GDT: Buffalo at Chicago 10-12-13 at 8:00 PM

26CornerBlitz

Like the wish list. Would like to add a couple of things to it.....

1st overall pick 2015

Top 3 pick 2016

Agree with the worst management in hockey hands down statement. I don't put Pegula in there however.

As for the dog paddle analogy, it was necessary, it must be done to build a contender.

and the 2015 and 2016 top picks will make this team compeitive in??????????????????? 2025? Maybe! lol

This could get ugly fast. Earlier this year I was contemplating a road trip to Chicago to see some friends and go to this game. With this team, I'm glad I passed.

I don't blame u. I was planning to go to Los Angeles and Anaheim since it's only a 4 hour drive but I'm not gonna waste my time and money watching them live when I know there not gonna even have a chance to win.

It is what it is I'm afraid. A day late and a dollar short, but at least, it's finally here. I'm still young enough where I may see a Cup hoisted by the team in my life time.

This is what I've been saying especially when Vanek and Miller are gone this is going to be a long rebuild possibly worse than Edmonton at least Edmonton had other players who could put the puck in the net. Buffalo only has Vanek!

Wow, Bleacher Report article calling for Coach Rolstons head after 5 games.

http://bleacherrepor...nt-needs-to-end

Talk about knee jerk.

That guy's a hack.

The problem? There are no systems.

That's nonsense. The systems are there, the author just doesn't recognize them. The issue is that for the execution of some of those systems, the players have had a lack of talent, effort, and/or confidence. It's up to the coach and the players to find ways to win.

Nah the 2015 1st overall pick is like the Golden Ticket in Willie Wonka, the Golden Idol in Indiana Jones, or the Golden Snitch in Harry Potter. It is the most precious thing out there and will be the quickest way to turn this franchise around and honestly I'm willing to suffer these next 2 seasons so we have the best shot at it. However knowing us, we'll get screwed by the lottery and end up with #2.

Nah the 2015 1st overall pick is like the Golden Ticket in Willie Wonka, the Golden Idol in Indiana Jones, or the Golden Snitch in Harry Potter. It is the most precious thing out there and will be the quickest way to turn this franchise around and honestly I'm willing to suffer these next 2 seasons so we have the best shot at it. However knowing us, we'll get screwed by the lottery and end up with #2.

The Sabres won't be screwed by the lottery. Instead, they'll mix in one of their trademark late-season win streaks that arrives long after they've been eliminated from contention.

Being a Sabres fan was a miserable experience last season and that only got us to a 8th overall pick.

The Sabres won't be screwed by the lottery. Instead, they'll mix in one of their trademark late-season win streaks that arrives long after they've been eliminated from contention.

Being a Sabres fan was a miserable experience last season and that only got us to a 8th overall pick.

Yeah that was awfuk from my eyes I think we were the worst team in the league last season and these late season win streaks need to end because it is KILLING us I mean it's nice to wins but not nearly as nice as it would have been seeing say a Monahan in blue and gold.

I eagerly await Grigs being matched up against Toews (Chicago gets the last change, after all), getting his ass handed to him, and everybody proceeding to say how terrible he is.

Here are my conclusions from the game:

• Myers has his moments but played horrendously most of the game. He looks lost out there and is not nearly physical enough - all tall men should beat up smaller men, it's called evolution. He will never live up to his contract, we should trade him now.
  • Grigo played poorly and also looked lost, he was floating all game and didn't go into the corners or drop below the hash marks at either end. What I do not mention is that he has touted as having decent two way game before the draft
  • Girgenson played really well and I love him. I also really like Foligno
  • Our defence was pushed around and not nearly physical enough. We needed Weber in there, he was sorely missed
  • Coho once again merely delivered Vanek with the perfect pass to score. He is just riding Vanek's ability. If Vanek was not there, those perfect passes would not be converted and he would not put up as many points. He too is overpaid
  • Our problems are all because of our defence. Not our AHL quality group of forwards.

• Myers has his moments but played horrendously most of the game. He looks lost out there and is not nearly physical enough - all tall men should beat up smaller men, it's called evolution. He will never live up to his contract, we should trade him now.
  • Grigo played poorly and also looked lost, he was floating all game and didn't go into the corners or drop below the hash marks at either end. What I do not mention is that he has touted as having decent two way game before the draft
  • Our defence was pushed around and not nearly physical enough. We needed Weber in there, he was sorely missed
  • Coho once again merely delivered Vanek with the perfect pass to score. He is just riding Vanek's ability. If Vanek was not there, those perfect passes would not be converted and he would not put up as many points. He too is overpaid
  • Our problems are all because of our defence. Not our AHL quality group of forwards.

10/10

Also, there's this:

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington50m

RR on Grigorenko benching: "That gave him some perspective on watching. Now he gets 2 get back into the lineup and try to improve."

Semi-serious question: if Grigorenko was supposed to learn from that CBJ game, it stands to reason he might actually be worse this game, right? ;)

The troll is strong in this one. :)

Well, you make my case for me with regards to Pegula. You simply can't put an owner in the life boat with the rest and cast him aside, he owns the ship.

And although he decided to retain Regier, I would hope you took into consideration the input given by those around him, such as Ken, Ted and several others.

Last but not least, there is little talked about it, but have you checked just how ingrained Regier is at the NHL operations level? Since 2004 he has steadily risen up the ranks of committees and is considered far and wide by the 30 member board of governers of the NHL as one of the top 3 hockey minds currently in the NHL organization. You don't think an undisputed thumbs up from BOG chairman Jeremy Jacobs (a WNY product in his own right) has anything to do with Regier's tenure here in Buffalo?

I fully suspect Regier's time here in Buffalo and position have less to do with Pegula and much more to do with just how wooven into the NHL fabric he is. If, and it's a big if, but if he is let go by Pegula, Regier assuredly has a top level NHL home office job waiting for him, and it wouldn't surprise me if NHL commissioner is potentially within his grasp. There is much more going on here then meets the average fans eyes, that much should be obvious.

I think you're probably right. DR does belong in the N.H.L. head office. He's made it perfectly clear to the average fan that he is terrible at team building. Top 3 hockey minds is a stretch though. I've heard it here on Sabrespace but absolutely no where else. Exactly how does he get that distinction ? From icing a winning franchise ? Anyways, enough on Regier. I'm calling this one a blowout unfortunately. 6-1 for the hawks. That being said. GO SABRES !

this team is still just three big skilled wingers who can skate and find the net ocassionally and one shutdown physical defenseman away from a winning record and a run at the last playoff hole, even with the defects at center it has. The Sabres have the assets and cap room to acquire those players...thats the silly part of all of this. ,continiue to draft , shed load, get some adults

Archived