Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Cutler is a cancer. He gives up, he ain't tough, and he can't hack it in tough games that matter. He is no better than Orton.

Also, Tank, I do believe I told you so regarding this defense being better. like you said tho, you win some you lose some.

The last two games will determine how much better they are. (third hall of fame qb in 4 weeks...)

Cutler absolutely sucks, and has a big chip on his shoulder/attitude.

Let's say he's equal to Orton.... well then, it makes sense to keep Orton, because Cutler will demand more money.

All one need to is look at Denver pre and post Cutler. Denver doing a lot better WITHOUT Cutler than with him. I think that tells us all we need to know about that sad sack.

Orton's career average passer rating is 81 - Cutler's is 85 - not much of an upgrade, if any.

Bills need a QB that is more talented and better than either Orton or Cutler.

Edited by Jsixspd

Let's say he's equal to Orton.... well then, it makes sense to keep Orton, because Cutler will demand more money.

All one need to is look at Denver pre and post Cutler. Denver doing a lot better WITHOUT Cutler than with him. I think that tells us all we need to know about that sad sack.

Remind me again who Denver brought in to replace him? I can't think of his name, but he couldn't possibly have anything to do with Denver's current winning ways, right?

Orton's career average passer rating is 81 - Cutler's is 85 - not much of an upgrade, if any.

Bills need a QB that is more talented and better than either Orton or Cutler.

The post-Cutler stuff is funny... Of course they're better with Peyton Manning.

They won a terrible AFC West at 8-8 the year after he left. They were 8-8 two of his three previous years.

Cutler just got benched for Jimmy Clausen. This is nothing other than them protecting the trade asset. His days in Chicago are over. And that's probably the best news he's ever heard.

We've got the defense to support a QB like Cutler.

I cant believe people think cutler sucks.

I can see the argument due to the turnovers. But it is my strong opinion that he doesn't. He's in a ###### situation. He wouldn't be in one here. Maybe he and Marrone would be the perfect match? Ultra-conservative meets gunslinger. Put them in a pot and you get the balance of the two.

He's a coach killer.

Based on what?

The Bears haven't done him many favors. They hired Mike Martz who was vocal as an analyst about how he doesn't like Cutler. Great match there.

Aaron Kromer goes public with his problems like a buffoon...

Edited by Tank

Cutler is a gun slinger and is going to throw around 15 INTs a year. Doesn't mean he sucks. This year his team is garbage and his INTs inflated compared to past few years, oh well. I don't know how you think someone who completes over 65% of passes, almost 4K yards and 30 TDs sucks. If you want to watch a terrible QB go watch Orton.

Bills fans would absolutely hate cutler for his style, even though he'd be the best quarterback we've had in a long long time. We would easily be a playoff team.

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

Cutler is a gun slinger and is going to throw around 15 INTs a year. Doesn't mean he sucks. This year his team is garbage and his INTs inflated compared to past few years, oh well. I don't know how you think someone who completes over 65% of passes, almost 4K yards and 30 TDs sucks. If you want to watch a terrible QB go watch Orton.

Bills fans would absolutely hate cutler for his style, even though he'd be the best quarterback we've had in a long long time. We would easily be a playoff team.

This is exactly it. He's not going to come here and suddenly become super careful with the football. He's going to have a few throws per game that he makes because he has too much confidence in his arm--that's just not going to go away for a QB who is 31 years old. But he's also going to make some plays with his arm that no Bills QB has had the ability to do since the half season of Bledsoe (before Belichick broke him). I think we have the defense to compensate for his flaws, but we definitely shouldn't pretend his flaws are going to vanish simply because he has a defense. The question is whether, on balance, the plays he can make will be enough to offset those brain farts.

I think he's an upgrade over what we have, I really don't think there's a better option out there (in the realm of possibility, anyway), and I think he can get us to the playoffs. But I'm definitely not of the belief that he makes us contenders for the division as long as Brady is upright and employed by the Patriots.

People who thinks he sucks or is horrific, can you name 15/20 QBs better than him?

Luck

Roethlisberger

Brees

Manning

Ryan

Brady

Rodgers

Stafford

Rivers

Wilson

Romo

Those 11, no doubt.

12-20 Would be the average QB range, can anyone push him out of that range?

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

People who thinks he sucks or is horrific, can you name 15/20 QBs better than him?

Luck

Roethlisberger

Brees

Manning

Ryan

Brady

Rodgers

Stafford

Rivers

Wilson

Romo

Those 11, no doubt.

12-20 Would be the average QB range, can anyone push him out of that range?

Those are the definitive guys. I would say Flacco is probably better, too. After that it's a battle between Eli and Cutler for the next slot. He's a top 16 QB, for sure.

With Cutler, doesn't it come down to the price to get him, and the other QBs who are available? If it costs a 3rd-round pick to get him in trade, and the other options are Hoyer and RG3, would anyone here really say no to giving Cutler a shot to unseat Orton?

With Cutler, doesn't it come down to the price to get him, and the other QBs who are available? If it costs a 3rd-round pick to get him in trade, and the other options are Hoyer and RG3, would anyone here really say no to giving Cutler a shot to unseat Orton?

Apparently most bills fans would rather stick with orton

For me, it comes down to the cost of Cutler vs. RG3. I think I'd rather have RG3...he's definitely riskier, but I think the upside is better.

Edit: As an addendum to this, I can't imagine anyone wanting to sign Hoyer--he's not better than Orton, and may actually be worse.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

I remember the Ravens winning a Super Bowl with Dilfer. If the Bills a

defense gets better next year(Kiko), all they need is a serviceable QB. It can work. Teach Orton to make better reads and passes on the Blitz and he can work.

Edited by wjag

I remember the Ravens winning a Super Bowl with Dilfer. If the Bills a

defense gets better next year(Kiko), all they need is a serviceable QB. It can work. Teach Orton to make better reads and passes on the Blitz and he can work.

He has like 82 career starts at this point, do you honestly believe he's going to start learning things he hasn't yet?

I would take either of those guys before giving up any draft pick for Cutler.

I'm a little confused on what you're saying here.

I'm not sure there is a solution in FA/Trade that will net a long term solution at QB. The players have rallied around Orton, and they respect him as a leader for the vet he is. I don't know if trading that away, and then some, for RG3/Cutler is worth it.