. Gyms being bacteria laden with all the sweat, easy for a clogged pimple to turn into infection.

I was just goofing more than anything, but that was a thing back in the day.

Yes, Justin Bailey. He is the one who tweeted that picture... kid still needs to learn how to use social media, apparently. ;)

I think he is doing it right :P

I'm not sure how socks relate in this case the staff infections, but dark socks are a "thing" these days. Get with the times, man!

In Europe nobody wears white socks, mainly i guess because the women don't like to see them hah :P

Hopefully great enough to get some picks at the deadline.

And there's the rub for tankers. Great enough to get some picks at the deadline but that defeats the tank because he will be helping us score goals and win games. Can't have it both ways. Throw some goals by Grigs and Samson and we may show some offense.

And there's the rub for tankers. Great enough to get some picks at the deadline but that defeats the tank because he will be helping us score goals and win games. Can't have it both ways. Throw some goals by Grigs and Samson and we may show some offense.

It won't matter. He'll be one player in a sea of incompetence. So, he scores 30 goals? That alone won't be enough to lift us out of the basement considering they'll be no Miller to keep us in games. Then we'll ship him out at the deadline, hopefully, and ensure the tank by dropping the rest of the remaining games. Don't forget, we had Vanek during the beginning of the season and were still in last place.

If we had dark socks for gym class, we would be docked as an absence. The theory is the dark dye would be more apt to run and clog your pores. Gyms being bacteria laden with all the sweat, easy for a clogged pimple to turn into infection.

I was just goofing more than anything, but that was a thing back in the day.

I remember it well. Mr. B13 , our P.E. instructor wouldn't allow anyone near his gymnasium with coloured socks. Had to be white or he'd blow the whistle and make the entire class do pushups or some other draconian form of punishment. Needless to say the Kramers of the class knew better than to show up sporting their black dress socks.

The NHL talent is lacking, but the system has a lot of possibilities at pretty much every level and position.

This is what it looks like at the moment:

NHL veterans:

Moulson/Ennis/Stafford

Foligno/Hodgson/Stewart

Flynn/Girgensons/Gionta

Kaleta/McCormick/Mitchell

Ellis

Myers/Gorges

Meszaros/

Weber/

Enroth

Neuvirth

AHLers looking for NHL work:

Larsson/Dalpe/Adam

Deslauriers/Grigorenko/Armia

Carrier/Varone/Catenacci

Sundher/Schaller/Samuels-Thomas

Kea/Jacobs

Ristolainen/Pysyk

McCabe/Ruhwedel

Strachan/Bagnall

Gauthier/Austin

Hackett

Lieuwen

Makarov

Juniors/college/overseas:

Lemieux/Reinhart/Fasching

Baptiste/Compher/Bailey

Karabacek/Hurley /Cornel

Willman/Malone/Possler

Zadorov

Martin/Florentino

Ullmark

Johanson

Peterson

Edited by dudacek

Good info. Thanks boys.

In that case, I too am pretty intrigued about Carrier in Rochester.

13 – William Carrier

LW, Rochester Americans (AHL)

6’1” | 194 lbs.

2013 (2nd round, 57th overall - STL)

If there is a dark horse to force his way into an NHL role quickly, Carrier is it, and it could happen before the calendar hits 2015. A gritty, instinctive producer who will hit the high traffic zones, the Quebecer’s track to the top league may come down to simply staying healthy. A high ankle sprain sidelined the winger in his draft year, and while staying healthy throughout 2013-14, he again battled the lower body blues in the playoffs.

Carrier has good speed, great hands in tight and proves tough along the wall. Most importantly, he launches a lot of shots at the net, many of them at rocket velocity. There is a reason the Blues packaged picks to move up to get him at the 2013 draft, and there is a reason Tim Murray insisted that he was included in the Miller/Ott return. Carrier plays the game the right way.

I am sure this was posted when we got Carrier but I thought I would toss it out again for those of you looking to see him in Rochester or Buffalo this season:

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/26/william-carrier-2013-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-45/

Carrier cycles the puck extremely well down low, and finds openings to cut to the net. He has soft hands when he gets there and scores a lot of goals in tight either through this cutting to the net, or by standing in front with rebounds and tip-ins. Carrier also has good vision and can be an excellent playmaker, especially out of the cycle. A pure powerforward, he wins battles along the boards, and loves to throw his weight around on the forecheck.

i think carrier is the most underrated prospect that we have… guy plays a pro style game and has been hampered buy injuries the last couple years. people view him as just a toss in in the miller/ott trade but he is anything but. he was a second rounder in last years unbelievably deep draft and st louis traded up to draft him there. he certainly has potential I'm excited to see him in rochester this year.

i think carrier is the most underrated prospect that we have… guy plays a pro style game and has been hampered buy injuries the last couple years. people view him as just a toss in in the miller/ott trade but he is anything but. he was a second rounder in last years unbelievably deep draft and st louis traded up to draft him there. he certainly has potential I'm excited to see him in rochester this year.

I think after prospect camp, Willman deserves that prize more.

Will be fun to see Rochester americans games though :D

Edited by Heimdall

This is more of a 2015/16 Roster post but anyways....

I was thinking that the Sabres would have the heaviest group of forwards by the 2015 / 16 season but now I am not so sure.

Here is a possible line-up (you can all argue who or who wont be here by then and I am sure you will) but here is my line-up.

Height Weight Line A LW Reinhart 73 193 C Eichel 74 193 RW Baptiste 73 204 Line B LW Fashing 74 212 C Grigorenko 75 219 RW Gionta 67 176 Line C LW Foligno 75 223 C Girgensons 73 200 RW Stewart 74 231 Line D LW Hodgson 72 192 C Ennis 69 169 RW Moulson 73 200

This group would average 6'05 inches and a weight of 201lbs. Now hopefully, a couple of the youngests would add a few lbs but in comparison the LA Kings top 13 forwards averaged 208lbs and only had 1 player (Mike Richards) under 6'1.

Now if you add Aremia add take out Gionta you would average 6'1 and 203lbs.

I was thinking that the Sabres would have the heaviest group of forwards by the 2015 / 16 season but now I am not so sure.

Here is a possible line-up (you can all argue who or who wont be here by then and I am sure you will) but here is my line-up.

Height Weight Line A LW Reinhart 73 193 C Eichel 74 193 RW Baptiste 73 204 Line B LW Fashing 74 212 C Grigorenko 75 219 RW Gionta 67 176 Line C LW Foligno 75 223 C Girgensons 73 200 RW Stewart 74 231 Line D LW Hodgson 72 192 C Ennis 69 169 RW Moulson 73 200

This group would average 6'05 inches and a weight of 201lbs. Now hopefully, a couple of the youngests would add a few lbs but in comparison the LA Kings top 13 forwards averaged 208lbs and only had 1 player (Mike Richards) under 6'1.

2 things. 1) Sam Reinhart as a LW at any point in his career is highly unlikely. The game he plays and the skills don't translate him to a winger. 2) As you say the younger guys will add a few lbs but I am not sure why it matters if our forwards average out to 201 or 208. Either way that is a solid and heavy forward group.

My 15-16 lineup, without really adding anybody major other than a draft choice:

Moulson-Reinhart-Hodgson

Ennis-Eichel-Armia

Girgensons-Grigorenko-Gionta

Foligno-Larsson-Flynn

Myers-Gorges

Risto-Zadorov

McCabe-Pysyk

Could see a situation where Eichel plays wing on line one with Reinhart and then Grigorenko/Girgensons play the 2nd-3rd line centers. However, if we want to really be deep up the middle then Girgensons may be more likely to move.

My 15-16 lineup, without really adding anybody major other than a draft choice:

Moulson-Reinhart-Hodgson

Ennis-Eichel-Armia

Girgensons-Grigorenko-Gionta

Foligno-Larsson-Flynn

Myers-Gorges

Risto-Zadorov

McCabe-Pysyk

Could see a situation where Eichel plays wing on line one with Reinhart and then Grigorenko/Girgensons play the 2nd-3rd line centers. However, if we want to really be deep up the middle then Girgensons may be more likely to move.

That third line

2 things. 1) Sam Reinhart as a LW at any point in his career is highly unlikely. The game he plays and the skills don't translate him to a winger. 2) As you say the younger guys will add a few lbs but I am not sure why it matters if our forwards average out to 201 or 208. Either way that is a solid and heavy forward group.

I agree Reinhart is a natural centre, but he played W at last year's WJC and played it well.

IMO, he's a better choice than Grigorenko to move to the wall, despite Grigorenko's size.

Edited by dudacek

Reinhart played wing and had a great tourney for Team Canada ona line with McDavid

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.