• Czech Republic
    • Slovakia
    • Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

As an American, how does Latvia doing well turn out bad for us?

PS 2-1 now.

I'm guessing he thinks the Suisse have a better shot at Canada.

How about Ted Nolan on opposite bench of Lindy?

I'll be honest, I'm rooting more for Latvia than the US. It's fun watching Girgensons. It's an experience like this that can springboard him even faster in the NHL.

I think it's just most believing that the suiss have a better chance of upsetting canada tomorrow than Latvia, which would help us because then we wouldn't have to play canada in the semis

I'm guessing he thinks the Suisse have a better shot at Canada.

How about Ted Nolan on opposite bench of Lindy?

I'll be honest, I'm rooting more for Latvia than the US. It's fun watching Girgensons. It's an experience like this that can springboard him even faster in the NHL.

Yes, that's it.

Read this from www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/Halak-Bottom/6/58038 near the bottom is this description of Girgs.

"Buffalo Sabres 19 year-old rookie Zemgus Girgensons, who scored his first Olympic goal against King Hank Lundqvist in Saturday’s loss to Sweden, is capable of throwing his team on his back and fighting like a “Braveheart”. Zemgus will give the Swiss cold sweats because he never stops competing inside a shift. He fore checks like a hostile, hungry rottweiler chasing a mail man off his front porch."

Untouchable*

* I use this word like I use "prove" when talking about statistics. It's not 100% certain, but it would take something really unusual (unlikely) to make it not true.

Here's a ???.......so, we trade Miller. Can Nolan get the Latvian goalie to come here for a couple of years and do a 52/30 with Enroth until the Sabres are ready for primetime?

"Masalskis has been strong all tournament, which is remarkable when you consider that the goaltender has barely played at all this season. The netminder spent parts of the previous five campaigns in the KHL, but he couldn’t secure a contract in Russia for 2013-14, in part due to his injury history."

I dunno, guy can't hang in the KHL. I guess you could hope he stays healthy.

Read this from www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/Halak-Bottom/6/58038 near the bottom is this description of Girgs.

"Buffalo Sabres 19 year-old rookie Zemgus Girgensons, who scored his first Olympic goal against King Hank Lundqvist in Saturday’s loss to Sweden, is capable of throwing his team on his back and fighting like a “Braveheart”. Zemgus will give the Swiss cold sweats because he never stops competing inside a shift. He fore checks like a hostile, hungry rottweiler chasing a mail man off his front porch."

SCHWING!

Gotta love this kid and how he plays the game.

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.