Please No Kevin Porter on the Roster

SabresBillsFan

Yup. I think McCormick-Porter-Kaleta could be a pretty nice 4th line. Besides, I'd rather have guys like Girgensons and Larsson eating big AHL minutes rather than 4th line NHL minutes.

On that note, I think Larsson makes the team as the 3rd line center.

I'm also thinking Larsson makes the team. Too me the Sabres really messed Grigorenko up by playing him over his 10 games last year. He clearly doesn't look better than last year and his skating doesn't look like it got better at all. I hate to say this but he needs to go back to junior since he can't go to the AHL.

I don't want too many rookies on the team at once. We also need vets to help the rookies

I guess this is where Darcy comes up with the word suffering to fans if we have to watch Porter out there.

Reality is starting to set in. This team is 100-1 and only Calgary and Florida are as long of a shot. If they feed too many kids to the wolves, this can become a Columbus/Florida model of futility over the span of many years. Sad thing is, there is already a losing culture here, Tony Robbins schtick aside. I'm starting to thin the best thing to do is bury as many kids in juniors and Rochester as you can to keep them developing. If you start the season 5-15....a bunch of 18-21 year olds can tune everything out in a hurry and we may be in a true world of hurt.

Porter hustled his ass off last night, threw the body around and was pretty smart out there.

Until Grigs and Girgs and the rest are more effective than him they shouldn't be on the roster.

Until Grigs and Girgs and the rest are more effective than him, this team is going to be on the outside looking in.

He's a smaller, speedier Matt Ellis.

I actually like him, but I can't wait until he is no longer relevant to this team.

Reality is starting to set in. This team is 100-1 and only Calgary and Florida are as long of a shot. If they feed too many kids to the wolves, this can become a Columbus/Florida model of futility over the span of many years. Sad thing is, there is already a losing culture here, Tony Robbins schtick aside. I'm starting to thin the best thing to do is bury as many kids in juniors and Rochester as you can to keep them developing. If you start the season 5-15....a bunch of 18-21 year olds can tune everything out in a hurry and we may be in a true world of hurt.

So the rest of the odds are:

Chicago Blackhawks: 6-1

Pittsburgh Penguins: 13-2

Boston Bruins: 10-1

Los Angeles Kings: 12-1

St. Louis Blues: 12-1

Detroit Red Wings: 16-1

Vancouver Canucks: 16-1

San Jose Sharks: 18-1

Edmonton Oilers: 20-1

Minnesota Wild: 20-1

New York Rangers: 20-1

Anaheim Ducks: 22-1

Montreal Canadiens: 25-1

Toronto Maple Leafs: 25-1

Washington Capitals: 25-1

Philadelphia Flyers: 28-1

New York Islanders: 33-1

Ottawa Senators: 33-1

Carolina Hurricanes: 40-1

Colorado Avalanche: 40-1

Columbus Blue Jackets: 40-1

Dallas Stars: 40-1

New Jersey Devils: 40-1

Nashville Predators: 50-1

Tampa Bay Lightning: 50-1

Winnipeg Jets: 50-1

Phoenix Coyotes: 66-1

Buffalo Sabres: 100-1

Calgary Flames: 100-1

Florida Panthers: 150-1

For the first time in 10 years, this team has young interesting talent. There is a palpable change to my outlook of the organization, where a word like potential actually means something. The wait and see if, the same old same old can provide something year by year has finally seeme dto pass. Now there is excitement for young players. To me Kevin Porter = Jochen Hecht. Although I am probably one of the few people here that liked him, players like him (Ellis, McCormick, Adam) should be pushed out of the way.

no Porter, Ellis, or McCormick please. i'm sure they are all great guys and great team mates but i don't think any of them give us a better chance to win than armia/larsson/tropp/girgensons... or even Flynn.

On an individual by individual basis this may be true, but I don't think it is collectively. You're not going to win a damn thing with a roster of green rookies, regardless of talent level.

no Porter, Ellis, or McCormick please. i'm sure they are all great guys and great team mates but i don't think any of them give us a better chance to win than armia/larsson/tropp/girgensons... or even Flynn.

This is exactly how I feel

On an individual by individual basis this may be true, but I don't think it is collectively. You're not going to win a damn thing with a roster of green rookies, regardless of talent level.

we understand that but potential wise most would like to see the rookies grow in Buffalo rather than seeing the same stale talent over and over

we understand that but potential wise most would like to see the rookies grow in Buffalo rather than seeing the same stall talent over and over

I don't think it's automatic they'll grow just by playing in the NHL. In fact, I believe putting rookies in the wrong situation can stunt growth more than encourage it.

You are comparing 4th line NHL players with potential 2nd line NHLers who are nowhere near ready to go. They aren't even competing for the same jobs.

what is so horrible about kevin porter? and brian flynn? they were two forwards that played consistent throughout the end of the year and here we are bashing them? these threads are just crazy to me. everyone is so negative. those guys cost next to nothing, and have been solid. are they going to be elite forwards? no. but we will never have a team of elite forwards. they are good pieces to fill in gaps right now so we can at least hold our heads above water while the young guys mature and develop. i guess i just dont understand the value of a thread like this.

what is so horrible about kevin porter? and brian flynn? they were two forwards that played consistent throughout the end of the year and here we are bashing them? these threads are just crazy to me. everyone is so negative. those guys cost next to nothing, and have been solid. are they going to be elite forwards? no. but we will never have a team of elite forwards. they are good pieces to fill in gaps right now so we can at least hold our heads above water while the young guys mature and develop. i guess i just dont understand the value of a thread like this.

The value is that this kind of reasoning will only lead to one place: a high draft pick spot. Play your kids, jettison the experienced journeymen and hope for last place. Weeee!

The value is that this kind of reasoning will only lead to one place: a high draft pick spot. Play your kids, jettison the experienced journeymen and hope for last place. Weeee!

i wish it were not true, but just tossing kids in the nhl is not the best development path imo.

Porter hustled his ass off last night, threw the body around and was pretty smart out there.

Until Grigs and Girgs and the rest are more effective than him they shouldn't be on the roster.

Until Grigs and Girgs and the rest are more effective than him, this team is going to be on the outside looking in.

He's a smaller, speedier Matt Ellis.

I actually like him, but I can't wait until he is no longer relevant to this team.

This is where I fall as well. He's not a bad player, but once the kids get acclimated and comfortable with the NHL, he should no longer be necessary.

I am not a big Porter fan and i dont think he should be in the NHL, but, he is a pretty quick skater. Atleast give the dude credit where it's due.

he must of got backchecked by all the fastest skaters last year then. I will go so far to say he is a good skater. Kaleta is fast Max was fast Porter gets up to speed quick

Archived