GDT: Buffalo at St. Louis 4-3-14 at 8:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

@BNHarrington

#Sabres Edge (w/audio) -- McCabe on NHL debut: 'This is the place I wanted to go' http://bit.ly/1fP7sDv

Hockey Heaven at last.

Seriously... you have lots of top prospects just lickin' their chops for an opportunity to make an impact on an NHL team. They love it. If they were in the Blackhawks system, they'd be in juniors and the AHL for years. With the Sabres they can expect a nominal stint on the farm and if they kick ass they will be moved up to the big club. I can see where prospects would be excited to be with this organization. And if that feel good vibe permeates out into the league at all, maybe the Sabres can attract a quality veteran free agent or two.

At the trade deadline I was hopeful that some of the players that were traded would come back as free agents, but now I'm ready for the youth movement. If Ott or Moulson or whoever returns that's great, but the future is in the youth.

Seriously... you have lots of top prospects just lickin' their chops for an opportunity to make an impact on an NHL team. They love it. If they were in the Blackhawks system, they'd be in juniors and the AHL for years. With the Sabres they can expect a nominal stint on the farm and if they kick ass they will be moved up to the big club. I can see where prospects would be excited to be with this organization. And if that feel good vibe permeates out into the league at all, maybe the Sabres can attract a quality veteran free agent or two.

The only problem is very few 20-year-olds have any choice in the matter. I like McCabe's statement, but he was either playing in the Sabres system or college for another year (at which point he'd be UFA (right?)), so it's not like he's really choosing the Sabres over anything else. Perhaps there might be a player that forgoes signing a contract at 20 to play their last year in college and then signs with the Sabres, but that's a tall order. You flash more money than most of us will make in a decade in front of a 20-year-old and he'd probably skate wherever you tell him.

@ChrisRyndak

Nathan Lieuwen leads the #Sabres out onto the ice here in St. Louis. Mike Weber is skating in warmups. No Stafford. No Tallinder.

#Sabres line rushes:

Leino-Ennis-D'Agostini

Hodgson-Girgensons-Flynn

Foligno-Larsson-Deslauriers

Scott-Ellis-Conacher

#Sabres Defense:

Ehrhoff-Ristolainen

Weber-McBain

McCabe-Ruhwedel

Lieuwen in goal

With Stafford and Tallinder out, both Ennis and Hodgson are wearing an A.

Finally, as far as I'm concerned. The younger guys are the future.

I haven't slept in days. I deliberately over-served myself in response. I'm going to try to drift off to this game; goodnight, all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.