Mark Pysyk

Doohickie

:doh:

My bad. I've got tea on the mind today.

No head slapping needed. I was just grinding your gears a bit.

In the NHL, isn't it "going out for a 'ginger ale'"?

My only frame of reference for this hockey-ism is Robitaille (in fact, that's generally my source for such phrasings), and I know he uses "cup of coffee".

I love Pysyk, but a stint in Rochacha won't hurt him. Let's see what we've got in the AHLers and whether they are ready (or close to ready) for the NHL. The best way I would characterize this season is "triage." Bringing in some D'Agostinis and Ellises to fill out the roster is better, think, than trying to bring all the AHLers up at once. If you have all the kids up at once, it puts too much on them to succeed without giving them the tools.

My only frame of reference for this hockey-ism is Robitaille (in fact, that's generally my source for such phrasings), and I know he uses "cup of coffee".

When I lived in Detroit, Mickey Redmond used the term "going out for a ginger ale" as a euphemism for going out and getting drunk. I was really just muddying the water with that line.

There's an extensive list of "Mickeyisms" for those who've watched the Red Wings over the years. They jump up into my consciousness from time to time. He would describe someone like Myers as "a tall glass of water" and a nasty slash on the hands was a "B.C. two-hander" (I guess hockey players from British Columbia had a nasty reputation).

not a big deal.

“He’s going to be a little different kind of send down, he won’t be there a long time, he’s going down for a few days and then they’re going over to the Spengler Cup and he’ll rejoin us right after that. This is the best way to get him some quality minutes and develop him mature wise.”

not a big deal.

“He’s going to be a little different kind of send down, he won’t be there a long time, he’s going down for a few days and then they’re going over to the Spengler Cup and he’ll rejoin us right after that. This is the best way to get him some quality minutes and develop him mature wise.”

interesting - thanks

Pysyk is getting a raw deal from Nolan imo, he's been steady save a few plays here n there through the year. Even the best defensemen get beat once in a while.

I don't think thats how it is intended. And I'm willing to bet thats now Pysyk is taking it.

Kid: we want you to go down get experience and you're going to play in the Spengler Cup. When it's over you're coming back to Buffalo and will remain here as long as your performance merits it.

Kid: Cool!

Not sure if you heard Nolan say that he won't be down long but he did. This is all positive if you can past not seeing him here for a few weeks. This can only improve him and I think this is a great move on their part.

I don't think thats how it is intended. And I'm willing to bet thats now Pysyk is taking it.

Kid: we want you to go down get experience and you're going to play in the Spengler Cup. When it's over you're coming back to Buffalo and will remain here as long as your performance merits it.

Kid: Cool!

Not sure if you heard Nolan say that he won't be down long but he did. This is all positive if you can past not seeing him here for a few weeks. This can only improve him and I think this is a great move on their part.

I'm thinking the cut in pay might not be so easily brushed off but on just a jaded, old capitalist

Ok then if thats the case I'm confused cause I liked what they said yesterday about him going down, going to Spengler and coming back. Something weird here now. Isn't the team going to Sweeden? So where are we sending him down to? Nobody will be there. :unsure:

Another day of working the offense at the office

One clarification on Tuesday's roster moves. Nolan said Mark Pysyk will not be traveling with Rochester to Switzerland for the Spengler Cup but will be recalled to Buffalo before the team leaves for the six-team tournament which starts on Dec. 26. However, the NHL has a roster freeze for Christmas starting at 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 19 and ending at 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 28. Teams can not trade, waive or demote a player to the minors in that time. They can promote a player from a minor league affiliate, according to the collective bargaining agreement

So Marky Mark will play this week with the 'Merks then come back to Buffalo and practice with the big club if they need him, but he'll technically be an Amerk. Is there some sort of rule about that? I mean if I'm in Buffalo practicing with the big boys but they are making 10x the money I am, I'm going to be pissed.

So Marky Mark will play this week with the 'Merks then come back to Buffalo and practice with the big club if they need him, but he'll technically be an Amerk. Is there some sort of rule about that? I mean if I'm in Buffalo practicing with the big boys but they are making 10x the money I am, I'm going to be pissed.

This whole demotion is very confusing. I'm still not sure why he's down there if he's not playing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.