A full season... 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Every decent RFA remains unsigned. Stop panicking folks. It is normal and part of the process

There are several more then decent RFA's unsigned but it is incorrect to say EVERY one remains unsigned. Several have slready resigned.

That being said, I expect Hodgdon to sign with the Sabres in the next two weeks.

What?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RP6LsVnRE0

I guess Tim Thomas wasn't in the NHL this year...

LOL.. you are kidding right? a shot with a 1-100 chance from the boards that probably gets deflected by the defender and hits the far post and goes in is proof he can shoot.. Be honest man we are not talking Stafford here . should I show you the other fifty that look very pedestrian. How many videos did you look at to find the only one that would work for your story line...lol

LOL.. you are kidding right? a shot with a 1-100 chance from the boards that probably gets deflected by the defender and hits the far post and goes in is proof he can shoot.. Be honest man we are not talking Stafford here . should I show you the other fifty that look very pedestrian. How many videos did you look at to find the only one that would work for your story line...lol

Literally the first result on YouTube. Yup, pedestrian all right. :rolleyes:

There is a zero % chance he's not a Sabre come October. Moving him would be an epic fail on a cataclysmic level. They might as well trade every player they have and just sign a bunch of AHLers to fill out the roster with that mentality.

How did he come to the Sabres?. I think some of his old teams fans said the same thing at the same time . I see it as they either re-negotiate a larger number or trade??? Will he be here, probably but he has to wonder about his future with a ground zero rebuild. I can see him go in a trade if he has sent the signal(least bloody scenario). I agree he probably stays but for a very short term bigger money deal. Lets assume you are Cody.. you know have good numbers because you played with skill, you are worth more. Now you are looking at less skill and a complete rebuild. Your line mates are going to be ? How do you play it. It probably ends imo with short term more money deal but you have to give a trade honorable mention if he wants it

Literally the first result on YouTube. Yup, pedestrian all right. :rolleyes:

Was there more than one lol

You should really work on comprehension. take some time when you read others posts . absorb the material. go back to the original post.. read the exchange so you have some context .use some quotes from the post you are responding to. .I never said he could not score, never said he could not carry the puck or that he did not have potential or any of the things you imagined .. I said he was never going to fool anybody with his shot, at least those that are not deflected and go in off the post..lol ..I said he scored dirty goals (a good thing)............is he a keeper. yep a good 3 now maybe 2 in the future "MAYBE" is the operative word here.. does he want to stay and play with less talent and help with a ground zero rebuild. Will his numbers go up if he does stay? If his numbers drop is he worth less? my guess is NO,he would choose not to stay, the money is driver here as it always is . it makes it easier for a player to abandon the dream. lol ///.. if it is not right ..we will see what happens.

You want me to post every video of Hodgson making a great play on YouTube?

Please do every one where he shoots.. maybe you should really start by reading my response to the halucinationations in your post... lol fill the page with video if it makes you happy LOL.

Please do every one where he shoots.. maybe you should really start by reading my response to the halucinationations in your post... lol fill the page with video if it makes you happy LOL.

If the only thing you care about is Hodgson's shooting ability then you don't even understand the role Hodgson is here to play.

If the only thing you care about is Hodgson's shooting ability then you don't even understand the role Hodgson is here to play.

Could you show me where I said that in any of my posts? lol ...here ..I want to help...you feel better

His shot is not going to fool or beat a nhl goalie so he has to rely on dirty goals

This is just patently false. You can criticize the kid in many ways, first and foremost should be his skating and back checking but his shot is nowhere near the top of that list. It's actually one if his strengths. Don't just take it from me.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/01/14/cody-hodgson-makes-posts-sing-with-his-slapshot/

"Just one week ago, the Canucks played the Bruins in the most thrilling game of the season. During the contest, Canucks fans witnessed one of the dirtiest things you will ever see in hockey. I’m not talking about Brad Marchand low-bridging Sami Salo; I’m talking about Cody Hodgson’s filthy slapshot that blew past Tim Thomas for the gamewinning goal. It was, as the kids say, sick, ill, and nasty.

You just don’t see slapshots like that any more, at least from a forward’s stick. The slapshot is normally the domain of the hulking blueliner who is able to put a massive amount of leverage on the stick to propel the puck forward. The two modern-day masters of the slapshot are Zdeno Chara, who is 6’9″ and 255 lbs, and Shea Weber, who is 6’4″ and 232 lbs.

Hodgson is an even 6′ and weighs a mere 185 lbs. Yet his slapshot is both blistering and precise."

2:25 against Jimmy Howard is a thing of beauty.

Also there's a great look at that goal against Thomas where, despite waldo's contention otherwise, that puck never hits anything on the way to the back of the net. Straight rocket.

Picking top corner against Hiller at 3:54, wow.

Breakaway on Crawford at 4:44.

Are we really questioning this kid's offensive ability?

2:48 Watch him look around and continuously keep moving to keep in a lane.

For sure. The kid is pure hockey sense. The only thing he's guilty of is expecting too much from his teammates sometimes. So many great passes last season completely whiffed on. If Stafford buried half the pucks that bounce to him that Hodgson does we wouldn't even hate him.

So now that that is over...

Cody Hodgson obviously would do better with Vanek on his wing.. IT IS THOMAS VANEK. There are only about 5 Centers in the entire league who wouldn't do better. That being said what Cody brings is his ability to create... passing, skating, IQ. His shot is average but that is why we have guys like Armia, Bailey (kid shoots hard) and others in the system.

For sure. The kid is pure hockey sense. The only thing he's guilty of is expecting too much from his teammates sometimes. So many great passes last season completely whiffed on. If Stafford buried half the pucks that bounce to him that Hodgson does we wouldn't even hate him.

If he had done so four years ago, sure...but at this point I'm pretty certain Stafford's bed of hatred is already made :P

I think it might be contagious.

LOL.. you are kidding right? a shot with a 1-100 chance from the boards that probably gets deflected by the defender and hits the far post and goes in is proof he can shoot.

It does not and it does not. That's a lazy response, but if you're going to ignore evidence, I suppose that's your only option. Check the video d4rk posted at 3:25 and it'll slow the shot down for you.

There are areas Cody needs to improve, but his shot is very good.

Archived