Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

I'll still hold onto hope of the miracle happening where we get both of them. Things are going my way right now, so let's just keep that going.

NYI win lottery and we finish last, draft McDavid and Eichel... that scenario would be the hockey gods blessing of a lifetime.

Am I alone in thinking the panthers shy away on a Dman first overall? If the panthers keep the pick I think they are passing on ekblad

You're one of the few. They need an anchor and want help now. Ekblad will be on an NHL roster this season. Or they keep the pick I'll be shocked if it isn't Ekblad.

Send Ehrhoff to Anaheim with a 2nd rounder for the 10.

Use a 2 and a compliance buyout to acquire a 20s 1st.

Offer Calgary the 10 and 2? for the 4th overall and grab the remaining top 4 guy.

Or just keep 10 and 2? and take Barbashev or Ehlers and Demko unless you think he could fall to our remaining 2nd rounder.

I think I want Reinhart. He's a center, not a winger; he can do one pullup; he's on the ice for 84% of his team's goals.

That's it for me.

Yeah i went to the Reinhart camp after combine to , but not for the pullups, but more for the fact he looked alot more balanced than Bennet.

and the aves where undecided on mackinnon and however many more draft lies have been told thru the years.

The Avs came out and admitted it would be MacKinnon before the draft, actually. Well they did the "if the draft were today we would draft MacKinnon line." That was six days before the draft.

I've already posted my love for Barbashev, but another guy I think is worth trading up into the high mid-first for is Kevin Fiala.

He's a bit of a dark horse, but something about this kid screams Joe Sakic - not style so much, but in that he is a skilled competitor who has been underrated in the draft because of average size and lack of spotlight.

I think he will have a better career than a lot of the guys that go ahead of him.

And it wouldn't surprise me if he's a surprise top-ten pick.

Send Ehrhoff to Anaheim with a 2nd rounder for the 10.

Use a 2 and a compliance buyout to acquire a 20s 1st.

Offer Calgary the 10 and a 2nd? for the 4th overall and grab the remaining top 4 guy.

Or just keep 10 and 2? and take Barbashev or Ehlers and Demko unless you think he could fall to our remaining 2nd rounder.

Had to read it a couple of times to understand, just a thought if we have the 2nd overall pick dont say 10 and 2 for 4. Anyways, in this draft Ehrhoff is worth 10th overall straight up IMPO. He is a top 2/3 defender with a reasonable cap hit. That #10 pick is a big old ????? so while I would do a similar trade, I wouldn't add stuff to an Ehrhoff deal simply to get to #10. Hell Sekera alone got us #35 in a deep draft.

I've already posted my love for Barbashev, but another guy I think is worth trading up into the high mid-first for is Kevin Fiala.

He's a bit of a dark horse, but something about this kid screams Joe Sakic - not style so much, but in that he is a skilled competitor who has been underrated in the draft because of average size and lack of spotlight.

I think he will have a better career than a lot of the guys that go ahead of him.

And it wouldn't surprise me if he's a surprise top-ten pick.

I like Fiala but not as a Sabre. He doesn't fit Timmy's mold. I think if we acquire another 1st round and also with those 2nd rounders, you should be looking at guys that are at least 6'1" 185lbs + with compete levels through the roof.

Fiala would be a great fit in Detroit IMPO. They could use some speed. I agree that he will have a better career then some players who go before him.

Still impressed with Justin Kirkland. August 96 B-day makes him young but he is 6'3" 190lbs currently and had his first WHL season last year getting 48pts in 68games and putting up a +23. On top of that he had 10 points in 14 playoff games.

http://editorinleaf.com/2014/06/16/2014-nhl-draft-profile-justin-kirkland/

Kirkland seemed to put his game all together late in the 2013-14 season, scoring 21 points in his final 21 games (and 10 in 14 playoff games). This bump in play has helped his draft stock in some eyes, making it hard to predict exactly where he will go in the draft. NHL Central Scouting’s placement of Kirkland at #67 in its final draft rankings would suggest that he will be picked somewhere from the late 3rd to 5th rounds, though Craig Button’s inclusion of Kirkland in his top 50 overall might hint that he could be picked as early as the 2nd round.

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey/blog/buzzing_the_net/post/nhl-draft-tracker-justin-kirkland-kelowna-rockets?urn=juniorhockey,wp33714

This article has his birthday wrong for some unknown reason.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-draft-war-room-justin-kirkland/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.