GDT: Buffalo at Chicago 10-12-13 at 8:00 PM

26CornerBlitz

Well, I have only watched 3 out of the 5 games by choice and that says a lot for me. It's more the depressing side of things than anger that won't allow me to get fully involved this year. I As a season ticket holder, that really puts me in between a rock and a hard place.

Having said that, I really hope this team can get a win to point them in the right direction and if there was ever time to get that win, tonight is it. Oh yea, wish list to get me back to my happy place:

Fire Darcy

Trade Miller and Vanek

1st overall pick (doesn'mean we can't see improvement this year)

New coach next year

Royal blue jerseys

Well, I have only watched 3 out of the 5 games by choice and that says a lot for me. It's more the depressing side of things than anger that won't allow me to get fully involved this year. I As a season ticket holder, that really puts me in between a rock and a hard place.

Having said that, I really hope this team can get a win to point them in the right direction and if there was ever time to get that win, tonight is it. Oh yea, wish list to get me back to my happy place:

Fire Darcy

Trade Miller and Vanek

New coach next year

Royal blue jerseys

To be honest we need another young top 6 forward, i say trade Myers for one.

"another" would indicate that the Sabres currently have a "young top 6 forward."

An effort like the other night and fantasy teams loaded with Blackhawks are going to have a spectacular night.

To be honest we need another young top 6 forward, i say trade Myers for one.

I think more specifically we need a top-6 center. We are the weakest team down the middle in the league.

Have a huge street festival going on in my neighborhood today (Germantown festival) and I'll be working the beer tent all day... so if I watch this one I'll be too drunk to care!

We are the worst team in hockey hands down. We make fla and phoenix look competent

We have the worst management in hockey hands down. Regier and ownership have effectively scuttled this ship casting the players adrift while saying " Thats o.k. boys dogpaddle awhile. We'll send re-enforcements in about 3-4 years. "

GO SABRES ! do the best you can. :wallbash:

Fire Darcy

Trade Miller and Vanek

New coach next year

Royal blue jerseys

Like the wish list. Would like to add a couple of things to it.....

1st overall pick 2015

Top 3 pick 2016

We have the worst management in hockey hands down. Regier and ownership have effectively scuttled this ship casting the players adrift while saying " Thats o.k. boys dogpaddle awhile. We'll send re-enforcements in about 3-4 years. "

GO SABRES ! do the best you can. :wallbash:

Agree with the worst management in hockey hands down statement. I don't put Pegula in there however.

As for the dog paddle analogy, it was necessary, it must be done to build a contender.

It was nice to see the Amerks win last night; all the losing lately was making me a little anemic.

http://www.wgr550.com/Hackett--Adam-Shine-in-Amerks--First-Win/17510291

Good job Amerks, I hope the Sabres can follow in their foot steps and get their first win.

Let's Go Buffalo!

By the way, Luke Adam actually was playing like his career depended upon it. Good job Luke, maybe he can turn it around.

Does Kaleta get credit for time served?

Like the wish list. Would like to add a couple of things to it.....

1st overall pick 2015

Top 3 pick 2016

Agree with the worst management in hockey hands down statement. I don't put Pegula in there however.

As for the dog paddle analogy, it was necessary, it must be done to build a contender.

How is Pagula not directly responsible for this mess ? Its his inaction and in some cases ineptitude as an owner that got us to this place. He's the head dude. I agree that a certain amount of suckitude is necessary but not that Regier nor the people he's surrounded himself with should be anywhere near this rebuild. They need to be put in a lifeboat and cast aside.

GO SABRES !

How is Pagula not directly responsible for this mess ? Its his inaction and in some cases ineptitude as an owner that got us to this place. He's the head dude. I agree that a certain amount of suckitude is necessary but not that Regier nor the people he's surrounded himself with should be anywhere near this rebuild. They need to be put in a lifeboat and cast aside.

GO SABRES !

Well, you make my case for me with regards to Pegula. You simply can't put an owner in the life boat with the rest and cast him aside, he owns the ship.

And although he decided to retain Regier, I would hope you took into consideration the input given by those around him, such as Ken, Ted and several others.

Last but not least, there is little talked about it, but have you checked just how ingrained Regier is at the NHL operations level? Since 2004 he has steadily risen up the ranks of committees and is considered far and wide by the 30 member board of governers of the NHL as one of the top 3 hockey minds currently in the NHL organization. You don't think an undisputed thumbs up from BOG chairman Jeremy Jacobs (a WNY product in his own right) has anything to do with Regier's tenure here in Buffalo?

I fully suspect Regier's time here in Buffalo and position have less to do with Pegula and much more to do with just how wooven into the NHL fabric he is. If, and it's a big if, but if he is let go by Pegula, Regier assuredly has a top level NHL home office job waiting for him, and it wouldn't surprise me if NHL commissioner is potentially within his grasp. There is much more going on here then meets the average fans eyes, that much should be obvious.

Archived