Nolan's coaching staff finalized: Bryan Trottier, Danny Flynn, Tom Coolen and Arturs Irbe

26CornerBlitz

Yeah, waiting for the market to set .........

He's got his own website. So far he's traded shoelaces for shoes, shoes for pants, pants for a used bicycle, a used bicycle for a metal beer cooler,

he's gonna own an NHL franchise by 2018.

Edited by X. Benedict

• 2 weeks later...

Background on Eli Wilson

Having elevated the games of current National Hockey League goaltenders Carey Price, Ray Emery, Tim Thomas, Tuukka Rask, Brian Elliott, Jason LaBarbera, and Devan Dubnyk. Eli Wilson has established himself as one of the premier goaltending coaches in the world. His relentless work ethic, vivacious personality, knowledge of the goaltending position and tenacious approach to the game has afforded Eli the ability to build an impressive track record.

Wilson had unprecedented success for four seasons with the Western Hockey League’s Medicine Hat Tigers. While there, Wilson’s goaltenders set new franchise records only to break them again two years later. During Eli’s tenure, the Tigers won two Championships and in both of those runs, the Medicine Hat goalies were named playoff MVP’s.

Eli's success as a goaltending coach is best demonstrated by the number of goaltenders he has developed that have gone on to win numerous prestigious awards including Stanley Cups, Conn Smythe Trophies, Venzina Trophies, World Junior Gold Medals, AHL Championships, AHL Playoff MVP's, WHL Goaltender of the Year, OHL Goaltender of the Year and CHL Goaltender of the Year.

Interesting that there have been nothing new on this front. We are getting pretty close to training camp, and Mr. Nolan has a LIMITED staff...

I think that Murray moves in his own time on these things. Look how long it took to get Nolan done. They may have contracts out that haven't been finalized. Draft and free agency first. I bet Nolan has his staff, it just isn't finalized in writing.

I think that Murray moves in his own time on these things. Look how long it took to get Nolan done. They may have contracts out that haven't been finalized. Draft and free agency first. I bet Nolan has his staff, it just isn't finalized in writing.

Agreed. It could be that Murray's a tunnel-vision type of worker. He may want to almost exclusively concentrate on the most pressing thing at the time.

For instance with Nolan: he had other things to do (trade deadline, scouting), but he told Nolan (and stated publicly) that he'd offer him a contract soon. He'd already made up his mind about keeping Nolan, but he wanted to put off negotiation. (Nolan may have also taken some time to consider the contract after PLF, etc too, I realize)

Could be the same thing for assistant coaches: the draft comes first. The free agency period comes second. Then when that smoke clears, he's got about two months to work out coaches with Nolan. It may be just the way he works.

Goalie guild?

But I'm unsure what this has to do with TM. Isn't it mainly TN's job to pick his own coaches? Surely TM isn't going to impose any coaches on TN and I'm unsure why he just couldn't sign off on it now, draft or no draft.

The meddling starts at the top and is obviously ingrained in the organizational structure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.