GDT: Phoenix at Buffalo 12-23-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

133517131_slide.jpg

PHX (19-10-6) at BUF (9-24-3) – MON DEC 23 – 7:00 PM EST – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons

27 Matt D’Agostini – 9 Steve Ott ("C") – 21 Drew Stafford

37 Matt Ellis – 65 Brian Flynn – 22 Johan Larsson

X: 19 Cody Hodgson, 23 Ville Leino, 82 Marcus Foligno, 17 Linus Omark

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 3 Mark Pysyk

4 Jamie McBain – 6 Mike Weber

32 John Scott

X: 52 Alexander Sulzer

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

F Cody Hodgson (UBI), D Chad Ruhwedel, and D/F John Scott were scratches in Saturday's 4-1 loss at Boston.

F Cody McCormick is expected to miss 4-6 weeks (UBI).

F Cody Hodgson could miss up to 3 weeks (UBI).

F Kevin Porter was inured (LBI) in the game at Boston and was placed on IR.

Weekly Transactions

12/17: F Kevin Porter and D Chad Ruhwedel recalled from Rochester (AHL).

12/17: F Luke Adam, D Mark Pysyk, and D Brayden McNabb assigned to Rochester (AHL).

12/17: D Alexander Sulzer activated from IR; F Cody McCormick (UBI) placed on IR.

12/19: F Linus Omark acquired from Edmonton for a conditional 2014 6th round pick.

12/23: D Mark Pysyk and F Johan Larsson recalled from Rochester (AHL)

12/23: D Chad Ruhwedel assigned to Rochester (AHL)

12/23: F Kevin Porter (LBI) placed on IR.

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo is 4-4-2. Matt Moulson has two goals and one assist in the past four games.

Phoenix Coyotes coyote.gif

Final Lineup

89 Mikkel Boedker – 50 Antoine Vermette ("A") – 36 Rob Klinkhammer

34 Tim Kennedy – 11 Martin Hanzal ("A") – 17 Radim Vrbata

12 Paul Bissonnette – 63 Mike Robiero – 18 David Moss

28 Lauri Korpikoski – 24 Kyle Chipchura - 14 Jeff Halpern

X: 8 Gilbert Brule, 29 Jordan Szwarz

5 Connor Murphy – 23 Oliver Ekman-Larsson

3 Keith Yandle ("A") – 53 Derek Morris

26 Michael Stone – 16 Rostislav Klesla

X: 2 David Rundblad

41 Mike Smith

1 Thomas Greiss

Lineup News & Notes

Phoenix scratched D David Rundblad, F Paul Bissonnette, and F Jeff Halpern in Saturday's 4-3 OT win at Ottawa.

F Shane Doan (Illness), D 4 Zbynek Michalek (LBI), and D David Schlemko are on IR.

Weekly Transactions

12/18: Placed D Zbynek Michalek on IR.

12/19: Placed D David Schlemko on IR; Recalled D Rostislav Klesla from Portland (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Phoenix is 4-4-2. Mikkel Boedker has three goals and three assists in the past six games.

PREGAME LINKS

12/22 – Ted Nolan on Linus Omark’s Sabres debut: ‘He has to be better’ (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/22 – Coyotes after important two points against Sabres (Brian Hunter - NHL.com)

12/22 – Phoenix Coyotes’ trip East evened up as swing ends Monday (Sarah McLellan – azcentral.com)

12/23 – Game Preview: 12/23/13 vs. Phoenix Coyotes (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/23 – Press Clips: 12/23/13 vs Phoenix Coyotes (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/23 – Coyotes vs Sabres Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/22 – Dave Tippett answers questions after the team's practice Sunday in Buffalo. <1:36>

12/22 – Tim Kennedy answers questions after the team's practice Sunday in Buffalo. <3:03>

12/23 – South Buffalo native Tim Kennedy playing regularly with Coyotes, ready to face Sabres (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/23 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Monday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <6:54>

12/23 – THE MORNING SKATE: FLU BUG BITES SEVERAL SABRES (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/23 – Dan Dunleavy previews Monday night's game against the Coyotes at First Niagara Center. <2:51>

12/23 – Dave Tippett answers questions after the team's morning skate on Monday in Buffalo. <1:46>

12/23 – Steve Ott speaks with the media following Monday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <4:17>

12/23 – Mark Pysyk speaks with the media following Monday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <2:04>

12/23 – Johan Larsson speaks with the media following Monday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <1:42>

12/23 – Joe Sacco speaks with Dan Dunleavy prior to Monday night's game against the Coyotes at First Niagara Center. <1:03>

POSTGAME LINKS

12/23 SHORT-HANDED SABRES COME AWAY WITH BIZARRE OT VICTORY (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/23 Dan Dunleavy recaps Monday night's 2-1 win against the Coyotes <2:38>

12/23 – Ted Nolan talks to reporters after Buffalo's 2-1 OT win over Phoenix <4:08>

12/23 – Mark Pysyk talks to the media after scoring a unique GWG in Buffalo's 2-1 OT win over Phoenix <1:30>

12/23 – Zemgus Girgensons talks to MSG's Brian Duff following Buffalo's 2-1 OT win over Phoenix <1:27>

12/23 – John Scott talks to the media after Buffalo's 2-1 OT win over Phoenix <1:02>

12/23 PANTS PARTY <1:18>

Once again 26CB brings his *A* game to the GDT.

Let's hope the Sabres do the same.

I've been tempted to beat 26CB to the punch, but it would end up something like ...

*GDT - The Sabres are playing some other team, someplace, sometime today, I think?*

So, I never do it.

Once again 26CB brings his *A* game to the GDT.

Let's hope the Sabres do the same.

I've been tempted to beat 26CB to the punch, but it would end up something like ...

*GDT - The Sabres are playing some other team, someplace, sometime today, I think?*

So, I never do it.

Thank You Kind Sir.

Boston back to back was fun because there seemed to be something on the line. Games like tonight put me back into a really could not care less mode.....

The Coyotes don't exactly elicit emotion since they are rarely seen. Haven't faced the Sabres in over two years (11/19/11).

With Porter out, does Scott dress tonight?

Teddy said after the Bruins game on Saturday night that only 1 line plus a few other guys had hustled during that game -- it sounded like he felt like that was the primary reason for the loss.

While the loss -- and the presence of passengers -- were disappointing, I liked Teddy's reaction. He is creating higher expectations.

Let's see if the players internalize those expectations and come back with a better top-to-bottom effort.

With Porter out, does Scott dress tonight?

Teddy said after the Bruins game on Saturday night that only 1 line plus a few other guys had hustled during that game -- it sounded like he felt like that was the primary reason for the loss.

While the loss -- and the presence of passengers -- were disappointing, I liked Teddy's reaction. He is creating higher expectations.

Let's see if the players internalize those expectations and come back with a better top-to-bottom effort.

@SamKorotkin

Welcome back @mpysyk03 to the @BuffaloSabres who just took the ice for morning skate pic.twitter.com/mLLuWvX4gc

@BuffaloSabres

8 forwards at #Sabres optional #GameDay skate: D'Agostini, Ellis, Ennis, Flynn, Girgensons, Ott, Moulson, Stafford.

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres defensemen at optional #GameDay skate: Ehrhoff, McBain, Myers, Pysyk. Scott also skating as D-man.

12/22 – Dave Tippett answers questions after the team's practice Sunday in Buffalo. <1:36>

12/22 – Tim Kennedy answers questions after the team's practice Sunday in Buffalo. <3:03>

@BillHoppeNHL

Looks like Chad Ruhwedel is back in Rochester. #Sabres

@pham1717

Larsson is here but not skating

12/23 – South Buffalo native Tim Kennedy playing regularly with Coyotes, ready to face Sabres (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

Perfect storm:

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 7m

If Sabres' sick guys can't play, team won't have option of calling up anyone. The Amerks are off to Switzerland for Spengler Cup.

Looks like we're finally going to see that Foligno82-inkman-26CornerBlitz line. Get to the rink, men!

I'll probably get ejected for cross checking someone in the face...if I can catch them. I can't really turn or stop, is that going to be a problem?

Archived