John Scott Suspension: 7 Games, Will Not Appeal

26CornerBlitz

Does Scott have previous suspensions? If not then he can't be suspended because he has no history of suspensions which in the past has been Shamabans reason for not suspending guys. I swear to Gawd.

I say 3 games because he's just too damn big and it wasn't intensional but that being said this is the Sabres so maybe 5. on the other hand the severity of the injury has to be duly noted. Is there bruising ? If so add 1 game to the 3. Headaches ? Subtract 1 game for the Milbury effect but add a game for the blindside. Was there malice of forethought on the part of BIG JOHN or was he simply doing what he's been taught to do since pee wee ?

It wasn't an elbow, he didn't take a run and the height difference clearly played a role.

But it was also clearly a hit to the head by a questionable hockey player.

Three seems the standard for a first-offender hits to the head, add two more because it was Scott and I predict five.

But in the greater scheme of things this year, does it matter how long John Scott is suspended for?

Scott played a regular fourth line shift all game.

Milbury is hockey's biggest douche and I've heard more balanced broadcasts from Jack Edwards.

###### you NBC

Quit this ###### about height. Sure, him being taller made Eriksson's head an easier target, but it wasn't the only factor. And I didn't know that height makes you lower your shoulder and throw your elbow through the hit. Give me a break.

He'll get 5, but should get 10. John Scott shouldn't be in the NHL. He seems like a good guy. He's the worst player active in the NHL.

(However, Mike Milbury should be fired for his over-the-top, blatantly biased rant after the game).

But there's so much irony about all of this:

1. The Bruins are the only reason we have John Scott.

2. The Bruins have been called "classy" for not responding. We were criticized for not responding to Lucic. What gives?

3. Mike Milbury literally went into the stands and beat a fan with his shoe.

But there's so much irony about all of this:

1. The Bruins are the only reason we have John Scott.

2. The Bruins have been called "classy" for not responding. We were criticized for not responding to Lucic. What gives?

3. Mike Milbury literally went into the stands and beat a fan with his shoe.

Oh, it's hilarious. I don't feel bad at all, Boston had it coming...but that doesn't mean Scott shouldn't get smacked. I just wish it had happened to Marchand.

But there's so much irony hypocrisy about all of this

Absolutely.

Just so we have it on record, here's Milbury after Miller/Lucic:

What did Milbury think of the hit and the ruling on it? ...

“I thought it was the right call, it was a two minute minor and they were both going for the puck. We want to have players that play hard like Lucic does and there’s going to be contact and sometimes oh my God people will get hurt,” Milbury said.

Keep in mind Mill######head played for Boston for 12 years (his only team), beat a fan with his shoe in the stands as a player during a game, is a failed coach and GM, and currently collects paychecks from not only NBC, but NESN and HNIC as well.

Milbury is the definition of the word 'hypocrite'. What made it even worse was Pierre and Lucic on the bench talking about dirty hits. I agree with Stebb, the double standard presented by the tools on NBC regarding the way both teams reacted in their respective situations is extremely aggravating.

At most Scott should get 3 games. That's IF Shanahan is consistent, which we all know he won't be. The tools on NBC make Scott out to be a knuckledragging ogre. If anybody looks at his history he has never been one to throw cheap shots or illegal hits. He's here to fight and he only fights players who are willing to fight back. There are many more players in the league notorious for throwing cheap hits all the time and rarely get called. A few of them were in this game tonight. Making an issue of WHEN a coach puts a line on the ice is totally absurd! Did it ever occur to the NBC idiots that our 1st round pick from last year was on that line and he needs to get some ice time? Did he happen to notice the offensive contributions that Scott had tonight? ###### NBC, I'm so glad we're not on the schedule again until January.

Now, we can all get ready to compalin about Shanahan's inconsistencies when Scott gets 7 games tomorrow.

Archived