GDT: Montreal at Buffalo 11-27-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

In defense of 716, Myers is second in the league in minor penalties with 17 (only Dustin Byfuglien has more). He has looked a lot better lately, but all those penalties are a killer.

The play 716 referred to wasn't a penalty. It was called one, but it was a good hit poorly called by officials. Does he have the same problem with Tyler Ennis? His penalty was far worse an egregious than Myers' faux penalty.

In defense of 716, Myers is second in the league in minor penalties with 17 (only Dustin Byfuglien has more). He has looked a lot better lately, but all those penalties are a killer.

Myers has also been getting a really bad break with the penalties being called on him.

The play 716 referred to wasn't a penalty. It was called one, but it was a good hit poorly called by officials. Does he have the same problem with Tyler Ennis? His penalty was far worse an egregious than Myers' faux penalty.

I'm not talking about any play in particular... but Myers is a penalty-taking machine!

I'll take any penalty where he is being aggressive. That pays dividends far greater than killing 2 min.

Me too! Chara never would have been called on that play. At this point, keep Myers unleashed and let him build on it. Nolan has been doing an incredible job letting each guy do what they do best instead of forcing them to be the types of players they aren't. Forget the scores right now, putting together a string of wins isn't far off.

Myers stops playing like a sissy , people still not happy

I'd comment, but I'd probably get yelled at. :angel:

I'll take any penalty where he is being aggressive. That pays dividends far greater than killing 2 min.

I agree, I also believed that Myers is marked (what's new he's a Sabre) and he has to be a little more careful with getting the stick high, being he's so tall. If he crooschecks a player a little lower in the back, it won't look as bad as when he get them between the shoulder blades.

The PK has been terrible recently, Kaleta would certainly make it better. I can't help but think the league has talked to LaFontaine and Nolan about keeping Kaleta out of the league.

Me too! Chara never would have been called on that play. At this point, keep Myers unleashed and let him build on it. Nolan has been doing an incredible job letting each guy do what they do best instead of forcing them to be the types of players they aren't. Forget the scores right now, putting together a string of wins isn't far off.

That was one of my complaints about Ruff's last 4 or 5 years here. You could see the players thinking too much instead of reacting, they always seemed a half step behind because Ruff's "system". Yes, you need to be smart and cerebral on the ice but hockey more than anything is a reactionary sport because of it's speed.

I agree, I also believed that Myers is marked (what's new he's a Sabre) and he has to be a little more careful with getting the stick high, being he's so tall. If he crooschecks a player a little lower in the back, it won't look as bad as when he get them between the shoulder blades.

The PK has been terrible recently, Kaleta would certainly make it better. I can't help but think the league has talked to LaFontaine and Nolan about keeping Kaleta out of the league.

Which is funny, cause that's the excuse the Chara-apologists always dig out "It looks worse because he's so big, of course that's not a penalty".

"He never meant to crosscheck him in the back of the neck, he's so tall to him that's chest-level".

I'm sure we could go with these all day :flirt:

I think Myers has "slow eyes." He's late to understand what's going on. Before, he just stood around passively and watched other players attack our net. Now he's taking penalties that don't prevent anything, the penalties are after the play. Nolan has him being aggressive and that's good. Maybe a year or two of being hyper agressive and he'll settle down to where he should be. But I don't think he has it upstairs.

I think Myers has "slow eyes." He's late to understand what's going on. Before, he just stood around passively and watched other players attack our net. Now he's taking penalties that don't prevent anything, the penalties are after the play. Nolan has him being aggressive and that's good. Maybe a year or two of being hyper agressive and he'll settle down to where he should be. But I don't think he has it upstairs.

Myers didn't get a penalty for cross checking Day-Har-Nay. The play he did get a penalty on was for hitting a guy too hard behind the net.

Myers didn't get a penalty for cross checking Day-Har-Nay. The play he did get a penalty on was for hitting a guy too hard behind the net.

Myers has taken some dumb penalties, but that was not one of them. I thought he played a great game last night - best I have seen him play in quite a while.

Archived