GDT: Montreal at Buffalo 11-27-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

5 straight games with only 1 goal scored. You just can't win in this league if you can't put the puck in the net. I'm getting tired of the "good effort" stuff. Effort is all well and good, but at this point I'll take a lazy guy who scores goals.

Say, didn't we used to have a guy that scored guys but everyone said he was lazy.....?

We're not going to be a good team at any point this season. At best, your entertainment is going to come from watching guys like Pysyk, Girgensons, Grigorenko, etc. improve. And most of the time, a "good effort" is the best we'll do.

I do see improved play but this team is short on scoring talent. Late 90s they had the same type of team but Hasek was the difference maker. Nolan and Lafontaine are trying to steer this club in the right direction. At least I am enjoying the games unlike earlier in the season.

I have to say this team has looked considerably better over the last couple of weeks. Stafford and Myers look like entirely different players. They have been on the wrong end of bad breaks over the last few games. One big thing I have noticed is no matter how often they lose, they don't let it get to them. The old Sabres would go into a shell for weeks on end feeling bad for themselves. Nolan needs to keep the GAG line together for a while and let them feed off each other. I like the way they're going.

I do see improved play but this team is short on scoring talent. Late 90s they had the same type of team but Hasek was the difference maker. Nolan and Lafontaine are trying to steer this club in the right direction. At least I am enjoying the games unlike earlier in the season.

Absolutely.

I always thought Darcy kind of looked like the emperor from Star Wars...

20130207121427!Emperor_RotJ.png

Wow! Being a big Star Wars/Sabres fan, I'm ashamed to say I never noticed that. They look so much a like! Dang, now I won't like Star Wars as much. Thanks! :lol:

5 straight games with only 1 goal scored. You just can't win in this league if you can't put the puck in the net. I'm getting tired of the "good effort" stuff. Effort is all well and good, but at this point I'll take a lazy guy who scores goals.

Name a lazy player who can score and I will show you a player twice as skilled as any forward this team currently has.

I always thought Darcy kind of looked like the emperor from Star Wars...

20130207121427!Emperor_RotJ.png

I think we had this convo once.

Hockey's a funny game. If Adam hits that puck into the net and Leino scores instead of hitting that post, no way Myers gets called for boarding and no way Ennis gets called for interference,… but they didn't,… so they did,… and yet another loss.

Tonight in a nutshell.

You speak for me.

Must. Get. Rid. Of. Myers. :bag:

:unsure:

Yes, we've seen that movie before, haven't we. As far as I'm concerned, what we've seen the past two weeks is what we should expect.

We will win a few because the bounces will go occasionally our way. But we will always struggle to score.

• Scott is a monster.
  • Score one for the Hodgson sucks club
  • Nice to see Moulson remove the monkey
  • Adam Girgorenko Girgensons Pysyk McNabb as a third unit is exactly how this team should be breaking in the youngsters.
  • Tyler Myers gives me hope

SABRES SUCCUMB TO HABS POWER PLAY

Dan Dunleavy recaps the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Canadiens: Sabres-Canadiens Recap (11/27/13)

Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Canadiens: Ted Nolan Post-Game (11/27/13)

Ryan Miller speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Canadiens: Ryan Miller Post-Game (11/27/13)

Matt Moulson speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Canadiens: Matt Moulson Post-Game (11/27/13)

Steve Ott speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-1 loss to the Canadiens: Steve Ott Post-Game (11/27/13)

Tonight in a nutshell.

You speak for me.

:unsure:

Yes, we've seen that movie before, haven't we. As far as I'm concerned, what we've seen the past two weeks is what we should expect.

We will win a few because the bounces will go occasionally our way. But we will always struggle to score.

• Scott is a monster.
  • Score one for the Hodgson sucks club
  • Nice to see Moulson remove the monkey
  • Adam Girgorenko Girgensons Pysyk McNabb as a third unit is exactly how this team should be breaking in the youngsters.
  • Tyler Myers gives me hope

Tyler Myers IS the rebuilding plan if he ever gets back to what he was his rookie year.

Archived