Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

Fleury got a shut out last night - that's Fleury's 4th shut out just this season.

I like to point out periodically that Miller doesn't have any shutouts yet this season. Nor any last season. In fact, if his shutout drought continues, in March it will be a full two calendar years since Miller has earned one.

Of course, that's not Miller's fault. It never is. :)

Fleury got a shut out last night - that's Fleury's 4th shut out just this season.

I like to point out periodically that Miller doesn't have any shutouts yet this season. Nor any last season. In fact, if his shutout drought continues, in March it will be a full two calendar years since Miller has earned one.

Of course, that's not Miller's fault. It never is. :)

You have witnessed the D or lack thereof that has been in front of him?

I'm just looking for a substantial case to be put on the table. I never start these threads, I never bring them to the top. Nor do I even mention Miller in GDT's. Hell, I've gotten deragatory private messages from people for simply responding to Miller threads even though I wasn't even the one to start it. Yet for some reason people go into attack mode against me whenever the topic comes up. For a forum that claims to be so analytical, precise and logical, emotion seems to throw all that out the window whenever I ask for specifics and facts.

I gave you the most important fact at all when it comes to sports -- wins -- and you completely blew it off.

The broader point is that there is a reason that the team wins more with Miller than it does with Enroth. It's the same reason that Miller gets (slightly) better goal support than Enroth does, and it's the same reason that 3 NHL coaches have chosen Miller as the #1 and Enroth as #2 (heh).

It's not just about save %.

The 5v5 numbers on that page don't make any sense. They have miller at .925 for 5v5, but he's .926 overall, which would mean he would have to have a BETTER save % on the pk than even strength.

We are missing something about those numbers.

Maybe it's the save % on the PP -- presumably that will be better than a goalie's save % during 5x5?

1. No one thinks Enroth is better than Miller

2. Miller has been a consistently good to occasionally very good (Olympics cough cough) goalie over the years.

3. He gets fired up in Olympic years. It floats his boat.

There is nothing else to see here. Never has been. For the love of God, make it stop. Shut up, Sam. Shut up!!!!!!!!

2. Miller has been a consistently good to occasionally very good (Olympics cough cough) goalie over the years.

There is nothing else to see here. Never has been. For the love of God, make it stop. Shut up, Sam. Shut up!!!!!!!!

You just made Bocce Ball's list!

Thank you.

I'm just looking for a substantial case to be put on the table. I never start these threads, I never bring them to the top. Nor do I even mention Miller in GDT's. Hell, I've gotten deragatory private messages from people for simply responding to Miller threads even though I wasn't even the one to start it. Yet for some reason people go into attack mode against me whenever the topic comes up. For a forum that claims to be so analytical, precise and logical, emotion seems to throw all that out the window whenever I ask for specifics and facts.

Because there have been countless posts about how Millers SV% has been stable for years. His 5v5 never dips low. His rebound control is excellent. Every coach, scout, commentator says he is good. We use all those arguments but still are told by you and others repeatedly we are wrong and need to make a real argument. Ryan Miller has not had a sv% below .915 since 2008. He has been a 65+ game gt during that time. He is consistent, and that is was makes him better than Enroth. Miller is a machine when it comes to his numbers and his games. Enroth is inconsistent. I like Enroth and he will be the starter here soon but Ryan Miller is still better than him.

Miller's trade value starts at a 1st and a prospect. Anything less is a disappointment.

Anyone disagree?

I think it's going to come down to how much a team NEEDS a rental goalie. I think a 1st and a prospect is a reasonable return from a desperate team. But one that maybe isn't so desperate? A 2nd and a prospect is more likely.

Miller's trade value starts at a 1st and a prospect. Anything less is a disappointment.

Anyone disagree?

I'm hoping for a similar return to the Pominville trade. A young goalie, a good forward propect and a mid to late first round pick (obviously depends on where other team finishes).

Because there have been countless posts about how Millers SV% has been stable for years. His 5v5 never dips low. His rebound control is excellent. Every coach, scout, commentator says he is good. We use all those arguments but still are told by you and others repeatedly we are wrong and need to make a real argument. Ryan Miller has not had a sv% below .915 since 2008. He has been a 65+ game gt during that time. He is consistent, and that is was makes him better than Enroth. Miller is a machine when it comes to his numbers and his games. Enroth is inconsistent. I like Enroth and he will be the starter here soon but Ryan Miller is still better than him.

Most of what you just said there, I have said the exact same thing.......... repeatedly. Just like every other poster you want to twist my words in order to protect Wonder Boy. His 5v5 stats don't fluctutate much, but as has been pointed out, they aren't that good. He consistently is average to slightly above average for three years. His atttiude sucks. He is part of the core that everybody wanted to eliminate. Read what I have to say for a change and stop twisting my words. We might actually get somewhere.

For the record, over the last three years combined, Enroth has a better 5v5 save percentage.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Most of what you just said there, I have said the exact same thing.......... repeatedly. Just like every other poster you want to twist my words in order to protect Wonder Boy. His 5v5 stats don't fluctutate much, but as has been pointed out, they aren't that good. He consistently is average to slightly above average for three years. His atttiude sucks. He is part of the core that everybody wanted to eliminate. Read what I have to say for a change and stop twisting my words. We might actually get somewhere.

For the record, over the last three years combined, Enroth has a better 5v5 save percentage.

See I'm twisting words now. Miller is slight over average because he is always average or above. Always. Look around the league. Most gt go way up and way down. Enroth for instance this year is down. Also until Enroth plays 60 games a season we can't know how he will be.

Miller has started 528 games and has a career .916 sv%

Enroth has started 60games and has a career .913 sv%

Ryan Miller is better and has been better than Enroth.

Here lets add more to the reasons Miller has proven skill and Enroth doesn't

Miller 16,078shots faced 14,722saves (12,934 more saves than Enroth)

Enroth 1,958shots faced 1,788saves

Edited by LGR4GM

See I'm twisting words now. Miller is slight over average because he is always average or above. Always. Look around the league. Most gt go way up and way down. Enroth for instance this year is down. Also until Enroth plays 60 games a season we can't know how he will be.

Miller has started 528 games and has a career .916 sv%

Enroth has started 60games and has a career .913 sv%

Ryan Miller is better and has been better than Enroth.

Yes, you're twisting my words. And now you're spinning stats. When I prove you wrong, you just throw out more stats.

Damn, only three thousandths. Somebody deserves a raise. I suppose it would be too much to ask to use Miller's first four years as a true comparison since the rookie year has more bearing on the overall save percentage. But that would make Miller look bad.

You're still arguing that I think Enroth is so much better than Miller. Until you go back and read my posts, we're done here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.