Nolan's coaching staff finalized: Bryan Trottier, Danny Flynn, Tom Coolen and Arturs Irbe

26CornerBlitz

Nolan's choices (and that's what they are, PA (or may I call you 'short leash?')) are curious ones. Dare I say these choices belong in the ZFG thread? I do dare say.

Others have said it: this staff may be equipped to effect the culture change that has been widely discussed and desired. I'm not so sure. It could be tough to change culture when you're getting out X and O'd most nights.

The subject of culture change also brings to mind for me an interview that Reed did over the HOF weekend with Murphy. It was the most specific thing I've heard about 'culture change' in a pro sports locker room -- Reed flat-out said that the Bills' culture changed when they became the 'bickering Bills' and guys on the team were prepared to have fist fights (not that training camp tussle stuff) over someone's lack of commitment.

And while I'm wary of false idols, that comment also prompted me to think of the way in which Drury shut off the locker room stereo, death stared guys into the weight room after a practice, and had many players change their diets on game day.

The difference between winning and losing in pro sports can be rather impolite, it seems.

Good post.

Will this coaching staff be able to draw out some complicated diagrams and be all strategy and X's and O's? No.

Will this coaching staff rip out your jugular and beat you with it if you don't give 100% all the time and battle? Yes.

I'm not really sure about all the X's and O's stuff, i think this one doesn't work without "compete" anyways.

In any sport, if you don't work for it, all the tactics in the book don't matter. And im sure in this coaching staff, there is an X and O guy.

I'm not really sure about all the X's and O's stuff, i think this one doesn't work without "compete" anyways.

In any sport, if you don't work for it, all the tactics in the book don't matter. And im sure in this coaching staff, there is an X and O guy.

I'm sorry but is your avatar a tank being jumped while a little girl runs away? :w00t:

Stumbled across this interesting piece by the CBC on Trottier, his Metis aboriginal heritage, and confidence issues as a young player.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bryan-trottier-teaches-aboriginal-kids-about-leadership-1.2501717

"I wanted to play like Jean Beliveau, and Gilbert Perreault, and Stan Mikita, and I didn't do any of those. But I hope I stuck a little bit of their game into my game..."

Stumbled across this interesting piece by the CBC on Trottier, his Metis aboriginal heritage, and confidence issues as a young player.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...rship-1.2501717

"I wanted to play like Jean Beliveau, and Gilbert Perreault, and Stan Mikita, and I didn't do any of those. But I hope I stuck a little bit of their game into my game..."

Yeah frakker will fit into buffalo very well, he'll put down anyone who thinks he is better than the team before any fan can.

I'm sorry but is your avatar a tank being jumped while a little girl runs away? :w00t:

oh yeah aud got you there, learn your meme's pal

Awww man Aud just scored like 6 internet points against Liger.

So glad i found this pic though, when things turn bad in game , this one will remind me while im still watching.

Oh, dear Lord, who or what is that?

Is this like that picture of the girl smiling in front of the burning house that kept popping up everywhere?

future-generations_o_953937.jpg

to be fair its one of the lesser known memes

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.